News:

PD.com: We occur at random among your children.

Main Menu

It was...chawklit beer!

Started by Cain, January 11, 2009, 12:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

OK, so maybe it wasn't.  But it should have been:

http://www.sapporobeer.jp/chocolatbrewery/

I'm not a massive fan of flavoured beers.  I want mine to taste of hops, battery acid and "retired" brewers who got too close to the vat.  But I'd certainly give this at least one try, for the novelty value.

Payne

I'd be willing to try it. But I'm pretty sure I would only drink half before I passed it on to someone else, and would never buy one again.

Raphaella

I'd give it a try as well. It looks like Guinness.
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Richter

I've had chocolate stout from a microbrewery over here. Not bad, very heavy / rich.
There's also "Heckofagood stout", or some such, which adds espresso flavors too. 

Nice to try, but as a novelty.  It's a bit busy for me to enjoy more than 1 pint of.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Raphaella

OOoohh that Espresso one sounds like it would be fun to try!!
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Triple Zero

flavoured beer = Kriek or GTFO. ( = often pinkish sour beer made with various kinds of red fruits)

about weird flavoured beers, in a Vienna beer brewery/restaurant called the Siebensternbräu (Seven Star Brewery) I had hemp beer, smoke beer, chili beer (and some others i forgot, there were 7 of course). The hemp beer was pretty okay, no you don't get stoned off it, but the flavour goes pretty well with the bright yellow pilsener-style beer it is. The smoke beer kinda had a bacony smoke flavour to it, which was odd. The chili beer tasted like regular yellow beer, except the capsaicin made your mouth burn pretty strong, which was novel, but not particularly enjoyable.
if you're ever in Vienna be sure to go there, though, their regular Pilsener is pretty damn good and their meals are of the reasonably priced and solid brick-in-your-stomach Schweinbraten mit Sauerkraut und Knödel type :) [the restaurant is located in the aptly-named Siebensterngasse (Seven Star Street)]
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Sir Squid Diddimus

this is very good.
it comes in a 750ml bottle and that's about all you can drink.
it's pretty heavy.

also: Rogue makes one that I haven't tried and

this one is o.k.

i was actually considering making a batch of beer with cinnamon, honey, habaneros and cocoa nibs.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That sounds yummy!

had a Nut Brown and a Scotch Ale this afternoon with lunch... first beer i've had in a while. Hic!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sir Squid Diddimus

awesome.
we have a batch of nut brown ale bottled right now.
should be ready by next week.

or the week after

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Cain on January 11, 2009, 12:13:06 PM
OK, so maybe it wasn't.  But it should have been:

http://www.sapporobeer.jp/chocolatbrewery/

I'm not a massive fan of flavoured beers.  I want mine to taste of hops, battery acid and "retired" brewers who got too close to the vat.  But I'd certainly give this at least one try, for the novelty value.

I'd try that if it wasn't Sapporo, which is the worst beer in the world IMO.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Jenne

I've had nut browns and chocolates before.  They're rich and heavy, but quite quaffable.  Just don't expect to have any sort of appetite afterward.  Meal unto themselves truly.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on January 12, 2009, 07:02:55 PM

I'd try that if it wasn't Sapporo, which is the worst beer in the world IMO.

Sapporo is such a good match for sushi, though!

Not as good as Kirin, but good, in much the same way Budweiser is good with ribs, and Pabst is good with frat boys.

Goddamn, now I want sushi and frat boys. :(
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sir Squid Diddimus

best beer for sushi

it has crystalized ginger in it.
it kinda tastes like a mix of ginger, wooden chopsticks and fresh dead fish.
it's weird.

Iason Ouabache

I've had the Young's Double Chocolate Stout that Squidy linked to.  I liked it, but wouldn't drink it on a regular basis.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Jenne

Quote from: Squid-diddle on January 13, 2009, 06:40:52 AM
best beer for sushi

it has crystalized ginger in it.
it kinda tastes like a mix of ginger, wooden chopsticks and fresh dead fish.
it's weird.

"fresh dead fish"?  Sounds a bit oxymoro, but I take your meaning...esp if it's "teh best" for sushi...I like beer rather than sake with sushi anyway.