News:

PD.com: We're not actually discordians

Main Menu

Official February Shit List Thread

Started by Cain, February 03, 2009, 10:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

C'mon, you know you want to go old school.

Break out the Leonard Cohen.

Eve

But where to start! Suzanne? Hallelujah? EVERYBODY KNOWS?
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

Suu

Quote from: LMNO on February 04, 2009, 08:54:12 PM
C'mon, you know you want to go old school.

Break out the Leonard Cohen.

Woke up this mornin...

Got myself a gun...

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Iason Ouabache

Adding to the shit list:  One of my co-workers has been in the hospital since Monday and is having heart surgery tomorrow to put a couple of stints in. I have a feeling he'll make it through it since he's a 63 year old sunnabitch who'd knock the shit out of Death for looking at him cross.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Suu

Remarkably, Mr. Suu's father died in February 4 years ago on the operating table for something very similar.  :|

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Quercus

My mental health issues have gotten the better of me, again.  :cry:

So now I'm debating what to give up: my job, which keeps my partially employed parents from having to keep me funded as well, or my research fellowship which is the only thing that gets me real jobs in the summers and probably largely into grad school too.

Or, I withdraw from some classes and then add an additional year onto my undergrad because being in college (part and full) from 15 to 23 is normal right?  :|
PLEASE PRINT ALIGNMENT PAGE

East Coast Hustle

I am totally still posting in this thread.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

I'm, like, 5 minutes late on my plan to go down to the Post Office and post my job application.

For real.  Stupid coffee, its so tempting...

Suu

I don't know about the UK, but here in the US, working for the postal service is a great job. It's unionized and it has great benefits. Naturally the longer you're there, the better your benefits get, but I've known several folks who have worked for them as letter carriers for years and they make bank. You don't start out that bad either.

Cain

Its not bad, but its hard to get your foot in the door, because the government keeps shutting down post offices, or making them change their name to something fucking stupid like "Consignia" which cost half of their yearly budget, then changed it back when people got wangsty.

Cain

Quote from: Cain on February 05, 2009, 10:02:27 AM
I'm, like, 5 minutes late on my plan to go down to the Post Office and post my job application.

Also, I forgot one, ONE bloody sheet.  Had to trudge back home and get it...

Kai

Quote from: Quercus on February 05, 2009, 01:47:18 AM
My mental health issues have gotten the better of me, again.  :cry:

So now I'm debating what to give up: my job, which keeps my partially employed parents from having to keep me funded as well, or my research fellowship which is the only thing that gets me real jobs in the summers and probably largely into grad school too.

Or, I withdraw from some classes and then add an additional year onto my undergrad because being in college (part and full) from 15 to 23 is normal right?  :|

I'm 23 and I've been in school since 18. Only 4 of that was undergrad though.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Suu on February 05, 2009, 02:57:26 PM
I don't know about the UK, but here in the US, working for the postal service is a great job. It's unionized and it has great benefits. Naturally the longer you're there, the better your benefits get, but I've known several folks who have worked for them as letter carriers for years and they make bank. You don't start out that bad either.
My uncle was a postman for over 20 years.  The pension was really great too.  I think he retire around the age of 55.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Cain

Quote from: Cain on February 05, 2009, 03:00:32 PM
Quote from: Cain on February 05, 2009, 10:02:27 AM

Also, I forgot one, ONE bloody sheet.  Had to trudge back home and get it...

Oh, and its really cold, so I had to put the heating on boost.  :cry: