News:

Endorsement from MysticWicks: "The most fatuous, manipulative, and venomous people to be found here are all of the discordian genre."

Main Menu

Israeli ground forces to enter Gaza

Started by Ari, January 03, 2009, 08:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Cain

Oh what a surprise, Israel ended the assault 48 hours before Obama is to assume office.  I am shocked, SHOCKED at this outcome.

If Hamas are smart, they'll try and extend the fighting beyond the 20th, and claim Israel broke the ceasefire.  Forcing Obama's hand could have interesting and unforseen outcomes (not least since the US military recently urged dialogue with Hamas, and Obama is not entirely immune to reason), and quite frankly Hamas could do with anything that confuses and reshapes the situation.  It can hardly get much worse, after all.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Ratatosk on January 13, 2009, 06:00:22 PM
Quote from: The Iron Lung on January 13, 2009, 05:56:24 PM
Quote from: Malachite on January 13, 2009, 05:51:29 PM
Quote from: The Iron Lung on January 13, 2009, 05:49:12 PM
I don't hate Jews. I just believe that the nation of israel was created illegally. Having people leave their own land against their will to create a new nation is immoral.

So what would you have done about it? Dissolve the state of Israel and force the jews off the land against their will?

Fucking nazi.

Israel is an occupying force in the middle east, the real reason they were given the land was the biblical significance of it. There is no historical evidence to claim that the jews were the original inhabitants of that land.

So what has been done is forcing the Palestinians off land which has been in their families for many generations, to create a nation which today has only existed for not even a century.
Quote from: Fomenter on January 13, 2009, 05:55:31 PM
Quote from: The Iron Lung on January 13, 2009, 05:49:12 PM

I don't hate Jews. I just believe that the nation of israel was created illegally. Having people leave their own land against their will to create a new nation is immoral.

the Puritan settlers created america illegally,  go home immoral britspag

Agreed. The United States of America, Australia and Israel are three examples of countries which should not actually exist.

Right, but thats done... Israel is not an Occupying Force... its a fuckin Country. Maybe one that shouldn't have been created, I won't argue... but that's horse has left the line, finished the race, grew old, got put out for stud and is currently being eaten by Joey the first grader for a late afternoon Elmer's cream snack.

NOW, the issue is Israel exists and Palestine exists... and they are gonna have to learn to play nice together. Shooting rockets at your neighbor is not nice. Half-starving your neighbor and cutting them off from the rest of the world is also not nice.

Care to join us in the 21st century?

I disagree. Britain occupied India for far longer than Israel has occupied Palestine, and yet it was still recognized as an occupation.

Australia and the Americas can really only said to be different in that the native populations were conquered via genocide, and it's too late to un-conquer them. If Israel had simply committed genocide on the Arab former occupants, what they think of the occupation would be a moot point now. It seems that Israel would very much LIKE to commit genocide in order to secure its territory, but allowing that is unthinkable. Moving the population of Israel is also unthinkable. The RIGHT thing to do IMO would be to dissolve the government of Israel and give the land back to Palestine, and peacefully integrate the Jewish and Arab populations... and yet, I think we already know that a peacefully integrated population is not going to happen.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Also, you people with the "THAT WAS ANCIENT HISTORY, IT WAS LIKE 60 YEARS AGO, JOIN THE 21st CENTURY WILLYA" attitudes...

...by that "logic", all of the Nazis who were prosecuted for war crimes decades after the fact should have simply been left alone to live their lives... after all, that was like 60 years ago! Get with the times!

Jesus fuck. Sometimes you people make me sick in the lengths you will go to to insult/humiliate someone you've picked as a target. At least keep your fucking brains on you while you're doing it. You have to be cognizant of the fact that a lot of people who were forced out of their homes when they were young are still alive, and completely justified in still being angry about it, as well as passing that anger on to their kids and grandkids. You can't just ignore that because "it was a long time ago".

Are you going to call me a Nazi Jew-Hater now? How about the fact that I basically said the same thing that Iron Lung said, a few days before he did?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

fomenter

at one point i thought that letting israel keep the high ground the military/strategic land and giving back the rest was a solution but with missile attacks and other asymmetrical warfare this doesn't seem to be as workable a solution.. not sure what the best way out is :?
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Messier Undertree

I have nothing against you Nigel, but in this case, I'll have to ask you to shut the fuck up already.

You just gave a two post reply about how offended you are to people you knew were trolling.

How can you seriously be offended by me calling someone a racist nazi communist libertarian (in that order)?

What I say while trolling has nothing to do with what I actually believe, and you should know that by now. You've been on the internet for long enough.

Messier Undertree

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Malachite on January 18, 2009, 05:19:04 PM
I have nothing against you Nigel, but in this case, I'll have to ask you to shut the fuck up already.

You just gave a two post reply about how offended you are to people you knew were trolling.

How can you seriously be offended by me calling someone a racist nazi communist libertarian (in that order)?

What I say while trolling has nothing to do with what I actually believe, and you should know that by now. You've been on the internet for long enough.

I didn't say I was offended, fucktard, I said you were stupid.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

To recap:
Quote from: Nigel on January 18, 2009, 04:56:33 PMSometimes you people make me sick in the lengths you will go to to insult/humiliate someone you've picked as a target. At least keep your fucking brains on you while you're doing it.

And quit shitting up a perfectly interesting, intelligent thread with your trolling, dickface.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'll have to ask you to shut the fuck up already.

shut the fuck up already.

Jihad, motherfucker.

I just had to deal with my exes and I was looking for someone to take it out on. Looks like I found them. :lulz: Enjoy  the rest of your week, as much as I'm SURE I'll enjoy mine.

Messier Undertree

LMNO

Nigel, the way I saw these two threads was that Cain's was a discussion of the tremendously unbalanced and ham-handedly political exchange of violence between Israel and Hamas, where the majority opinion was sympathetic to the Palestinian civilians, and the other one was a troll thread where we flipped the script on him and made accusations of anti-semitism.

Basically, we took opposite viewpoints just to fuck with the guy.  Hope this helps!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on January 20, 2009, 01:37:16 PM
Nigel, the way I saw these two threads was that Cain's was a discussion of the tremendously unbalanced and ham-handedly political exchange of violence between Israel and Hamas, where the majority opinion was sympathetic to the Palestinian civilians, and the other one was a troll thread where we flipped the script on him and made accusations of anti-semitism.

Basically, we took opposite viewpoints just to fuck with the guy.  Hope this helps!

I do not care.