News:

News:  0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765 10946 17711 28657, motherfuckers.

Main Menu

lecture doodling

Started by whatc, January 28, 2009, 04:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatc

For failing to write an analysis for art history course last year, I have to sit through the course again. Which I actually enjoy very much but I also can share some attention for my sketchbook:

Suu

Nice pen work! I love visible line work in pencil or ink. It shows the artist really busted his/her ass on the piece (granted in this case, a doodle) and didn't use a computer to cheat.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Richter

I like.  I have allot of fun with meandering, curving doodles, but the depth, perspective, and organic feel to this is impressive.

Did you have any overall idea going into this, or did it just develop as you went? 
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

whatc

Thanks. This is pretty much improvised, random lines here and there and it just grows into something. Usually it is some sort of techno/organic thing. I'm thinking I should do some bigger work with pens(i mostly paint now), Little more ass busting :D

Suu

It does look very organic, like a banyan tree actually.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Richter

I saw a heaving mass of fatty, cancerous intestine, slowly being twisted by the tumors into ungenderfied sex organs.

I've got to stop reading Lovecraft and Barlow.
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

LMNO

Quote from: Richter on January 28, 2009, 07:50:11 PM
I saw a heaving mass of fatty, cancerous intestine, slowly being twisted by the tumors into ungenderfied sex organs.

:fap::fap::fap::fap:
:fap::fap::fap:
:fap::fap:
:fap:
:fap:

AFK

Looks like the resulting spawn of a mating between Cthulu and Admiral Ackbar. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Richter

whatc

Well the influence exists. Dont know Barlow though. Slightly failed but allright:

Raphaella

:awesome: I like it! I wish I could draw too. Really neat doodling, it dose kinda remind me of a brain, or tentacle monster of some sort.
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Triple Zero

Quote from: Suu on January 28, 2009, 05:38:29 PM
Nice pen work! I love visible line work in pencil or ink. It shows the artist really busted his/her ass on the piece (granted in this case, a doodle) and didn't use a computer to cheat.

why's using a computer cheating?

i often use both for my cartoons. why not, I can get a lot of editing and nice effects done.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.