News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

TGRR Podcasts

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, December 24, 2008, 04:36:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

So, um, I kind of wonder if there are more ULC people "for real" (whatever that means), or it's mostly discordians, subgenii and ilk that want an (extra) really real religious title for realness :)

Anyway, I think I'll be getting one soon as well. I don't really care for legally marrying people or anything, but having a religious title sounds like fun.

Except I'm not entirely sure about these records they're keeping, even though they promise to not sell em or use for any bad purposes, and let's say I fully believe them, neither did the Dutch government sell or use the records of all people Jewish for anything bad ... until the Nazis decided to pay us a visit. Paranoid, me? :lol:

It definitely can't hurt to have a religious obligation to "do what's right", though.

And the marriage thing, well it might be kinda cool if I was going to propose to my girl at some very romantic perfect time, and then put the deed to the word and immediately perform a marriage on us too :) [of course later on there will be a party for friends and family, but I don't see why this marriage thing shouldn't be a private matter].
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

As far as I can tell the ULC serves a lot of fringe groups: Wiccans, Satanists, Discordians, Subgenii, etc. as well as people who are not exactly "religious" but have some sort of spiritual practice, and then also the jokers who just want a minister credential.

As for marrying you and your gf... unless the law is drastically different in the Netherlands, they make you use a third-party officiant, and two witnesses. :)
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

fomenter

Arizona doesn't require a third party officiant just witness signatures and some court paperwork
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Triple Zero

Quote from: Nigel on January 18, 2009, 05:12:10 PM
As for marrying you and your gf... unless the law is drastically different in the Netherlands, they make you use a third-party officiant, and two witnesses. :)

awwww :sad:
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

fomenter

Quote from: Fomenter on January 18, 2009, 05:20:23 PM
Arizona doesn't require a third party officiant just witness signatures and some court paperwork
i saw a modified Quaker wedding and the couple stood up and gave vows in front of guests, and said "we now declare ourselves husband and wife" a few Sig's and some paper work and it was legal.
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yeah, I think the witnesses are key everywhere.

I didn't know Arizona doesn't require an officiant, although I did know that in Alaska marriage only requires one witness/officiant, and any citizen can do it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

fomenter

i dont recall how many witnesses it took, these things vary from state to state in Utah i needed two "i think" and a court judge to officiate. i don't know if the judge was necessary, it didn't occur to me to ask

hmroogp

Triple Zero

I just found out what's the deal with marriage in the Netherlands. Any religious involvement is simply optional. All you have to do is go to the municipality center and fill out the form. You also need a witness, but if you didn't bring your own, any clerk over there will witness for you if you ask nicely. You may have to make an appointment first, I'm not sure.

If you wanna get married in the church (any church, apparently) that's nice, but you still need to sign the form at the municipality center to make it official for the state.

So I may or may not ordain myself as a ULC Priest, but it won't really grant me any additional marriage powerz, to speak of.

Payne

Fuck the clerkz!

I will be your witness, as long as I get to "witness" EVERYTHING.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Payne on January 19, 2009, 01:03:25 AM
Fuck the clerkz!

I will be your witness, as long as I get to "witness" EVERYTHING.

And that is maybe, partly, possibly, my slightly perverted reason why I thought it might be cool to do a marriage in private, and have eachother scream "I DOOOOOOO" during climax and go*pant* .. *pant* .. good .. *pant* .. I now declare us man and wife. *collapses*

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Triple Zero on January 18, 2009, 11:35:54 PM
I just found out what's the deal with marriage in the Netherlands. Any religious involvement is simply optional. All you have to do is go to the municipality center and fill out the form. You also need a witness, but if you didn't bring your own, any clerk over there will witness for you if you ask nicely. You may have to make an appointment first, I'm not sure.

If you wanna get married in the church (any church, apparently) that's nice, but you still need to sign the form at the municipality center to make it official for the state.

So I may or may not ordain myself as a ULC Priest, but it won't really grant me any additional marriage powerz, to speak of.

Oh, that's pretty cool!

For all intents and purposes, being ordained in Oregon no longer gives a person additional wedding officiant powerz, either, because while the law states that the officiant (who is required to sign the legal marriage document) be either a judge or an ordained minister with credentials registered with the county clerk, about two years ago, due to budget cuts, the county clerk position was eliminated.

:lulz:

Sister_Gothique

Quote from: Manabu on January 11, 2009, 04:11:21 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 09, 2009, 03:45:07 AM
I'm really only happy like that around my friends.  Of which I have 2.  Of which 100% just moved to North Carolina.

aww

my feelings, they are hurt.

off to my corner i go
*tackle* CHEER UP, EMO KID!!
I'm the new "God's Will"...Soon it'll be, "Oh, I can't be held accountable for THAT, Sister Gothique made me do it!"

Sister_Gothique

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 15, 2009, 11:54:36 PM
Quote from: BAWHEED on January 15, 2009, 11:33:24 PM
Ah, I thought he was one of the new wave of n00bs ...

No, no, he's been doing it for years.  He's been fucking up the internet about as long as I have, or at least close.
He's a professional new wave noob *nods and smiles*
I'm the new "God's Will"...Soon it'll be, "Oh, I can't be held accountable for THAT, Sister Gothique made me do it!"

Jenne

SISTER_GOTHIQUE!  You is returned!

Sister_Gothique

Quote from: Jenne on January 19, 2009, 07:17:32 PM
SISTER_GOTHIQUE!  You is returned!
Briefly, but surely. No internet at home quite yet..but I had a few moments at my fellow's parents to fiddle with the internets. Shouldn't be long now. Until next time...  :D