News:

Oceana has always been at war with Iraq

Main Menu

Limerick Disclaimer for each new version of the PD

Started by Harlequin, January 13, 2009, 10:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harlequin

As Regret and I discussed on IRC, the continuing annoyance of Discordian new-comers mindlessly repeating tired old meme's in an attempt to be funny or to 'fit in' needs to be stopped. Given that they are getting these meme's from the PD, we thought it wise that every new version of the PD released should carry this small disclaimer at the beginning. We composed it in the form of a limerick, so that it can be matched to a catchy tune or sung in a silken voice at a whim. It goes as such:

"There once was a girl who was bored
She decided to try out discord
And quoth her each meme
Even ones that were lame
Until we brutally stabbed her multiple times in the chest for being so annoying, breaking both her major arteries as well as her poem's rhythm. Fnord."

We thank you.
After all, wasn't it Oscar Wilde who was arrested for sodomy? Sorry, I'm not quite sure why I said that...

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

LMNO

Payne

QuoteThere once was a girl who was bored
Her memes, they were lame
But she found instant fame
When we brutally stabbed her multiple times in the chest for being so annoying, breaking multiple major arteries as well as her poem's rhythm. Fnord.

My version

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

There once was a girl, quite bored
whom everyone always ignored
She thought she broke free
When she found the PD
But she showed up here and we treated her like crap, because her real problem was that she was an uncreative twit, which is why most people ignored her to begin with,
because you can't fix lame with FNORD.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Harlequin

Quote from: Payne on January 14, 2009, 01:29:45 PM
When we brutally stabbed her multiple times in the chest for being so annoying, breaking multiple major arteries as well as her poem's rhythm. Fnord.

My version

Quite possibly the better version. Mittens to you, good sir. Now to get this in print...
After all, wasn't it Oscar Wilde who was arrested for sodomy? Sorry, I'm not quite sure why I said that...

drjon

_@/"

My version

The Snail of Enlightenment Approves
--><--
Eris Broke my Hot Rod
The Appendix Discordia:
- The Semi-Official Quasi-Clandestine Bavarian Illuminati/Discordian Archives
- How The West Was Lost (Principia Discordia - The 1st Edition)
- The Apocrypha Discordia

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Reginald Ret

My version

I think this version loses some clarity about the repition of old memes. Not bad though.

Quote from: Ratatosk on January 14, 2009, 02:27:50 PM
whom everyone always ignored
She thought she broke free
When she found the PD
But she showed up here and we treated her like crap, because her real problem was that she was an uncreative twit, which is why most people ignored her to begin with,
because you can't fix lame with FNORD.

Also pretty cool, but the same loss of message.

"There once was a girl, quite bored
And quoth her each meme
Even ones that lacked awesome-cream
Until we brutally stabbed her multiple times in the chest for being so annoying, breaking both her major arteries as well as her poem's rhythm. Fnord."

how about that one?
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Telarus

Quote from: Regret on January 23, 2009, 09:24:05 PM

"There once was a girl, quite bored
And quoth her each meme
Even ones that lacked awesome-cream
So full of fail, we did scream
Until we brutally stabbed her multiple times in the chest for being so annoying
Breaking both her major arteries as well as her poem's rhythm. Fnord."

how about that one?
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Reginald Ret

Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

LMNO

It turned out to be IANAR,
So we just kind of ignored her until she went away.