News:

We've got artists, scientists, scholars, pranksters, publishers, songwriters, and political activists.  We've subjected Discordia to scrutiny, torn it apart, and put it back together. We've written songs about it, we've got a stack of essays, and, to refer back to your quote above, we criticize the hell out of each other.

Main Menu

What The indominable shoveltrough happened to this place?

Started by Sir Comrade Kenan, January 27, 2009, 07:50:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Comrade Kenan

It used to be cool, man. It used to be cool.

I suppose though that the world is an ever changing and expanding place and eventually people will get bored of something that does nothing really productive in the long run.

However I must tell you to not take me the wrong way here, and certain levels must exist so that people can hopefully grow out of them at some point. Like being Wiccan. Or going to metaphysical bookstores looking for the Truth.

Duh, Jackasses, The truth is right in front of you all the time. It is entirely your decision how much of it you are able to perceive at any given moment in time. The truth is all relative and varying in degree.

So what. You can confuse people. Big Deal. That shit is easy. Does it help anybody? Does it help you? You'll say something stupid to retort like, it's fun so That's why I blast people on the interblag and IRL... SHUT THE FUCK UP MAN! HEROINE IS FUN BUT YOU DON'T DO THAT, DO YOU!?

That's because -most of us anyway- have realized that Heroine, to use the example, is a waste of time.

What I'm saying  here is this: use that clever little monkey mind of yours to spread some bananas around. At least then the other monkeys will like you a little more.

If win-win situations are created nobody loses.

Learn something for once. Don't just memorize it, remember it and live it. Grow because of it.

Peace 'n' chicken grease.
Well, I just said it so FUCKING LISTEN OR ILL KEEP SHOUTING UNTIL YOUR BRAINS BECOME FLUID AND POUR OUT YOUR EARS.

rosenstock

But you'll never find truth at metaphysical book stores.
Chaos is a name for any order that produces confusion in our minds.

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

Yay, another internet Paladin is here to tell me all about my wicked and sinful ways.

But OK, lets deconstruct.

Assumption 1: games can be made to be win-win in all situations.  Not true.  Zero-sum games are well documented.  At a certain level, you winning means others lose, or vice-versa.

Assumption 2: "monkeys" (which I have often considered an annoying term) will actually like you more for spreading whatever it is you spread.  Assumption here being they won't treat you like a doormat, take you for granted or actually despise you for interferring in their affairs and assuming they need the help of a more enlightened personage.

Assumption 3: that we do nothing but "have fun" and this is diamtrically opposed to getting stuff done.  Patently fucking false.  Intermittens was a blast, every single article, and I can't wait for the fun of the blog growing into something big.

So, to answer the question: what happened to this place?  We realized going around and sniffing each others farts, then saying "UR DOIN IT WRONG LOL" wasn't fucking effective, and people took the initiative. 

But please, continue to wow us with your bookstore fauxlisophical musings and imply you're so much better than the poor fools here.  Because that will really endear them to your viewpoint.  If only we were as enlightened and able to see "the truth" as you, eh?  Jackass.

hooplala

Quote from: Cain on January 27, 2009, 10:47:06 AM
Yay, another internet Paladin is here to tell me all about my wicked and sinful ways.

Assumption 1: games can be made to be win-win in all situations.  Not true.  Zero-sum games are well documented.  At a certain level, you winning means others lose, or vice-versa.

Assumption 2: "monkeys" (which I have often considered an annoying term) will actually like you more for spreading whatever it is you spread.  Assumption here being they won't treat you like a doormat, take you for granted or actually despise you for interferring in their affairs and assuming they need the help of a more enlightened personage.

Assumption 3: that we do nothing but "have fun" and this is diamtrically opposed to getting stuff done.  Patently fucking false.  Intermittens was a blast, every single article, and I can't wait for the fun of the blog growing into something big.

So, to answer the question: what happened to this place?  We realized going around and sniffing each others farts, then saying "UR DOIN IT WRONG LOL" wasn't fucking effective, and people took the initiative. 

But please, continue to wow us with your bookstore fauxlisophical musings and imply you're so much better than the poor fools here.  Because that will really endear them to your viewpoint.  If only we were as enlightened and able to see "the truth" as you, eh?  Jackass.

:mittens:
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cramulus

Quote from: Sir Comrade Kenan on January 27, 2009, 07:50:59 AM

I suppose though that the world is an ever changing and expanding place and eventually people will get bored of something that does nothing really productive in the long run.

WHO THE FUCK CARES ABOUT BEING "PRODUCTIVE"?

There's nothing productive about jacking off to Family Matters but that doesn't seem to stop anyone.

