News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

More on Wikipedia vs Discordia, and introducing a new character

Started by Cramulus, January 16, 2009, 03:06:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shii

Quote from: Cain on January 16, 2009, 06:12:29 PM
The worst thing is how the administration take such nasty comments, break them up into short, pithy sentences and them put them into the newsfeed in order to mock such criticisms.

8)
I recommend this quote for the newsfeed (it came from the follow-up):

"I could go so far as to say they simply use Discordianism as a mechanism for causing havoc, and an excuse for mischief. "

P.S. I'll get on IRC soon...

Fuquad

Quote from: Nigel on January 16, 2009, 08:54:07 PM
Quote from: Fuquad on January 16, 2009, 05:52:04 PM
Quote from: Nigel on January 16, 2009, 03:46:50 PM

Then go edit the Wikipedia article and cite your sources. Posting it here does nothing.
I was just thinking that I've seen accusations of sock puppetry surrounding Discordianism and that someone joining up to edit one post about an already disputed article might arouse suspicion towards the edit.

But what do I know?
I like Bubble Boy.

Yeah, but posting it here STILL DOES NOTHING.

And if your citation is valid, so what if one person signing up to make one edit arouses suspicion? So they'll check your source. I think they'd do that with anyone who made an edit, small or large.
I guess I'm joining wiki.
THE WORST FORUM ON THE INTERNET

Cain

Thats a good one, very quotable.  I like it.

I should probably throw up our MysticWicks endorsements as well....

Subtract Eight!

QuoteDear Shii,
I'd like to warn you that your recent interest in the forums located at the Principia Discordia website whilst understandable due to your interest in discordianism would be a very unwise move if you actually consider signing up and becoming active there.

Why is this? You might be asking yourself. Let's just say a man's reputation may be based upon the comany he keeps, and company such as the Discordians who frequent and even administrate that forum would drag your reputation lower the most horrid dregs of society.

They are relentless trolls, heartless egotists with absolutely no respect for anyone but themselves. They frequently troll forums and websites, release personal information about people, stalk and harras others.

Just take a look at the Operation Mindfuck section of the website if you don't believe me.

So I shall repeat myself, I would highly suggest that you steer clear of this website at all costs and disconnect yourself from all affiliation with those involved.

Take care Shii,
whattt ive been here over 3 years... i didnt even know you guys were like that
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   I\'ve subracted eight from tons of things.<br /><br />CANNA NUCCA GET A NAME CHANGE HURRR

East Coast Hustle

Hi Shii. Welcome to our sordid little den of iniquity. Anyone who think Uncle BadTouch is a total douchebag starts off with points in my book.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cramulus

I went back today to re-read Shii's paragraph  "Discordia is not fruitbat neo-paganism"
and found a pleasant surprise.

He's updated http://shii.org/knows/Discordianism,
added a link to StMae's rutabaga page under the heading "Discordianism is not the Penguin of Doom"
and added this line to conclude his battle with Uncle BadTouch:

"Since then I have happily learned of the existence of a forum at http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/ where the Gospel is treated properly, torn up and abused, etc. "

:lulz:

Idiot

Generally it's regarded that anything which contradicts Wikipedia is completely wrong.

drjon

Irony upon irony, that Fundamentalist Discordian.

He's still a spag, though (just as much as the object of his distraction), and worse, he's a willfully ignorant spag.

But a willfully ignorant spag with potential ;}P>

(Comment Unrelated: No-one speaks for me, but me.)
--><--
Eris Broke my Hot Rod
The Appendix Discordia:
- The Semi-Official Quasi-Clandestine Bavarian Illuminati/Discordian Archives
- How The West Was Lost (Principia Discordia - The 1st Edition)
- The Apocrypha Discordia