News:

Urgh, this is what I hate about PD.com, it is the only site in existence where a perfectly good spam thread can be misused for high quality discussions.  I hate you all.

Main Menu

Places of discussion

Started by 3D3N, January 26, 2009, 12:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3D3N

Is there anywhere else apart from here and Barbelith that you can discuss things in the same vein as RAW/Grant Morrison/Douglas Rushkoff/various other 'occult' shit e.t.c?

I can't really be arsed wading through the hundreds of pages dedicated to paganism/wicca whenever you type the word occult into the internet and wondered if anybody had any suggestions?

Cain

Barbelith wont even let me register, so I would strike them from the list too.

LMNO

Quote from: 3D3N on January 26, 2009, 12:58:34 PM
Is there anywhere else apart from here and Barbelith that you can discuss things in the same vein as RAW/Grant Morrison/Douglas Rushkoff/various other 'occult' shit e.t.c?

I can't really be arsed wading through the hundreds of pages dedicated to paganism/wicca whenever you type the word occult into the internet and wondered if anybody had any suggestions?

What kind of "discussion" are you looking for?

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

http://www.maybelogic.net   <--- One option for discussing Bob, Grant, Rushkoff (currently teaching there) etc.

DISCLAIMER: I'm the tech guy that manages their servers.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Requia ☣

Quote from: Cain on January 26, 2009, 05:05:34 PM

Ok, this has got to be the most fucked up registration process in existence.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Requia ☣

Also, while searching for its website I discovered that Barbelith is actually a word Morrison created.  Which is extremely bizarre, when I read it I immediately thought of one of the terms for heaven in gnosticism. It does not, it seems, actually appear anywhere in the gnostic texts though.

:?

Cain

Quote from: Requiem on January 30, 2009, 04:25:05 AM
Quote from: Cain on January 26, 2009, 05:05:34 PM

Ok, this has got to be the most fucked up registration process in existence.

I gave them links to me here, my blog and my account on another forum...and they never got back to me.

So fuck'em and their circle-jerk forum.  If that's not good enough, probably nothing short of being Grant Morrison himself is.

Requia ☣

Linking them here may have been a mistake.

Cain

Quote from: Requiem on January 30, 2009, 09:30:07 PM

Maybe.  But they specified a known web presence.  I would have thought a blog that had run for 2 years, being the admin of a forum and [classified] may have qualified me as having invested myself on the web.

But apparently not.

Requia ☣

Frequency 23 looks like nobody has posted since 2007.

Chaos Never Died... I think it might be easier to have an intelligent conversation in 4chan.

Cain

CND desperately needs a jackass filter and its own version of /r9k/

Cramulus

yeah it's too bad. I was hoping that if enough of us went over there we could make it cooler, but the low traffic is killing it.
Luckily Danny's not trying to overmod it anymore. It's not so bad if you stay away from the occult boards.

Cain

Linking it to /b/ would get the traffic up...I'm not sure traffic is so much the problem as "idiots using anonymity to be pricks and nothing else*" which makes people tend to not bother.

*We're pricks too, but when we're not, we tend to have interesting discussions, or at least more amusing graphics

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cain on January 30, 2009, 09:45:55 PM
Quote from: Requiem on January 30, 2009, 09:30:07 PM

Maybe.  But they specified a known web presence.  I would have thought a blog that had run for 2 years, being the admin of a forum and [classified] may have qualified me as having invested myself on the web.

But apparently not.

last I heard from a (non discordian) friend who is a member at Barbelith is that it was kind of dying a slow death. Partly something to do with a really complicated scheme for arriving at bans (something about a number of higher-status members plotting getting together and voting, IIRC). This was a few months ago.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.