News:

Endorsement: "I could go so far as to say they simply use Discordianism as a mechanism for causing havoc, and an excuse for mischief."

Main Menu

WTF is Nigel eating

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, January 01, 2009, 10:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My contribution to the Discordian recipe threads.

Right now I'm having rockfish in spicy tomato sauce.

Step 1:

Get a bunch of tomatoes, onions, garlic, and jalapenos
Simmer them for hours, can them for later

Step 2:

Get some rockfish
Simmer it in that tomato stuff, with some salt

Remove fish, reduce sauce

Serve over rice.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

WHISKEY CAKE

Combine:
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup cocoa powder

Cream together:
1 stick butter
1 cup sugar

Add to butter/sugar mixture:
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 TBSP whiskey

Combine butter mixture with cocoa mixture.

Sift together:
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Beat dry ingredients into wet ingredients in 3 parts, along with:

1/2 cup buttermilk (Yes, another one.)

Grease and sugar an 8x11 cake pan, pour in batter.
Bake in preheated oven at 350 for 45 minutes.

NOW,

Combine in saucepan over low heat:
1 can condensed milk
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup whiskey

Stir until melted.

Remove cake from oven and, while hot, evenly drizzle over it:

1 cup whiskey

Let cool.

Pour glaze over cake. Let soak for at least 2 hours. The glaze will almost entirely sink into the cake.

Eat.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dysnomia

ZOMG I WANT THAT CAKE IN MY MOUTH NOW

It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It was pretty fucking excellent.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Last night I made bratwurst and sauerkraut, which is more or less self-explanatory, except that I browned the brats in a bit of bacon grease, then deglazed with red wine, added a bit of water, covered and simmered until the brats were done, THEN added the sauerkraut to heat up. It was perfect.

Served with some buttered mashed potatoes and a spoonful of brown sugar on the sauerkraut.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh, and then today I simmered some cabbage in the leftover sauerkraut juice, and ate it with leftover sausage.

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

LMNO

Grey, shapeless, slimy, kind of stinks?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I went to the store today, and some cooked shrimp caught my eye. Thinking I already had cocktail sauce, I went ahead and bought them.

Turns out, no cocktail sauce. :(

It also turns out that mixing taco sauce, ketchup, and sriracha is NOT an acceptable substitute.

In the end, I browned a bit of garlic and onion in olive oil, threw in some broccoli, a pinch of salt, a bit of basil, a teaspoon of lemon juice, and a couple of tablespoons of water, covered it and let the broccoli steam for a couple of minutes, then added the shrimp for long enough to heat up. Tastay!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Next time, if I stop being lazy, I will take pictures so I can be just like RWHN.

BADGE OF HONOR

Quote from: Primrose on January 07, 2009, 01:46:38 AM
I went to the store today, and some cooked shrimp caught my eye. Thinking I already had cocktail sauce, I went ahead and bought them.

Turns out, no cocktail sauce. :(

It also turns out that mixing taco sauce, ketchup, and sriracha is NOT an acceptable substitute.

In the end, I browned a bit of garlic and onion in olive oil, threw in some broccoli, a pinch of salt, a bit of basil, a teaspoon of lemon juice, and a couple of tablespoons of water, covered it and let the broccoli steam for a couple of minutes, then added the shrimp for long enough to heat up. Tastay!

But...I've seen your vast collection of condiments... :sadbanana:
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".