News:

Not just a bunch of "Trotskyist, car-hating, Hugo Chavez idolising, newt-fancying hypocrites and bendy bus fetishists."

Main Menu

Official February Shit List Thread

Started by Cain, February 03, 2009, 10:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wade

REALLY real discordians

i wouldnt hurt a fly
:thumb: :kojak:

Pariah

Quote from: Cain on February 03, 2009, 10:15:40 PM
So far

LMNO - car stolen
RWHN - flu, stuff at work
Valerie - gone, for now
Suu - divorce
Everyone writing for Intermittens - time wasted with spurious legal threats
000 - flat burnt down
Fomenter - car totalled

Whats this about intermitens?!??!?!?
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on February 03, 2009, 10:15:40 PM
So far

LMNO - car stolen
RWHN - flu, stuff at work
Valerie - gone, for now
Suu - divorce
Everyone writing for Intermittens - time wasted with spurious legal threats
000 - flat burnt down
Fomenter - car totalled

TGRR  Quitting cigars, divorce, all my fucking friends moved away.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Don't forget to add

Nigel - nervous breakdown, friendship roont.

Actually just change it to what Roger's is except instead of "friends moved away" it's "unrequited love for best friend resulting in crushed heart when best friend's wife moves back in, nervous breakdown ensues"

And also "Owes magazine $1400 for ads".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pariah

Just came down with an explosive case of shitting that can only be described as rectal bulimia.
:sad:

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Obecalp on February 04, 2009, 01:35:57 AM
Just came down with an explosive case of shitting that can only be described as rectal bulimia.

Put me down as "jealous as fuck" too, then.   :evilmad:

Pariah

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 04, 2009, 01:39:15 AM
Quote from: Obecalp on February 04, 2009, 01:35:57 AM

Put me down as "jealous as fuck" too, then.   :evilmad:

Well it was only a matter of time before some  Papa Murphy's Pizza worker slipped a laxative into my pizza.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I've noticed that the uncontrollable crying is a little less jagged without alcohol, so the sobriety thing might really work out for me.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pariah

Is it a coincidence that I come down with a case of rectal bulimia whilst reading a post named Official February Shit List Thread

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 04, 2009, 01:38:43 AM
Quote from: The Mormons Will Begin Arriving By Bus on February 04, 2009, 12:41:11 AM
And also "Owes magazine $1400 for ads".

Fuck.  Do you operate at a loss?

Not normally!

In 2007 I grossed 117k, netted 19k after paying all deductible expenses, which honestly was fucking awesome because that even covered my full-time assistant and childcare.

It's just that the combination of trying to come back from going part-time in 2008, and trying to cover all the household expenses after my  husband left, and the economy tanking, has left me marginal.

I'm coming out of it. It's not impossible to grow a business, even in a recession. I wish I was more energized and motivated right now, though, because what I need to be doing is producing exceptional work and submitting it to museums, magazines, galleries, etc. because the key to thriving in this business is getting published, getting sponsorships, getting your name out there. I have one very small sponsorship right now, but I could have had dozens more, and I missed two crucial submissions last year that could have really helped me.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Mormons Will Begin Arriving By Bus on February 04, 2009, 01:40:13 AM
I've noticed that the uncontrollable crying is a little less jagged without alcohol, so the sobriety thing might really work out for me.

You just made Hank Williams Sr cry.   :cry:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

In a perfect world, I'll someday have a partner who can do the full-time assistant thing, and I'll be able to support the household on my income because they'll handle all that other stuff so I can spend more time in the studio. I paid my assistant $35k/year, so if I had a live-in partner handling everything, I should easily be able to get back to that point and make a good living, and pay less in taxes too. Plus my house is paid off in only 14 more years...

Ah, daydreams.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh, and the reason I owe so much is that they have a bunch of publications, and somehow I managed to be in three of them in December, and then the Spring "Beads" issue is already billed.  :roll: So that's four months of advertising all at once. I'm going to ask my rep for a print schedule so this never happens again.

The good news is that I pull all ads in summer, so I should get caught up by then.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Mormons Will Begin Arriving By Bus on February 04, 2009, 01:54:15 AM
Oh, and the reason I owe so much is that they have a bunch of publications, and somehow I managed to be in three of them in December, and then the Spring "Beads" issue is already billed.  :roll: So that's four months of advertising all at once. I'm going to ask my rep for a print schedule so this never happens again.

The good news is that I pull all ads in summer, so I should get caught up by then.

Then they can wait 4 months for full payment, the bastards.