News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

Intermittens #7 Operation Mindfuck

Started by Sheered Völva, February 05, 2009, 05:58:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cetaphobia on July 08, 2009, 04:34:06 AM
Quote from: Nigel on July 08, 2009, 03:33:36 AM
Holy fuck, I'm halfway through it and it's GREAT! It's really exciting to see materials I haven't read, submitted by people I don't know! Its really inspiring me to put out a call for submissions for my Discordian Parenting book, and have it be a group effort rather than trying to do it on my own.
In my opinion, Discordianism is half about thinking for yourself in a large group. You really should consider making it a group effort. I know I'd be willing to help (though I'm not a parent, but I was my sister's primary guardian).

That absolutely counts as parenting! I'll start a thread.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Telarus on July 08, 2009, 05:41:28 AM
Quote from: Nigel on July 08, 2009, 03:33:36 AM
Holy fuck, I'm halfway through it and it's GREAT! It's really exciting to see materials I haven't read, submitted by people I don't know! Its really inspiring me to put out a call for submissions for my Discordian Parenting book, and have it be a group effort rather than trying to do it on my own.

One of the best MFs in this issue is realizing halfway through Nigel's entry that most people won't know that 'Nigel' is technically female.  

Of course, one would only know this if they had interacted with her before because the article DOESN'T MENTION IT AT ALL. :lulz:

:lulz: Hilariously, I never thought about that! That's great.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sheered Völva

Quote from: Cramulus on July 08, 2009, 02:23:03 PM
Quote from: Sheered Völva on July 07, 2009, 11:12:10 PM
I do have a question, though. I noticed that several of the fonts in headings were changed--it looks like it put everything in Courier, Times New Roman or Arial except for the fonts I saved as image files. I'm showing my ignorance here, but I thought once something was saved in pdf, it wouldn't change. Can anybody tell me how and why this happens? Thanks!

EDIT: Part of the same question, but where it changed the font in headings, it also changed the spacing between letters.

I'm not positive I have an answer, but here's what I think:

When you export the PDF, notice there's a Fonts tab? It could be that the fonts you chose are not actually embedded in the document. If you click Embed All and re-export it, there might be fonts?

Scribd gets a little bit weird with fonts (and transparency) sometimes. It's kind of erratic and I haven't figured it out yet.

No, I didn't try that, but will. Thanks!

Kai

Love the layout on this, SV. If it was printed out on glossy, it would look like a professional magazine. Just excellent.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Great job putting this all together. Excellent selections and kudos for tracking down permissions and whatnot.

Personally, I think your layout and typography is quite hideous but I can see past that and enjoy the quality content.

You clearly put a lot of work into the parts of this that matter most.

:mittens:

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Sheered Völva

Quote from: Ne+@uNGr0+ on July 27, 2009, 06:24:17 AM
Great job putting this all together. Excellent selections and kudos for tracking down permissions and whatnot.

Personally, I think your layout and typography is quite hideous but I can see past that and enjoy the quality content.

You clearly put a lot of work into the parts of this that matter most.

:mittens:

Thanks for the first comment here on the issue after I was outed.  And by the way, do you know which version you saw? One of them got the format changed and I still have to fix it. If you have specific advice for me on things you think could be improved with the layout, I'd love to hear them here or in a private message. There's always room for improvement! :)