News:

PD.com: children are filled with joy, adults are filled with dread and local government is filled with stupid

Main Menu

Discovery of Eris, the largest known dwarf planet

Started by Honey, February 03, 2009, 12:01:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fomenter

Quote from: Fomenter on February 05, 2009, 06:54:03 AM
did you guys hear about rubbing a stick against a rock? it gets pointy and you can poke things with it.

:pokewithstick:

all good fun
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Kai

Honestly, if you react the way to our teasing like you did above, I don't think anyone here would fault you for making this sort of mistake.

Really. Srsly.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

For reals, Honey, I was just funnin'! It was a good opportunity to make a joke. :)
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sheered Völva

Honey, great response to the teasing!  :)

I saw another thread here or somewhere that said Discordians influenced the naming of the planet.

Telarus

Prince MuChao of 23AE did send an email to the guy that was in charge of deciding, while it's moniker was still Xena. PMC suggested that Eris would fit the classical naming scheme and highlight the Strife that the 'dwarf planet debate' that Her discovery caused in academia circles.

I think the Naming actually dissolved the controversy through the attention, as the scientists had to wonder a moment about the Strife/strife coincidence at which point they couldn't take the 'dwarf= not real planet' conflict all that seriously.

Good job, and once again, we see who the Real Illuminati are.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Sheered Völva

Quote from: Telarus on February 06, 2009, 06:19:06 PM
Prince MuChao of 23AE did send an email to the guy that was in charge of deciding, while it's moniker was still Xena. PMC suggested that Eris would fit the classical naming scheme and highlight the Strife that the 'dwarf planet debate' that Her discovery caused in academia circles.

I think the Naming actually dissolved the controversy through the attention, as the scientists had to wonder a moment about the Strife/strife coincidence at which point they couldn't take the 'dwarf= not real planet' conflict all that seriously.

Good job, and once again, we see who the Real Illuminati are.

Cool.  I gotta use that for Intermittens 7 Operation Mindfuck (see the Think for Yourself Thread). You can't get a bigger OM than naming a planet!