News:

If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.

Main Menu

Burgers!

Started by Raphaella, January 19, 2009, 11:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raphaella

So when I ask my boyfriend, "What would you like eat tonight?" He always asks for hamburgers! I like them OK but seriously, I'm getting sick hamburger meat in general. But I went and made him some burgers with Sun dried tomatoes, onions, garlic and mushrooms in them. They were pretty good.

I would like to know how everyone else makes the perfect burger. So please if you have any freaken awesome burger recipes please share. Thanks! 
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Sir Squid Diddimus

i like to line a cookie sheet with saran wrap and spread out a thin layer of meat
then put little piles of blue cheese on and fold the meat over to make a cheese pocket then grill it.

also add lipton onion soup mix when in a pinch

that's all i can think of atm

and your shit looked good. i'm a sucker for a good burger

indigoblade

You can take my perfect burger recipe from my cold, dead hands! :argh!:
What?

trippinprincezz13

Stuff with diced jalepenos and grated sharp cheddar.

Coat outside with: Cherizio seasoning, char bbq, hickory, garlic peppercorn, whatever we have around and feel like

Bacon if we have it.

Onions if we feel like.

And if you haven't had enough cheese yet, a slice of american or cheddar on top.

At different points in time, I've thrown in all kinds of things: worcestershire, soy sauce, horseradish/spicy brown mustard, lipton onion soup mix, cayenne, steakhouse/cajun seasoning, bbq sauce, etc. (yea, my all kinds of things list is kinda basic, but I don't remember what I have in my cabinets/have thrown in).

Main thing is not to overload it with seasonings. Just a bit for flavor but not so much you can't taste the meat.
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

AFK

If you are tired of beef hamburgers, try making them with ground turkey instead.  That's what we use for burgers and they're pretty good.  My wife adds some spices to them but I have no idea which ones. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Triple Zero

there should also be egg in burgers right, to make them somewhat more firm? cause I think I missed that last time and they kinda fell apart, a littlebit.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

trippinprincezz13

I don't use egg. Comes out to meatball/meatloafy that way. Something about it, I dunno, I never use it and I've never had a problem. Sometimes I throw in a tiny bit of breadcrumbs. Whatever liquidish thing I throw in for seasoning (usually worcestershire) holds it together ok.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Raphaella

Thanks for your recommendations! I really wish I had a grill  :| Burgers are not the same in a pan. Thanks for mentioning the egg thing. My dad always used an egg in the meat and I have been doing that for years and you are right it makes it kinda meatloafy.
I'll have to try the cheese pocket thing but I'll have to be careful cause my LMNO inspired cheese pocket meatloaf turned out like poo.
I would try ground turkey except when I was growing up my mother was always on a diet and ground turkeyd us to death!! But Jalapenos sounds goood, perhaps some fresh salsa in the burgers?   
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

trippinprincezz13

Not sure how you did LMNO's meatloaf, but when I do the stuffing just make two separate small patties, jalepenos/cheddar/whatever in the center of one, press down the other on top and meld them together best you can.  Occassionally, depending on thickness of patties, amount of stuffing, etc., I've had some leak out, but for the most part it sticks together.

Or, if I'm feeling lazy, I'll just mix the diced jalepenos and cheddar right into the burger and cook it up that way.

I used to occassionally use eggs, usually not. Then one day my boyfriend was like WTF, eggs? and brought up the meatloaf point so I haven't used them in burgers.

The fresh salsa sounds like it could be good too (speaking of which, I have the ingredients at home to make it since I've been craving it lately).

Grills are a beautiful thing. We have a mini one on our balcony.  Unfortunately, the cold, plus the snow partially burying it discourage me from using it during the winter. As soon as it starts warming up again though...

Raphaella

Oh for the meatloaf I used the wrong cheese, and not only did it partially leak out it saturated the whole thing in a sea of grease! LMNO used 2 small pans and made 2 little meatloafs; I used one big pan. I think I over stuffed it with cheese as well.

Next time I cook burgers I'll try the cheese pocket idea again, I'll never get any better at it unless I keep trying right?

I wonder how cilantro would taste with burgers? I love cilantro.   

Triple Zero

if you're thinking of the fresh leaves, better add them in the bun, after you baked the burger. they're fragile things.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Requia ☣

I usually mix the burger meat wit a red pepper & garlic paste.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Thanks, guys, now I want a burger

or a steak sandwich with tomato and caesar dressing.

FUCK!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."