News:

What the fuck is a homonym?  It's something that sounds gay.

Main Menu

Your body

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, February 07, 2009, 08:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zen_magick

Quote from: Green Tea on February 10, 2009, 12:01:09 AM
Sweet, someone just asked me permission to let the PSU Queer Resource Center send it to students who might be interested. :)

Nicely written Nigel.  As someone who identifies as a Pan-sexual I think that it works quite well within queer theory, etc.  Keep up the good work!! 
Blow my Mind or Blow Me!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO will not change his screename. on February 10, 2009, 05:11:02 PM
QuoteReligion is, by nature, exempt from the citation rule.

Tell that to the Talmudic Jews.

Citing one's own irrational beliefs is circular, so it doesn't count.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Quote from: LMNO will not change his screename. on February 10, 2009, 05:11:02 PM
QuoteReligion is, by nature, exempt from the citation rule.

Tell that to the Talmudic Jews.

:cn:

LMNO

Cain

Give me the email to a Jewish organization and I shall send an email which reads:

"Your religious beliefs :cn:"

Naturally, I shall share any response.

LMNO

:lulz:

How about...

Rabbi Arthur Waskow, director of The Shalom Center!

Awaskow@shalomctr.org

Cain

LMNO

"R Drake"?

:lol:

I love you.

Cain

He was, when all was said and done, the most magnificent of several magnificent bastards in Illuminatus!

When I get a reply, I'll post it here.

Bu🤠ns

HOLY Mecheieh, :mittens: , CAIN that made my nacht!

Jasper

Quote from: The Reverend Asshat on February 09, 2009, 07:26:36 AM
Quote from: The Mormons Will Begin Arriving By Bus on February 09, 2009, 07:25:04 AM
Quote from: The Reverend Asshat on February 09, 2009, 07:22:42 AM
Here's the thing. One can choose to view life from any angle, I choose to view life from a different angle than you.

How is it different?

I deliberately left out the spiritual aspect, because I felt that it was irrelevant to my point.

By the idea that I am a spiritual being having a human experience rather than the other way around.

http://cas.bellarmine.edu/tietjen/images/new_page_2.htm

Enjoy yuor human experience.

Dead Kennedy

The OP is mired in Cartesian duality and ego-identification. :boring:  I could barely keep my eyes open.

Look at the assumptions in the premise:
QuoteSo the deal is, the first thing that happens when you arrive is you get dumped into a yellowish or brownish meat-bag filled with red and white.

"When you arrive?"  Who is "you?"  Where is "you" arriving from?  For that matter, where is "you" arriving to?

"You" must be separate from the body, because "you" is dumped into a "meat-bag."  Meat-bag is clearly idiomatic Jerkass for the body.

Does "the first thing that happens when you arrive" mean that the sequence of events is

• "You" Arrives From (???) to (???)
  • "You" is abruptly dropped or falls into A Body
That would seem to imply that wherever "you" arrive to is above the body you will be dropped or fall into.

I don't really care.  You started off with the Cartesian flaw, you can't get anywhere once you allow that.  Once you embrace Cartesianism, you're talking about religion.  I can consult my own pineal gland, thank you very much.

Though I really enjoy the use of the word dumped.  That opening line evokes images of angels swooping down from Heaven and crapping souls into little babies.
To steal a person's voice is to censor them.  Change this sig and you are the censor. HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on February 10, 2009, 12:01:09 AM
Sweet, someone just asked me permission to let the PSU Queer Resource Center send it to students who might be interested. :)

:awesome:
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Dead Kennedy on February 11, 2009, 08:35:42 AM
The OP is mired in Cartesian duality and ego-identification. :boring:  I could barely keep my eyes open.

Look at the assumptions in the premise:
QuoteSo the deal is, the first thing that happens when you arrive is you get dumped into a yellowish or brownish meat-bag filled with red and white.

"When you arrive?"  Who is "you?"  Where is "you" arriving from?  For that matter, where is "you" arriving to?

"You" must be separate from the body, because "you" is dumped into a "meat-bag."  Meat-bag is clearly idiomatic Jerkass for the body.

Does "the first thing that happens when you arrive" mean that the sequence of events is

• "You" Arrives From (???) to (???)
  • "You" is abruptly dropped or falls into A Body
That would seem to imply that wherever "you" arrive to is above the body you will be dropped or fall into.

I don't really care.  You started off with the Cartesian flaw, you can't get anywhere once you allow that.  Once you embrace Cartesianism, you're talking about religion.  I can consult my own pineal gland, thank you very much.

Though I really enjoy the use of the word dumped.  That opening line evokes images of angels swooping down from Heaven and crapping souls into little babies.

:lulz:

SRSLY?
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Cainad (dec.)

Well gosh, I guess no one should ever use metaphorical or figurative language to make a point!