News:

I know you said that you wouldn't tolerate excuses, but I have a real good one.

Main Menu

More on Wikipedia vs Discordia, and introducing a new character

Started by Cramulus, January 16, 2009, 03:06:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

I've been reading up on the strife engendered by the Discordian Works page, and I wanted to share some of what's been going on. Recently, I went over to 23ae and posted a notice about us winning the battle at the O:MF page. If you check out the comments, our buddy DrJon Swabey bristles against good old Rev Uncle BadTouch...

the first comment sets up the conflict:
Quote from: Not Necessarily Who I Claim To Be

Now what we need to do is get the Discordian Works article back where it should be. It listed a dozen Discordian works, until two editors who disapprove of anything post-Principia hacked it to pieces. It was a battle, but unfortunately one of the Mal-Contents was a SYSOP/ADMINISTRATOR.

right. sysops kill discordian works. we've been over this. that's about as much as I'd known about it

so DrJon kindly clarified for us:

Quote from: DrJonHis Scrambledness the Dev.RoktorJon - @Not Necessarily Who I Claim To Be: ...

And one of the two warring parties you mention wasn't a Fundamentalist Discordian at all, but was actually strongly associated with a rather loud and self-opinionated NeoDiscordianesque cabal, which has been embarking on a sockpuppet wikiturfing selfpromotional campaign for the last few years.

And the reason all of this happened was because the Fundamentalist Discordian was a sysop and got pissed off with the spaghead sockpuppets going on about stuff he didn't recognise as Discordian: for example, advocating Child Sex.

The stuff you talk about that gets "cut fast" has been almost purely the product of and promotion for that one NeoDiscordianesque cabal. It's been totally unrepresentative of and misrepresentative of Discordianism as a whole. And given how vastly weird and wonderful Discordianism is, that's saying something.

Myself, I've come to the opinion that the types of folks seeking Validation for their brand of NeoDiscordianesquism through recognition on Wikipedia are a good example of what I'd technically call "spagging wanksplats".

Which is not to say they shouldn't be applauded for their efforts to promote themselves, and not to say they're not a valid expression of NeoDiscordianesquism.

But it most certainly is to say that as far as I'm concerned, I'd rather not be used as cannon fodder in a wikiturf war, let alone have the only information about my work -- the writings of 40 years of Discordians -- be as a stepladder for someone else to go on about how spagging wonderful they are... let alone be insulted and abused by anonymous sockpuppets.

It most certainly is to say that as far as I'm concerned, such folks can go fuck themselves.

So it should be clear that DrJon is writing about Uncle BadTouch. Uncle BadTouch and Dr J go back and forth a bit, and Uncle BadTouch gave the PD forums a slight tip of the hat, sort of) is interesting in that it contains .  But what's interesting is that he links to the wikipedia admin's characterization of him...

http://shii.org/knows/Discordianism

Well I'll be damned! This wikipedia admin, shii, is a Discordian himself. And all along we thought he was some draconian grayface - but actually he's been trying to keep Uncle BadTouch's version of Discordia from presenting itself as a core part of Discordia.

Going through shii's site, he seems to be a total bad ass. Look at this: http://shii.org/knows/Freedom_From_Atheism - are we on the same page as him or what?
The guys' site is full of great stuff like that. Like http://shii.org/knows/Time

We should get him here, damnit.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Messier Undertree

I've talked to Shii a few times in 4-ch IRC and I can confirm that he is a pretty cool guy.

VIP quality even. One might go as far as to call him a VIP☆STAR.

Cramulus

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

the last yatto

wheres blackironprison?

ps Summa Universalia still has the Uncle BadTouch taint
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Cramulus

Quote from: YattoDobbs on January 16, 2009, 03:53:16 AM
Quote from: Cramulus on January 16, 2009, 03:06:53 AM

hes already here and laughing at our expense

clarify: do you mean that shii is already at this forum?

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Messier Undertree

Quote from: Cramulus on January 16, 2009, 03:55:30 AM
Quote from: YattoDobbs on January 16, 2009, 03:53:16 AM
Quote from: Cramulus on January 16, 2009, 03:06:53 AM

hes already here and laughing at our expense

clarify: do you mean that shii is already at this forum?

He definitely knows about this place already. I linked him to an argument I had with Uncle BadTouch a while ago.

And, being a Discordian, he probably already knew about this place before that.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Ratatosk on January 16, 2009, 04:12:21 AM
He also linked to it in the essay Nigel linked.

I found it.

Um, I would have sworn that link was not there this morning. WTF.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

OK, I don't feel like such an idiot. He registered today. :)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

And then I did my little happy dance and posted yet again.