QuoteSo what. You can confuse people. Big Deal. That shit is easy. Does it help anybody? Does it help you? You'll say something stupid to retort like, it's fun so That's why I blast people on the interblag and IRL... SHUT THE FUCK UP MAN! HEROINE IS FUN BUT YOU DON'T DO THAT, DO YOU!?

That's because -most of us anyway- have realized that Heroine, to use the example, is a waste of time.

Are you referring to something specific here? Some behavior or meme that you don't like? Because we have boatloads of justifications for "confusing people", and that's so broad a term that I suspect I don't know what you're talking about.

What I'm saying  here is this: use that clever little monkey mind of yours to spread some bananas around. At least then the other monkeys will like you a little more.

Instead of confusing people, spread ideas, get popular. check.

I dunno man. I'm receptive to the "this board is doing it wrong" rants, because self-examination leads to self-evolution. But I can't grok exactly what you're going on about. Or are you just dumping some critique about us for personal reasons?

Cainad (dec.)

This sort of sounds like an anti-Pinealist rant, but directed at us

except I have a hard time actually connecting it with anything that we actually do.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Cain on January 27, 2009, 10:47:06 AM

So, to answer the question: what happened to this place?  We realized going around and sniffing each others farts, then saying "UR DOIN IT WRONG LOL" wasn't fucking effective, and people took the initiative.  

But please, continue to wow us with your bookstore fauxlisophical musings and imply you're so much better than the poor fools here.  Because that will really endear them to your viewpoint.  If only we were as enlightened and able to see "the truth" as you, eh?  Jackass.

THAT^^ needs to go in the newsfeed.  :mittens: Cain!

Cainad (dec.)

I'd like to create a pention to ban confusing people for fun from our forums

Something about heroin junkies using our own bananas against us

or :?

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

You care about monkeys,
their likes and their diet;
but free bananas?
I simply don't buy it.

Its not free, is it really
If you're buying their smile?
Like pathetic rice Christians,
the suggestion seems vile.

What do you have when you
get the food for 'em?
A bunch of overweight monkeys
in a fat bloated forum!

Instead of bananas,
we give them a map,
they can use to find food,
or to wipe when they crap.

We really don't care,
its none of our choice,
what they choose to do...
So, well FUCK YOUR NOISE

Love and acorns,

Ratatosk
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

AFK

Quote from: Cainad on January 27, 2009, 03:06:00 PM
This sort of sounds like an anti-Pinealist rant, but directed at us

except I have a hard time actually connecting it with anything that we actually do.

My take is that Comrade Kenan has generalised the membership of PD.COM as a bunch of trolls who only like to troll.  And it's pretty comical that a generalizer is telling us we're doing it wrong. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Richter

However I must tell you to not take me the wrong way here, and certain levels must exist so that people can hopefully grow out of them at some point. Like being Wiccan. Or going to metaphysical bookstores looking for the Truth.

Duh, Jackasses, The truth is right in front of you all the time. It is entirely your decision how much of it you are able to perceive at any given moment in time. The truth is all relative and varying in degree.

So what. You can confuse people. Big Deal. That shit is easy. Does it help anybody? Does it help you? You'll say something stupid to retort like, it's fun so That's why I blast people on the interblag and IRL... SHUT THE FUCK UP MAN! HEROINE IS FUN BUT YOU DON'T DO THAT, DO YOU!?

Learn something for once. Don't just memorize it, remember it and live it. Grow because of it.

Peace 'n' chicken grease.

meh.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I dunno.

It's in "Or Kill Me", so I just sort of read it as a rant that applies to most places, not to here specifically.

If he really was addressing  the denizens of this board, he has no idea what he's talking about and he's grossly generalizing, but if it's just a rant, it's generally applicable everywhere.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

QuoteIt is entirely your decision how much of it you are able to perceive at any given moment in time. The truth is all relative and varying in degree.

You've got some of the words right, but have no feel for the music.

QuoteSo what. You can confuse people. Big Deal. That shit is easy. Does it help anybody? Does it help you?

Yes.

Dysfunctional Cunt

I threw most of your post away because, eh well I don't care about it much, well really I don't care at all. 

I just want to ask you, what makes you think I want the other monkeys to like me more?  Why should I give a flying fuck what the other monkeys think? 

Win-win situations are designed FOR LOSERS!!!  So they don't have to go home whining that they lost.  It's kind of like being picked last for kickball.  You learn to either improve your game or you're ok with sucking at it.  Either way, you'll remember the lesson for the rest of your life.  And not because you won, but because you did what needed to be done.

As for coming here and saying all the crap you did, where is THAT a win-win situation. I also sure as hell didn't see you passing around any fucking bananas. 

Maybe you are just working the wrong meme......

How about......

Dance monkey, dance!