News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

Having Sex Makes Alien Baby!

Started by Pariah, February 06, 2009, 02:50:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Racing Penguin on February 13, 2009, 08:28:48 AM
Quote from: Nigel on February 12, 2009, 05:09:44 PM
Quote from: Racing Penguin on February 12, 2009, 12:52:36 PM
YES we did eat them. I got them from the farmers market, and this is the second flat of eggs that was like this. I'm just gonna say fuck it and buy eggs at the regular grocer.

Ohhh, the farmer's market! That explains a lot.

When we had chickens, organic, free-range, and very well-fed, we got tons of double yolks, especially during the hens' peak egg-laying years.

Really? So this happens often? You had chickens? So were there any that hatched twins, or did you just eat/sell the eggs? If it's a case of happy, well fed chickens then it may not be so bad. But I was thinking that perhaps they were given too much hormones or something.

Raphaella VonMercer,
Ignorant of chicken spawning ways. 

We didn't have a rooster, but it is very common. I'm not sure what happens if a double-yolked egg is fertilized and incubated, but I do know that healthy young hens very often lay double-yolked eggs. It's most common in the second year of laying, and the eggs are generally larger, so when you buy eggs sorted by size the extra-large are more likely to be double-yolked.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Raphaella

I see. This makes me feel a bit better about those eggs. Imagine not knowing what you do and having this happen though. We were really freaked out and put off of eggs for a while. It was a great shame too cause 000 turned me on to quiche a while back and now we loves it!
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yeah, more people used to be aware of double-yolked eggs because you would find them in commercial eggs occasionally too, but now the eggs are candled and double-yolked ones don't make it into shell-egg dozens in the store.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

fomenter

the number of double yolks you find in restaurant eggs is pretty high, they probably don't check them as careful as ones sold by the dozen it is not uncommon for a cook to find 3 or 4 in ever flat (they become scrambled eggs)...
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Raphaella

Yeah I remember the first shift cooks mentioning the abnormally large quantity of the double yolks awhile back now that you mention it. Still, I was startled.
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