News:

We've got artists, scientists, scholars, pranksters, publishers, songwriters, and political activists.  We've subjected Discordia to scrutiny, torn it apart, and put it back together. We've written songs about it, we've got a stack of essays, and, to refer back to your quote above, we criticize the hell out of each other.

Main Menu

Order vs Chaos themes in fiction

Started by Cain, January 25, 2009, 12:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rev. Asshat

In FLCL couldn't Naota represent order and Haruko represent chaos. I watched the whole series last week and kept thinking about how much Naota was a greyface.
Now that I think about it Johnny The Homicidal Maniac seems to make both people who act and belief in evil order and good order look like retards.
my email address is masterrichiep@gmail.com

Faust

I keep meaning to watch FLCL.
Never been much of a fan of JTHM

A film that has the illusion of order that leads down into a reality of chaos (told in a very bitter fasion in this case ) Is Who's afraid of Virginia woolf.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

the last yatto

Quote from: Prelate Diogenes Shandee on February 12, 2009, 02:50:01 PM
4.) In any episode of Spongebob Squarepants in which Spongebob interacts with Squidward, Spongebob (and Patrick) could be seen as representing chaos, and Squidward could be seen as representing order)
I always though of Mr Crabs and Plankton as Capitalist and Communist influences
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Jasper

Quote from: DjFatNuts on February 15, 2009, 07:16:17 AM
Now that I think about it Johnny The Homicidal Maniac seems to make both people who act and belief in evil order and good order look like retards.

JTHM is glorified hormonal ennui.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

There are a couple of episodes of Monty Python's Flying Circus in which the action of a sketch/skit is abruptly interrupted by a gruff army general who stops the sketch for being "Too silly"
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago