News:

Your political affiliations, your brand loyalties, and your opinions are all quicker, easier, and contain no user-serviceable parts.

Main Menu

Hoopla Podcasts

Started by hooplala, January 16, 2009, 03:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

Yes, I tend to look terminally bored, yes I am bloated, and YES I have bad teeth... if you can get beyond all that, please view my first rambling podcast:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAVM_nY5QJs

They will improve.  I hope.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hooplala

Thanks Nigel.

I can show off my bacon wallet in a future podcast if it will keep those compliments coming...

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: BAWHEED on January 16, 2009, 05:16:45 PM
Thanks Nigel.

I can show off my bacon wallet in a future podcast if it will keep those compliments coming...

:lmnuendo:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

:mittens:

Keep 'em coming, Hoops/Bawheed. I haven't had the guts to really dive into making my own video production(s) yet.

Also, nice Sacred Chao pendant. :wink:

hooplala

Quote from: Cainad on January 16, 2009, 06:04:41 PM
:mittens:

Keep 'em coming, Hoops/Bawheed. I haven't had the guts to really dive into making my own video production(s) yet.

Also, nice Sacred Chao pendant. :wink:

Gotta show them I am a SRS DISCORDIAN.  Or else IANAR would come after me.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Jenne

Ooooooh!  Thanks, Hoops.  When's ya gonna change your peedee name back, anyway?

Payne

As soon as he does, I start bitching at him. So he can't.

Jenne

Also, you don't sound bored but tired.  And you lave long eyelashes and very pretty eyes--couldn't really see the teefs.

Also also:  Vincent Verthaine, IIRC, sees Eris as a true deity in his life.

Jenne

Quote from: Payne on January 16, 2009, 08:15:40 PM
As soon as he does, I start bitching at him. So he can't.

Awwww.  I miss seeing "Hoopla" though--such a great name.  Sigh.

LMNO

Quote from: Jenne on January 16, 2009, 08:16:05 PM
Also, you don't sound bored but tired.  And you lave long eyelashes and very pretty eyes--couldn't really see the teefs.

Yeah, but Vince is a multi-dimensional badass.

hooplala

Also, you don't sound bored but tired.

I was tired.  It probably is a good idea to do them earlier.  Plus, my wife was in the other room and I was self conscious about being heard... I think I will do future ones while alone.

And you lave long eyelashes and very pretty eyes
:oops:

Good point, I forgot about Verthaine.  He would be perfect for podcasts I would imagine.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Jenne

Troof.  To both of yas.

Triple Zero

I like it a lot Hoopla!

I agree with p3nt, you do look kinda bored. I dunno how out-of-character it would be for you, but I'm reminded of TGRR's saying (or perhaps it's SubGenius dogma) "too much is nearly always better than not enough!". Better to appear overly enthousiastic, hyped, in rage, full of hate, spirited or whatever high-energy state, than not enough so. Remember, you're on camera, doing a performance, it's perfectly allright to overdo it a littlebit and perhaps get into a character somewhat. What would a BARON do? :)

Apart from that, I was a bit freaked out when you said "you're watching this right now, sitting in Chaos" -- HOW DID YOU KNOW??? :?

That's when I paused the vid to post this, I will now watch the rest :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Triple Zero

Oh, another thing, I saw Cramulus do in his Diabetics rant, at least I think he did it like that. Just record a much longer video than you actually publish. Redo bits of your speech a few times if you don't like it, or just wanna try out different ways of expressing it. Record everything, then cut out the duplicate bits and stuff you don't like. Make sure you have a second or so pause when starting another take, so you can use this "empty" video space to control the pacing a littlebit, if you cut it properly, the cuts won't seem unnatural. Maybe move to a different pose to signify there's been a cut, so you don't see just your mouth shift suddenly.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.