News:

It's a bad decade to be bipedal, soft and unarmed.

Main Menu

Recommend your favorite movies

Started by indigoblade, January 15, 2009, 02:56:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno

Formerly something else...

Nast

"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Sir Squid Diddimus

i can't think under this kind of pressure!!

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Bruno

Formerly something else...

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Brotep

The Sting
The Usual Suspects
Big Fish
Pan's Labyrinth
Burn After Reading
High Fidelity
Office Space
Evil Dead III: Army of Darkness

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Raphaella

The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

wade

I LIKED APOCALYPTO...

ALSO THIS  CANCELLED TV SERIES, SEASON ONE OF THE BLACK DONNELLY'S.  ITS GOOD STUFF.
REALLY real discordians

i wouldnt hurt a fly
:thumb: :kojak:

Triple Zero

Quote from: Anton on January 15, 2009, 08:55:04 AMThe Sting
The Usual Suspects
Big Fish
Pan's Labyrinth
Burn After Reading
High Fidelity
Office Space
Evil Dead III: Army of Darkness

well these are all awesome movies that I would have listed myself. except I didn't know "The Sting", so I'm getting that one now (from 1973, right?)

i should also really watch High Fidelity again some time.

some more additions:

The Big Lebowski, Totall Recall, Twelve Monkeys, Triple X, Blade, Pitch Black, Love Actually, Lord of War, Waking Life, Fight Club, Pulp Fiction, The Dark Knight, Rent a Friend, Phileine zegt sorry, Alles is Liefde, Kopps, They Live, uhhhhhhhh I'm out of ideas.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

AFK

Okay, serious additions:

I don't really watch a lot of movies myself.  I'm more into crime dramas (Criminal Minds and The Mentalist being my current faves)
Anyhoo, I'm probably as much of a LOTR geek as Suu is a Star Wars.  Love those movies.

Others:  Fargo, Death to Smoochy, Gladiator, The Shawshank Redemption, Natural Born Killers, and Titanic. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Messier Undertree

fomenter

western = the outlaw Jose wales + the life and times of judge Roy bean + barbarossa
vigilante = boondock saints
prison escape = cool hand Luke + the great escape
con = the sting + confidence
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp