News:

You have [3] new messages in your inbox

Main Menu

TV tropes

Started by Cain, January 11, 2009, 11:21:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

This site is great.  To quote from the main page

QuoteTropes are devices and conventions that a writer can reasonably rely on as being present in the audience members' minds and expectations. On the whole, tropes are not clichés. The word clichéd means "stereotyped and trite". In other words, dull and uninteresting. We are not looking for dull and uninteresting entries. We are here to recognize tropes and play with them, not to make fun of them.

The wiki is called "TV Tropes" because that is where we started. Over the course of a few years, our scope has crept out to include other media. Tropes transcend television. They exist in life, as we will be quick to tell you. Since a lot of art, especially the popular arts, does its best to reflect life, tropes are likely to show up everywhere. We want 'em all.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HomePage

Payne

There's some good shit on there.

I'll have to look into it more later.

Cain

AFK

Also, whoever is in charge of that site is a huge LOST fan. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cain

Good for them.  That makes me like them even more.

Also, their breakdown of Trickster personality types is amazing.

Nast

I too have been loving that site ever since I found out about it a couple of months ago.
It truly is an awesome guide to the cliches and memes that make up pop culture.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Requia ☣

That site is evil, and made of wikicrack, do not visit if you value your time.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.