Intermittens Must Stop Publication : YOU'VE BEEN JAKED! TFT!

Started by Shine Your Light, February 03, 2009, 12:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telarus

This smells suspicious, considering the 'problem' we had last week.

Was this even posted from a Canadian IP?
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cain

All the information given is legitimate.  I do not think it is related to our other problem, though I suspected it.

I still think its a scam, just of the more usual kind.

Cramulus

Hey Ratatosk, ask your legal dep't about this:

Quote from: Shine Your Light on February 03, 2009, 12:18:13 PM
Dear PrincipiaDiscordia.com:

QuoteThis shall be considered official notification, in accordance with Canadian and United States federal law.

I mean I'm no lawyer or anything, so I'm amazed that you can file legal action against a forum!
and for that matter, I'm astounded that a letter posted at that internet forum can in any way be considered "official notice"

I guess I just don't understand the legal system. We'd better stop the presses.

oh snap -- that means any script kiddie can cripple the entire judicial system!

Faust

Quote from: Cramulus on February 03, 2009, 03:07:49 PM

QuoteThis shall be considered official notification, in accordance with Canadian and United States federal law.

I mean I'm no lawyer or anything, so I'm amazed that you can file legal action against a forum!
and for that matter, I'm astounded that a letter posted at that internet forum can in any way be considered "official notice"

and do you really think that the 14 days notice would hold up if I was not contacted by email, phone address.
or directly at all?
Sleepless nights at the chateau

LMNO

Hold up:  "Intermittens" seems to be a medical/biological term, or at least is latin-ish.

Example: "dyskinesia intermittens" is the intermittent disability of the limbs due to impairment of circulation.

Can you really copyright something like that, or would it be more of a trademark issue?

Faust

we now own intermittens.org
so it can have a front page, issues and updates on it for whoever wants to use it
Sleepless nights at the chateau

LMNO

Heh.  Now, we constantly monitor intermittens.com, and constantly remind them not to create a magazine.

Cramulus

If you have any questions, you may call our office at (604) 736-4743 or send us a Fax to (604) 224-5557.

BTW:
this fax number actually connects to a chiropracter's office.

Cain

I think Raffi S. Titizian should learn copyright law better, or else stick to chiropractic treatments.

http://www.pointgreychiro.com/

Jenne

Hmmm...smells fishy itt...I think the OP is a bottom-feeder.

Great detective work, Everyone!

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cramulus on February 03, 2009, 03:07:49 PM

Answer is: NO

Legal communication would require something in the nature of a certified letter etc. FROM a Legal firm, not some spag.

Also: They do not have a trademark according to my legal buddies. See Kai's post for the reasons.

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

wade

Quote from: Cain on February 03, 2009, 03:02:47 PM
All the information given is legitimate.  I do not think it is related to our other problem, though I suspected it.

I still think its a scam, just of the more usual kind.
what's the other problem?
REALLY real discordians

i wouldnt hurt a fly
:thumb: :kojak:

LMNO

Iason Ouabache

I don't get why Mr. Shine Your Light thought that this would actually work. And what did he think he'd actually get out of it? Did he think we'd bribe him to get back a trademark that he doesn't really own? Is he just being a knob-gobbler because he's a masochist that enjoys made idle legal threats and cracking people's bones. Seriously, what is he getting out of this??
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Cramulus

the listed phone number has been busy for over an hour and a half.