News:

Thinking about Gabbard in general, my animal instinct is to flatten my ears against my head, roll my eyes up till the whites show, bare my teeth, and trill like a cicada stuck in a Commodore 64.

Main Menu

sexo de Dios

Started by DORADA, December 28, 2008, 11:41:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Also the Book of Enoch.  But weren't they cast down first?

Also entirely possible, Ratatosk.  I was thinking more of how the Jesus quote may be percieved in the future, as opposed to the context in which it was spoken and how it would be recieved back then.  Either way, I think its very likely that the Israelites and Jewish tradition see Angels as either Male, or entirely alien to human understanding.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: LMNO on December 30, 2008, 03:21:53 PM
Didn't the angels have sex with men, and so birthed the Giants of the Nephilim (Genesis 6)?

Yes, that's the bit I referenced before:
QuoteThe only other reference I remember is from Genesis where the angels saw the 'daughters of men', got horny and came to fuck them.

The key bit here is that they lusted after the daughters of men, while they were in heaven. If nothing else, it would seem the Hebrews gave spiritual entities attributes more in line with a male than female person. Almost all of their heroes are male (with a few exceptions like Rahab, Deborah,  Ruth and Esther) , their legal system was based on the patriarchal family (the male inherited the land/stuff from the man's side of the family etc) and  their religious system was built off of a promised seed, documented through the male side of the family from Abraham through to Joseph (or Mary depending on which way you want to go).

Even the cases where women were heroic, they were still subservient. After Deborah put a spike through the head of the King of Assryia, she went to find Barauch to let him deal with it. Rahab was a hero and was saved at Jericho. For the risks she took, she was rewarded by being allowed to marry a Jewish man (and thus got to be in the line that gave birth to Jesus if you believe the Christians). Ruth was a hero because she was hard working and a good woman that impressed Boaz with her diligent work in gleaning the fields for her mother in law after her husband died (she also got to be in the seed line according to the Christians). Esther also was a hero because she knew how to show respect to Men, both her uncle Mordicai and her husband King Ahasererus.

She saved all the Jews because she was a smart woman that showed respect to men. That is about the best you get from the X Chromosome side of the gene pool in the Bible.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cain on December 30, 2008, 03:40:18 PM

Nope, they were cast down afterward... in fact, according to the Jewish tradition, they all left their human bodies and went back to heaven for awhile.

Also entirely possible, Ratatosk.  I was thinking more of how the Jesus quote may be percieved in the future, as opposed to the context in which it was spoken and how it would be recieved back then.  Either way, I think its very likely that the Israelites and Jewish tradition see Angels as either Male, or entirely alien to human understanding.

Yep, like most of the bible, we don't really grok the context, nor the nuance of the actual language. The conversation seems kind of dumb to me taken at face value (how is that a 'fine answer'?!) I would agree, however, with your summation of the Jewish view.

Cain

Quote from: Ratatosk on December 30, 2008, 03:54:44 PM

Nope, they were cast down afterward... in fact, according to the Jewish tradition, they all left their human bodies and went back to heaven for awhile.

Ah, I can never remember.  I know at one point its all lusting, and at another points its all Top Secret Military Weapons and Hi-Tech exchanges (in contravention of the Iron and Writing Nonproliferation Treaty), but I never remember which one goes first.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cain on December 30, 2008, 03:57:08 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on December 30, 2008, 03:54:44 PM

Ah, I can never remember.  I know at one point its all lusting, and at another points its all Top Secret Military Weapons and Hi-Tech exchanges (in contravention of the Iron and Writing Nonproliferation Treaty), but I never remember which one goes first.

:lulz:

If you follow the JW line of reasoning (I use the word loosely)... The fallen angels (demons) and Satan all were allowed to come and go in heaven as they pleased until Jesus was given the Throne. The he (as Michael the Archangel) lead a war and cast out the demons and Satan for good, making heaven pure again. Then, he started resurrecting people to life in heaven, once he 'took out the garbage', as it were.

They felt particularly justified, since they claimed that it would happen in October 1914... and then saw 5's, I mean quarters... err I mean, fulfillment of prophecy when WWI broke out. (Jesus kicked Satan out, made him live on earth for good... Satan takes it out on us with a world war).

Now sure, we might claim that WWI was started based on a trail of events far before October (or even 1914)... but who needs nuance when you have God and The Truth ;-)

There are a few other interpretations as well about when the angels took the big fall.

Cain

Interesting.  Probably due to my CoE upbringing and the influence of Milton, it was always strongly intuited, if not directly said, that the War in Heaven took place before the Garden of Eden and The Fall.  I suspect this had more to do with general embarassment over the existence of the Book of Revelation than anything else.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cain on December 30, 2008, 04:12:27 PM
Interesting.  Probably due to my CoE upbringing and the influence of Milton, it was always strongly intuited, if not directly said, that the War in Heaven took place before the Garden of Eden and The Fall.  I suspect this had more to do with general embarassment over the existence of the Book of Revelation than anything else.

That's interesting, I had never heard that interpretation before.

Well, what can one expect from the "Cake or Death" crowd? ;-)

Cain

The CoE is basically the Catholics without alcohol or the crazy, so their beliefs are pretty similar.  I think the consensus was that Ezekiel 28:12-19 and Isaiah 14:12-14 were about Satan's Fall, and that the war was all over before the end of page one, but hidden behind the scenes.

Of course, this stuffs up the passage in Revelation no end, but Revelation is also full of crazy and never made sense anyway, so it changes little.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cain on December 30, 2008, 05:00:04 PM
The CoE is basically the Catholics without alcohol or the crazy, so their beliefs are pretty similar.  I think the consensus was that Ezekiel 28:12-19 and Isaiah 14:12-14 were about Satan's Fall, and that the war was all over before the end of page one, but hidden behind the scenes.

Of course, this stuffs up the passage in Revelation no end, but Revelation THE ENTIRE BOOK is also full of crazy and never made sense anyway, so it changes little.

Fixed that for ya ;-)

LMNO

BIBLE IZ TRU WERD OF GAWD!
  \
:mullet:

Cain

The truth revealed...god is that crazy guy on the corner who mumbles to himself about MI6 beaming radio messages into his head and the Queen being a shapeshifting reptilian monster.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Cain on December 30, 2008, 05:00:04 PM
The problem with their interpretation of those verses in Isaiah is the fact that they completely ignore verses three and four of the same chapter:

Quote3 On the day the LORD gives you relief from suffering and turmoil and cruel bondage, 4 you will take up this taunt against the king of Babylon:
       How the oppressor has come to an end!
       How his fury has ended! 

The passage isn't about Satan or angels or demons or a heavenly war. It's about Isaiah waving his private parts at the oppressive royalty.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

DORADA

the theme wasn`t about the bible interpretation. Is about do you think, only one answer the god is crazy woman is only one discordian in thjis web?
the catolics  dont appreciate woman because  they  form to childs and  her influence is important
:kingmeh:

LMNO

Dorada, you sort of have to prove God exists before you can determine if said God falls into a clear Earth Prime terran biological primate primary sexual characteristic state.

Ther reasons you're getting the answers you're getting is because:

1) You asked a Discordian forum, and

2) Your premise is flawed.

Eve

LOL I'M GOD EH
                          \
Emotionally crippled narcissist.