News:

Your innocence proves nothing.

Main Menu

Looking for help / feedback on a thing I did

Started by LHX, January 24, 2013, 05:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LHX

Peace Fams -

Back in the day (like '05 or '06) between here and one of the other Discordian boards that I think doesn't exist anymore, I had crafted some stories of a particular style that was very much informed by a lot of the stuff that y'all had put on my mind -

Over time I have aggregated a bunch of these stories and recently have found time to put them all together.

Only issue is, I don't know if they are shit or not, and beyond that, I don't know what to do with them beyond let them exist.

Writing is not my profession by any stretch, but I wouldn't mind playing around with ways to put these out for people to check -

They can be found here: http://reale.ca/true-stories-of-things-that-happened/

I am hoping that people at least find them to some degree interesting or entertaining and ultimately not a waste of time -

Please let me know if you have any thoughts / feedback / suggestions -

Any insights are monumentally appreciated x 1000000000000000

Peace
neat hell

LMNO

Ok, I just read the first one, and I'm hooked.  When I've gotten further in, I'll try to give more specific feedback.  But for now, awesome.

LHX

haha

cool -

there are about 4 or 5 of them that were originally posted in this forum in some iteration, so if anybody has a brain that stretches back to 6 year old forum posts, you might recognize something -

also: i have already received a dose of negative feedback from folks that weren't feelin them, so don't be hesitant to let me know if they suck -

Peace -
neat hell

Mangrove

Hey!

I sampled a couple of these and I really like them. I'm not sure if it's a useful or even accurate comparison, but it put me in mind of Brautigan's "Troutfishing in America". Short, odd pieces with a poignant twist. I say, keep at it!

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's hard to put my finger on exactly what it is that I love, but I do. I think I love that I am left searching for a point, a parable, and certain that there is one.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

So far, I'm seeing these as "Snapshots of Helplessness".

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LHX

ha thanks yo -

if anybody has any suggestions of things to do with them, let me know -

so far the most use i have had with them is running some JavaScript algorithms to figure out the most frequently used words

thanks again -

Peace
neat hell