News:

Please take a stand against our terrible values

Main Menu

ATTN: Nigel

Started by Suu, February 01, 2009, 10:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

I has a special bead request. (another one...)

Can you make me a couple of accent beads to put next to the sewing machine? That's on bias tape right now, but the final necklace will be black velvet ribbon 3/5in wide. I may be able to barter some natural beads I just picked up this weekend. I got a shitload of freshwater pearls!
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

I've worn that a couple of days to work, and I have customers like, "You're wearing a sewing machine around your neck. Weird." And I go, "THANKS!"

I was at Michael's today for some beading stuff and couldn't find accent beads I wanted with it, so I figured if anything you could do something much better. :D

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It needs a center bead to go between the jump rings... how wide a space is that?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Also, is the ink blue or does it just look that way?

Suu

Quote from: The Mormons Will Begin Arriving By Bus on February 01, 2009, 11:07:58 PM
Also, is the ink blue or does it just look that way?

I think it's more of a gray.

the distance between the jump rings is 3/4th of an inch, and the height of the ring itself is a little over a 1/4th of an inch.

Raphaella

I'm insanely envious of that sewing machine pendent.  :fap:
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Suu

Quote from: Sanguine Penguin on February 01, 2009, 11:37:13 PM
I'm insanely envious of that sewing machine pendent.  :fap:

Michael's. Seriously. That's where I got mine. It was like 5 bucks.

Sir Squid Diddimus

that is so badass.
i saw a pendant with a drawing of antique scissors on it that i almost picked up but i always put everything back on the shelf before i get to the register.

buyers remorse.

Suu

Quote from: Squid-diddle on February 02, 2009, 12:48:54 AM
that is so badass.
i saw a pendant with a drawing of antique scissors on it that i almost picked up but i always put everything back on the shelf before i get to the register.

buyers remorse.

Oh yeah, I almost got that one today.  :oops:

Raphaella

I was going to go to Michael's today, but it's raining now.  :| I HATE driving here in the rain.
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Suu

Did they renovate the Michael's down there yet? They did one of them here in RI and it's fucking AMAZING. There is a whole huge section for Jewelry now, not just a couple of aisles. It's incredible. And they always have someone on staff there to help order things or give advice.

Raphaella

I'm not sure I have only been there once. I usually shop at secondhand and discount outlets like Biglots. If I don't find what I'm looking for there then I go to stores what sell new/better stuffs. It's a habit I picked up from being poor.  :sad:

Suu

Yeah, Michael's tends to be pricey, but they do give out 40% off coupons every week. So I gotta go back next week and pick up more stuff. Joann's is terribly hit or miss depending on the store (Warwick sucks but North Attleboro rocks, for example). I like my local fabric mill. The notions can be expensive, but their bargain loft (everything $1.99 a yard  :fap:) is useful.

Raphaella

Yeah Joann's is too pricey for me even with the coupons they send. The coupons are for like 40-50% off one item Mon-Fri but only on items that are not on sale, so when I go everything I would want is on sale for like 15% off!! Those fuckers  :argh!: No super cheap Ginger thread snips for me. For fabric I usually just go to Walmart, I HATE Walmart but they have fabric for $1.50 a yard.