News:

The End of the World is Coming, and YOU MAY DIE

Main Menu

Intermittens #7 Operation Mindfuck

Started by Sheered Völva, February 05, 2009, 05:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the last yatto

nothin really jumps out at first read, i think its still  :aaa:

pxs for the printed edition could the odd pages had an extra inch margin line on the left (even pages otherside)
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

the last yatto

choice of goverment poster was ok, i would have used that al-WUTa postergasm that got all the :mittens:
example poster they can photocopy > low pixal government propandga with a haiku rant

Quote from: Sheered Völva on July 04, 2009, 01:53:29 AM
Quote from: Sheered Völva on February 13, 2009, 04:50:16 AM
Quote from: Cainad on February 13, 2009, 04:36:27 AM
There's a whole big internet out there. If we aren't interesting for you, something better is just a Google search away. To persist in interacting with a bunch of lowlife, illiterate, anti-intellectual morons like us is really just a waste of your time, and, frankly, an incredibly stupid one considering the bewildering array of options available to you. (Partial Quote)

Can I use this as a quote for Intermittens 7? I think this would be fun to use as "Advice to the Reader" or something. I don't intend to use it in context and won't mention who it's referring to, but think it could apply to anyone who doesn't like Intermittens, Discordians, etc.

Again, if the editor of Issue 5 (Hoopla/Bahweed/?????) wants to use it instead of it being in issue 7, go for it.  As far as I'm concerned, you always have first choice of anything in this thread. This is your thread, after all.

I still love this quote, and really wanted to use it. But sadly, it never quite fit any of the holes I had to fill for my issue. It really deserves to be used, though.

quote would fit sideways somewhere im sure going from top to bottom page. Cyclopedia might work best and close up some of that white
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Sheered Völva

noise maker: Thanks for your suggestions here and in my message box. I didn't expect so much feedback so quickly, and really appreciate it.

There will be extra space on the edge in the printed version--other than the cover page, all pages are designed a quarter inch less wide and tall than the paper (part if this is because you never know exactly how much the printer will cut off, regardless of what they tell you.)

When I was working on figuring the layout, I checked several professional magazines. Even the top circulation ones end up with more space on one side of the page than the other, and the amount of space isn't always consistent from one page to another. So if it's good enough for them....

As for the white space, a friend of mine who knows a lot more about layout than me said one of the most important things to remember is "DO NOT be afraid of white space." Said it gives the eye and the brain a little rest, and makes it easier to keep reading. Again, I noticed that professional magazines tend to have lots of white space.

I still love the quote, but it wasn't just a matter of finding space to stick it in, it was a matter of finding a place where it worked. But you may have given me an idea of a spot I could use it, so I'll try to see if I can still use it...thanks.

By the way, I think your sending me messages probably works best. Posting them here will make people wonder, "What the hell are you talking about?" Of course that can be fun, too.

Sheered Völva

THE WRONG VERSION WAS POSTED

Due to a communication mixup (my fault), a not-final version of issue 7 that was presented for review got posted. It's incomplete, and has several errors that have since been corrected. Please ignore it.

I just sent the "final" version to be posted, so it should be up soon. So in the meantime, have fun reading issues 1 to 6.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

It was Eris, she likes to hit the "publish" button. I think it's because she keeps misreading it as Pubbish and hopes that if it gets clicked, we'll leave the computer and go drink.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Sheered Völva

Quote from: Ratatosk on July 06, 2009, 10:37:52 PM
It was Eris, she likes to hit the "publish" button. I think it's because she keeps misreading it as Pubbish and hopes that if it gets clicked, we'll leave the computer and go drink.

And I thought she misread it as "pubic," hoping that if it got clicked, we'd leave the computer and....

Sheered Völva

THE RIGHT VERSION WAS POSTED
(thanks Ratatosk!)
At least I guess it is.

In any case, the version that had lots of mistakes we caught is down. Now you can see the version that has lots of mistakes we didn't catch! (Feel free to let me know of ones you find before we post the print version).

I was fortunate to have some great contributors, with most contents listed below.

Things that have never been published anywhere, even online, are marked with *

'Operation Mindfuck Cyclopedia' by various

*'Dear Rev. Charles Stanley' by Kerry Thornley

'More Exercises to Mindfuck Yourself' by various

'Rant For / Against OM' by KunDa and Bmearns

'Mutton Chops' by Nigel

*'Shamlicht Kids Club' by Captain 'Sesame Seed' Rogers and Sister Hooter

*'An Interview with original Erisian Richard Marshall' by Pope Hilde

'The Original H2O Jake' by Terrorists For Truth

'The Jake That Changed A World' by Professor Mu-Chao and others

*'Con the Cons' collected by the editor

'I Wonder What She'd Say' by Ratatosk

Plus classic and original artwork by several great people.

WARNING: In the tradition began by the first issue, some parts may be considered NSFW.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Sheered Völva on July 06, 2009, 11:00:16 PM
THE RIGHT VERSION WAS POSTED

At least I guess it is.

"Right" is such a  subjective term....

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cramulus on July 04, 2009, 02:34:48 AM
yeah, I really can't wait to see it!
Quite excited to see how you will execute this

me too :D

(downloading...)

Quote from: Sheered Völva on July 06, 2009, 01:56:29 AM
As for the white space, a friend of mine who knows a lot more about layout than me said one of the most important things to remember is "DO NOT be afraid of white space." Said it gives the eye and the brain a little rest, and makes it easier to keep reading. Again, I noticed that professional magazines tend to have lots of white space.

Quoted for Truth.

(this is not a remark about IM7 cause I havent read it yet, but)

Add to this advice a tiny bit of grid layout / designing with grids (google it), and IMO that's a huge step from amateur to pro.

anyone thinking grid layouts are too restrictive or rigid for their chaotic discordian minds, should give it a go anyway, even just once. cause the other rule (that I like a lot) is "you gotta know the rules, before you can break the rules" ;-)

happy layouting!
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Triple Zero

I just quickly scanned through it, will read it in more detail later, but: GREAT JOB :mittens:

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cramulus

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Sheered Völva

Thanks for the mittens. Of course the vast majority of the credit goes to the contributors--I was very fortunate in being given some great stuff.