News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

Your body

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, February 07, 2009, 08:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: The Reverend Asshat on February 09, 2009, 07:22:42 AM
Here's the thing. One can choose to view life from any angle, I choose to view life from a different angle than you.

Spoken like a true meatbag.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Adios

Quote from: Net on February 09, 2009, 07:23:36 AM
Here's the thing. One can choose to view life from any angle, I choose to view life from a different angle than you.

Spoken like a true meatbag.

Go fuck yourself.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

How is it different?

I deliberately left out the spiritual aspect, because I felt that it was irrelevant to my point.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Adios

Quote from: The Mormons Will Begin Arriving By Bus on February 09, 2009, 07:25:04 AM

How is it different?

I deliberately left out the spiritual aspect, because I felt that it was irrelevant to my point.

By the idea that I am a spiritual being having a human experience rather than the other way around.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Reverend Asshat on February 09, 2009, 07:26:36 AM
Quote from: The Mormons Will Begin Arriving By Bus on February 09, 2009, 07:25:04 AM

How is it different?

By the idea that I am a spiritual being having a human experience rather than the other way around.

You argue against it that way, Kai argued against it the other way. If you read it again, you'll perhaps notice that it is open to either interpretation. That was deliberate. It is ONLY about the meat-bag experience, while you are in the meat-bag. It is not about how or why you got here, or what happens after the meat-bag wears out.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Adios

Quote from: The Mormons Will Begin Arriving By Bus on February 09, 2009, 07:27:36 AM
Quote from: The Reverend Asshat on February 09, 2009, 07:26:36 AM

How is it different?

You argue against it that way, Kai argued against it the other way. If you read it again, you'll perhaps notice that it is open to either interpretation. That was deliberate. It is ONLY about the meat-bag experience, while you are in the meat-bag. It is not about how or why you got here.

In my mind the two are inseperable.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Maybe you should write about that? I'd be interested.

Adios

Simple. I existed prior to this human experience and I will continue to exist after this human experience. The art is to remain focused on the goal, not the immediate journey.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My point was that your body does not define who you are, or the nature of your spirit, if you will, and cautions against falling into the trap of believing that  it does. Do you think that what I wrote conveyed something different from that, and how do you feel I could rewrite it in a way that would make my point more clear?

Raphaella

I thought it was pretty clear. I like this idea very much. It's unfortunate that I am geared in such a way as to judge myself and others based upon these tags like ugly, pretty, male, female, black, white, hispanic and all that.
It is very hard for me to break that particular bar in my prison. Not that I go around passing ill judgment on strangers, but I tend to look at new people and form a preconceived notion about them based upon the things that I can identify and put into categories and the like.
Thanks for giving me something to ponder!
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Sweet, someone just asked me permission to let the PSU Queer Resource Center send it to students who might be interested. :)

LMNO

Quote from: The Reverend Asshat on February 09, 2009, 07:33:40 AM
Simple. I existed prior to this human experience and I will continue to exist after this human experience.

:cn:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on February 10, 2009, 03:09:51 PM
Quote from: The Reverend Asshat on February 09, 2009, 07:33:40 AM
Simple. I existed prior to this human experience and I will continue to exist after this human experience.

:cn:

It's religion. Religion is, by nature, exempt from the citation rule.

It's OK, I got religion too. I'm just not arguing with anyone's essays on the basis of my irrational beliefs.

LMNO

QuoteReligion is, by nature, exempt from the citation rule.

Tell that to the Talmudic Jews.