News:

I live in the Promised Land, except the Chosen People are all trying to get out. 

Main Menu

Intermittens #7 Operation Mindfuck

Started by Sheered Völva, February 05, 2009, 05:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheered Völva

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on July 07, 2009, 07:13:40 AM
Uploaded to Scribd: http://www.scribd.com/doc/17154992

Thanks a lot for doing that, that's great.

I do have a question, though. I noticed that several of the fonts in headings were changed--it looks like it put everything in Courier, Times New Roman or Arial except for the fonts I saved as image files. I'm showing my ignorance here, but I thought once something was saved in pdf, it wouldn't change. Can anybody tell me how and why this happens? Thanks!

EDIT: Part of the same question, but where it changed the font in headings, it also changed the spacing between letters.

Miley Spears

I loved helping but really I didn't do very much. But thanks for using my definitions!
Keep your hands in your pockets when you're talking to me.

Sheered Völva

Quote from: Miley Spears on July 07, 2009, 11:32:19 PM
I loved helping but really I didn't do very much. But thanks for using my definitions!

Thank you for writing them!

And sometimes it's help on the little things that you need most, because those are the things you're most likely to miss.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Holy fuck, I'm halfway through it and it's GREAT! It's really exciting to see materials I haven't read, submitted by people I don't know! Its really inspiring me to put out a call for submissions for my Discordian Parenting book, and have it be a group effort rather than trying to do it on my own.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

ONE

MILLION

MITTENS

:mittens::mittens::mittens::mittens::mittens::mittens::mittens::mittens:
:mittens::mittens::mittens::mittens::mittens::mittens::mittens::mittens::mittens:

okay I can't actually fit that many in a post, have a few of the super technicolor mittens instead:

Is wonderful. :mrgreen:

Cetaphobia

Quote from: Nigel on July 08, 2009, 03:33:36 AM
Holy fuck, I'm halfway through it and it's GREAT! It's really exciting to see materials I haven't read, submitted by people I don't know! Its really inspiring me to put out a call for submissions for my Discordian Parenting book, and have it be a group effort rather than trying to do it on my own.
In my opinion, Discordianism is half about thinking for yourself in a large group. You really should consider making it a group effort. I know I'd be willing to help (though I'm not a parent, but I was my sister's primary guardian).

As for the new issue:  :mittens: :mittens: :mittens: :mittens: :mittens: :mittens: :mittens: :mittens: :mittens: :mittens: :mittens: :mittens: :mittens: :mittens:
We looked for scapegoats to blame.
Many people tried to blame it all on a vast free-Mason conspiracy,
Or Benjamin Franklin and his experiments with electricity.

I'm pretty sure I didn't contribute to this in any significant way (maybe it's one of those chaos theory, butterfly flaps its wings sort of connections) despite the message I got telling me that something I submitted was used.  I do have a tendency to forget most of the most profound, poetic, and/or funny things I say, so it is entirely possible.  That being said, I'm going to proceed to read ever word and take credit for the part I like most.
People who want to believe will believe what they want.

Telarus

Quote from: Nigel on July 08, 2009, 03:33:36 AM

One of the best MFs in this issue is realizing halfway through Nigel's entry that most people won't know that 'Nigel' is technically female.  

Of course, one would only know this if they had interacted with her before because the article DOESN'T MENTION IT AT ALL. :lulz:
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cramulus

Quote from: Sheered Völva on July 07, 2009, 11:12:10 PM
I do have a question, though. I noticed that several of the fonts in headings were changed--it looks like it put everything in Courier, Times New Roman or Arial except for the fonts I saved as image files. I'm showing my ignorance here, but I thought once something was saved in pdf, it wouldn't change. Can anybody tell me how and why this happens? Thanks!

EDIT: Part of the same question, but where it changed the font in headings, it also changed the spacing between letters.

I'm not positive I have an answer, but here's what I think:

When you export the PDF, notice there's a Fonts tab? It could be that the fonts you chose are not actually embedded in the document. If you click Embed All and re-export it, there might be fonts?

Scribd gets a little bit weird with fonts (and transparency) sometimes. It's kind of erratic and I haven't figured it out yet.

LMNO

I must say that whatever problems you experienced, the layout is fantastic.

The Wizard

Insanity we trust.

Faust

I posted a link to this over on something awful in that thread "tell me about discordianism"
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Sheered Völva

I'll accept the mittens on behalf of the people who made some great contributions and helped me tremendously. This issue would literally be nothing without them!

Cramulus

Honestly, I think you kicked it up to a new level of intermittens. You did a great job of incorporating a broader discordiana. Pope Hilde's interview kicked ass. And some new stuff from Kerry Thornley? That's Bad Ass Texas. It's a good read for both newcomers or long-time disciples. Most impressive.

the last yatto

bullshit does make the flowers grow
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit