News:

Endorsement:  I know that all of you fucking discordians are just a bunch of haters who seem to do anything you can to distance yourself from fucking anarchists which is just fine and dandy sit in your house on your computer and type inane shite all day until your fingers fall off.

Main Menu

...and in the end, he had to be wheeled out.

Started by AFK, January 20, 2009, 06:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Obecalp on January 24, 2009, 06:24:51 PM
Cheney also looked almost like FDR except more evil and slightly more East-European-Dictator-Reviewing-The-Troopsish

I was thinking JP Morgan mixed with Captain Pike.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Kai

Nahh, he looks like Potter from Its a Wonderful Life.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

AFK

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 24, 2009, 06:23:08 PM
I just showed this to my father, and he about had a seizure, he was laughing so hard.

He says RWHN should be a syndicated columnist, as this sort of verbal flogging is wasted on the internet.

I am emailing it to The Terrible Old Man (ie, my ancient, perverse, and warped grandfather) on my father's suggestion.

I'd submit it to some of the local rags but I know damn well they'll never print it. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

AFK

And you know, the more I think about it, the more surreal that whole Inauguration was.  There was just so much shit going around between Cheney hunched over in that chair, Bush looking like he's rather be making out with Michael Moore than being there, to Roberts butchering the Oath of Office.  Oh and fucking Rick Warren, what the hell was Obama thinking having that stooge on the stage?  And maybe that's why he avoided turning his inauguration into "I Have a Dream part Deux", he recognized that he would be surrounded by so much mediocrity and weirdness, that it just would've made the whole thing look wrong. 

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: R.W.H.N. on January 25, 2009, 03:38:02 PM
And you know, the more I think about it, the more surreal that whole Inauguration was.  There was just so much shit going around between Cheney hunched over in that chair, Bush looking like he's rather be making out with Michael Moore than being there, to Roberts butchering the Oath of Office.  Oh and fucking Rick Warren, what the hell was Obama thinking having that stooge on the stage?  And maybe that's why he avoided turning his inauguration into "I Have a Dream part Deux", he recognized that he would be surrounded by so much mediocrity and weirdness, that it just would've made the whole thing look wrong. 

Fuckin' A right.  I just spoke to my cousin Mia, who looks after The Terrible Old Man, and she said that he cackled like a loon through the inauguration, and then again upon reading your post.  He's very amused by the entire thing...especially the Cheney thing (he refers to Cheney as "that peckerwood kid").
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Jenne

I like your grandpa, Rog!  :D

RWHN, RIGHT on the MONEY, dude.  And the Potter comparison is too.

Jasper

How did I miss this thread?

This is brilliant!

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on January 20, 2009, 06:19:04 PM
I think with all of the hoopla, pomp, and circumstance of today's Inauguration, perhaps the greatest symbol of the ceremonies was Dick Cheney in that wheel chair.  The images of he and George W. Bush entering the grandstand.  Bush, standing, but with a look of heavy and cumbersome relief that his end is finally nigh.  Cheney, hunched in that wheel chair, like a decrepit, Igor being wheeled to justice.  The clear disdain etched on his face for having to exist in that moment and in that capacity. 

They are announced to the crowds and the boos, chants, and jeers did start.  And it was to be expected.  One cannot face the end of oppressive mediocrity and not be overtaken by the need to give voice to the emotions and feelings inside.  George W. Bush is seated, Dick Cheney wheeled to his spot to witness history.  And his spot was behind a clear, fiberglass partition.  Yet another poignant metaphor of what the rest of his miserable life will be.  Hiding from history.  Hoping he dies peacefully in his sleep and not by the bullet of an enraged widow of a Gulf War vet. 

His disposition at this moment in time so very apropos.  A symbol, that in the end, not even he, Dick Cheney could escape this administration unharmed.  He was foiled by the simple act of lifting a box that inevitably contained some piece of his past 8 years.  It is fitting to see that not even he, can be untouched by the weight and burden of what he, and his friend George W. Bush, had created.

Bump.  This is the kind of thread that should be bumped, if anything has to be ressurrected.

Just saying.
Molon Lube

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on January 20, 2009, 06:19:04 PM
I think with all of the hoopla, pomp, and circumstance of today's Inauguration, perhaps the greatest symbol of the ceremonies was Dick Cheney in that wheel chair.  The images of he and George W. Bush entering the grandstand.  Bush, standing, but with a look of heavy and cumbersome relief that his end is finally nigh.  Cheney, hunched in that wheel chair, like a decrepit, Igor being wheeled to justice.  The clear disdain etched on his face for having to exist in that moment and in that capacity. 

They are announced to the crowds and the boos, chants, and jeers did start.  And it was to be expected.  One cannot face the end of oppressive mediocrity and not be overtaken by the need to give voice to the emotions and feelings inside.  George W. Bush is seated, Dick Cheney wheeled to his spot to witness history.  And his spot was behind a clear, fiberglass partition.  Yet another poignant metaphor of what the rest of his miserable life will be.  Hiding from history.  Hoping he dies peacefully in his sleep and not by the bullet of an enraged widow of a Gulf War vet. 

His disposition at this moment in time so very apropos.  A symbol, that in the end, not even he, Dick Cheney could escape this administration unharmed.  He was foiled by the simple act of lifting a box that inevitably contained some piece of his past 8 years.  It is fitting to see that not even he, can be untouched by the weight and burden of what he, and his friend George W. Bush, had created.

:mittens:
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

AFK

Yeah, that one wasn't too shabby.

Too bad the ensuing administration has been so  :kingmeh:

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 18, 2010, 06:41:33 PM

What were you expecting?  Really?
Molon Lube

AFK

I certainly wasn't looking for all the big Hopey Changey stuff.  But I was hoping for at least a small morsel of it.  And I knew the Democrats were eventually going to fold like a cheap table after they got their big majority, but damn, I didn't expect it to fold, ferment, and then catch on fire. 

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 18, 2010, 06:51:17 PM
I certainly wasn't looking for all the big Hopey Changey stuff.  But I was hoping for at least a small morsel of it.  And I knew the Democrats were eventually going to fold like a cheap table after they got their big majority, but damn, I didn't expect it to fold, ferment, and then catch on fire. 

I was pretty certain that some things are now written in stone (NCLB, DHS, etc), and if they weren't going to change, then nothing else Obama does makes any difference at all.
Molon Lube

Prince Glittersnatch III

Dont count Obama out yet.
He still has two years to magically fix all of our problems.
And dont count the Dems out either, Texas could always secede.  
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Kingderp on August 18, 2010, 06:54:07 PM

Dont count Obama out yet.
He still has two years to magically fix all of our problems.
And dont count the Dems out either, Texas could always secede.  

I've been looking over the constitution, and unfortunately, there's no way to evict Texas.
Molon Lube