News:

PD.com forums: a disorganized echo-chamber full of concordian, Greyfaced radical left-wing nutjobs who honestly believe they can take down imaginary Nazis by distributing flyers. They are highly-suspicious of all newcomers and hostile to almost everyone, including themselves. The only thing they don't take seriously is Discordianism.

Main Menu

Recommend your favorite movies

Started by indigoblade, January 15, 2009, 02:56:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau

fomenter

"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

indigoblade

This is a really good list of movies. Alot of good ones. And some of my fav.s been named before I could add them, but I'll get over it. I'll come back wit' a list later, hopefully yuo guy's don't get them all listed before I get back.

edit: just thought of one I am planning on watching today....Taxi,  hellz yeah
What?

the last yatto

stardust cause   Robert De Niro makes a pretty pirate
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

the last yatto

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on January 15, 2009, 05:54:58 AM
The Big Lebowski or GTFO!!!

i wanted the bowling ball collectors dvd for xmas but didnt get it  :x
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Elder Iptuous

sonne

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

VIDEODROME

Quote from: Faust on January 15, 2009, 09:06:14 PM
naked lunch

Obviously I like Cronenberg's stuff.  Dead Ringers, The Fly, The Dead Zone, and Videodrome.

I still have to see Eastern Promises.
The experiments will continue...    film at 11.

indigoblade

Just had two more come to mind. Feirehheit 451 and 1984 of course. Both classics. The time machine was alright too i guess. There is another one by Orsen Wells I can't think of at the moment, but oh well. It's the one where life above ground seems to be paradise while below ground it is revealed that slaves actualy keep everything running above ground. If anyone can think of the name of this movie please let me know. Thanx.

Edit: one more to add. The Jerk, deffinately a fav.
What?

Cramulus

Quote from: Malachite on January 15, 2009, 08:55:27 PM
Since I've posted enough troll responses, here are some serious (and possibly pretentious) additions, with IMDB links:

Hachigatsu no kyoushikyoku
Metropolis
Bin-jip
Brazil
Ben X
Oldboy
Land and Freedom
Trois couleurs: Bleu
Sekai no chuushin de, ai wo sakebu

Hell metropolis! I figured you'd have linked to the anime, but you successfully picked the 1927 one

:mittens:

sonne

Quote from: indigoblade on January 16, 2009, 02:18:42 AMThere is another one by Orsen Wells I can't think of at the moment, but oh well. It's the one where life above ground seems to be paradise while below ground it is revealed that slaves actualy keep everything running above ground. If anyone can think of the name of this movie please let me know. Thanx.

That's Metropolis by Fritz Lang.

PeregrineBF

Apocalypse Now.
Cool Hand Luke
Solaris

indigoblade

Quote from: sonne on January 16, 2009, 02:35:47 AM
Quote from: indigoblade on January 16, 2009, 02:18:42 AMThere is another one by Orsen Wells I can't think of at the moment, but oh well. It's the one where life above ground seems to be paradise while below ground it is revealed that slaves actualy keep everything running above ground. If anyone can think of the name of this movie please let me know. Thanx.

That's Metropolis by Fritz Lang.
Shit, thats right. Thanx.
What?

rong

movies i like that haven't already been listed (or were listed and i didn't see them):

being john malkovitch
adaptation
amazon women on the moon
shawn of the dead
airplane!
spaceballs
the naked gun series
full metal jacket
brazil
the forbidden zone
city of lost children
blade runner