CRAZY PREPARED

Started by Richter, January 23, 2009, 08:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the last yatto

potato batteries, how and how many would you need to have radio output

other useful things for potatos...
easy grow methods?

can you cook things in the sun with tinfoil? what the the limitions
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Nast

Quote from: YattoDobbs on January 28, 2009, 10:42:51 PM

other useful things for potatos...
easy grow methods?

You can stack up abandoned tires, fill them with dirt and manure, and plant your potatoes in them.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Richter

Elegant, just knock them over to harvest!
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: YattoDobbs on January 28, 2009, 10:42:51 PM
A simple hand crank radio would be much more efficient.  They are getting pretty cheap too. You can find one with AM/FM/Weather Band plus a flashlight for under $50.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Rumckle

ECH/Dirtytime has TCM

The main question is how long will this situation last, maybe I'm being optimistic, but I would say that it won't be forever, maybe a decade before stuff settles down a bit. In which case I think I'd stay in the city, (also that said Australian cities aren't that big anyway).

Still, this is a thread for being crazy prepared.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Requia ☣

Cities will be hell on earth if the food supply is interrupted for any length of time.  Doesn't mean you shouldn't stay, but you should definitely be ready to pull out.  Small towns, especially ones in farming areas, should fare better.*

Looking at nutrition labels in the grocery store today, I decided Spam might be the ultimate ration food.  Relatively cheap, 1000 calories per 12 ounce tin, 42 grams of protein, with lots of salt.  Not enough nutritionally on its own, but it might help more than any one thing.

*At least until whats left of the army shows up to steal all the food.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Rumckle

I have no problem living off canned food if I have to. Spam and multivitamin tablets, the breakfast of champions. I mean if it is good enough for the fallout shelters of Cold War families.

Also that army thing is a big reason of why I'd stay in the city. Whether it be regular army or militias I think I'd fare better in an urban environment.

Plus people like wade running around the country side shooting people up, not my idea of fun.

willem

A little less meat consumption and switching to a more vegetable/fuit/funghi/fillinandbecreative-diet should quickly solve most of our food production problems... gives you less of an hormonal imbalance, too. :)

the last yatto

http://www.nukalert.com/ worth the $160?
or something else cheaper?
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Requia ☣

Quote from: willem on January 29, 2009, 09:11:50 AM
A little less meat consumption and switching to a more vegetable/fuit/funghi/fillinandbecreative-diet should quickly solve most of our food production problems... gives you less of an hormonal imbalance, too. :)

Oh yes, because a complete fucking breakdown in transporting the food to the cities could be solved by changing the type of the food the farmers are growing.  Not to mention all the fucking fruit trees that grow naturally in Wyoming.

Requia ☣

Quote from: YattoDobbs on January 29, 2009, 09:26:52 AM

Hrm... I'd want to research it more, see if the experts found any problems with it.  Assuming its reliable (and loud) though, its size and battery life make it ideal.  I want one.

willem

Quote from: Requiem on January 29, 2009, 09:28:43 AM

Oh yes, because a complete fucking breakdown in transporting the food to the cities could be solved by changing the type of the food the farmers are growing.  Not to mention all the fucking fruit trees that grow naturally in Wyoming.

Like I said. Food - production (!) - problems.

Could've been off-topic tho. :P

Rumckle

Looks like it doesn't detect alpha radiation so maybe not the best

East Coast Hustle

A little less meat consumption and switching to a more vegetable/fuit/funghi/fillinandbecreative-diet should quickly solve most of our food production problems

I defy you to back that statement up with anything even remotely resembling science.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Richter

Quote from: Requiem on January 29, 2009, 09:37:47 AM

Hrm... I'd want to research it more, see if the experts found any problems with it.  Assuming its reliable (and loud) though, its size and battery life make it ideal.  I want one.

An idea, but for the price I wonder about getting a REAL Geiger counter. 
Also, I agree with the notion that we're liekely to see a slow degenerating slide a rather than a Cold War style blow out.  Unless nuclear terorism becomes REALLY popular, I'm not convinced of the necessity.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat