News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

Your body

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, February 07, 2009, 08:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

Yeah, it's true.  But everyone's got potential

Joke 'em if they can't take a fuck.

East Coast Hustle

it is the lamentable nature of potential that those who still have it are those who could benefit most from actually exercising it.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Jasper

My gut tells me he's still in college.  Something in the way it all seems so fresh in his mind.

So it's probably not a total loss, yet.

LMNO

He has claimed to be in his 30s, mind you.

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: Dead Kennedy on February 12, 2009, 09:38:50 AM

Put bluntly, the intersexed are failures of biology.  They are not "supposed" to be, anymore than people born without eyes, or with no legs, are "supposed" to be.    Intersexed people arise due to the imperfect mechanism of DNA and environmental factors that damage the developing fetus.  They have bad coding.  From a strictly biological perspective they are evolutionary dead-ends, mutants who aren't supposed to exist.

Our inherent sexualizing instincts -- the need in humans to have gender roles so that mating can occur -- don't account for the intersexed, because the intersexed are not a reliable part of human society, because they're not a real category.  They don't occur frequently enough to influence the evolutionary development of the mind.

ok I didn't see this.
First of all, small point, but there is no such thing as a failure of biology. Success and failure are arbitrary human terms. Biology is just there. And unless you have all the complete medical development of a fetus you can not determine what the natural course of development is.
Now my knowledge of genetics is not comfortable but there is a ongoing debate between medical researchers, who maintain that gender development is an example of dichotomy (meaning two contradictory parts) and genetic researchers who maintain gender development is and example of continuum (meaning all separate parts are arbitrary) Now I admit I  haven't read a lot on the subject, and only have vague remembrance of articles I half read. I could say the division between animal sexes can get really complicated
I would be interested in a biologists opinion...
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

fomenter

based on the writing style i am guessing a mad philosopher that followed the safari back after their site vanished..

i give a high grade for potential but he will have to realise the difference between being philosophical (exploring the relationship between your ideas about the world and your perception and experience of it) and being a philosopher (arguing minutia using big words for ego strokes and career advancement/university tenure)

pd leans toward being philosophical and abuses philosophers attempts to get strokes for being wordy and smart.
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dead Kennedy on February 12, 2009, 07:41:30 AM
Quote from: Nigel on February 12, 2009, 07:24:56 AM
And I think you're a kind of stupid philosophy parrot. w00t.

Yes, but you can't actually back up that entirely baseless accusation.  You have already told us that you are ignorant of philosophy, so your claim that I am "parroting" some other person -- and by implication not thinking for myself (and fuck you too, cunt)  -- must be entirely uninformed.  

How could you possibly recognize that I was parroting some philosophical source unless you were,in fact, very familiar with philosophy?

Logic bitch, it'll get you every time.  So yeah, color me: unimpressed by this bland, unoriginal, and thoroughly witless attempt at an insult.

Say something else.  Give me even more reason to think you're a thin-skinned, hypocritical idiot who can't handle what she so readily hands out.

I didn't say I am ignorant of philosophy, though not being a philosophy student I am obviously ignorant of the work of many philosophers. I said that I am not a philosopher, and not terribly interested in philosophy.

It's fairly easy to spot parroting, especially when I've seen the same type of parroting before, and even more especially when you liberally lace your parroting with citations. Do I give a shit whether you agree with this philosopher over that one? Not really.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

zen_magick

Nigel, if you don't mind I'd like to share this (rant) with my gf, she's bi as well, and I think she'd appreciate it.
I know it'll lead to some interesting conversation that's for sure.

thanks, zen_magick

*note to self* rent and watch the Gore Vidal "Middlesex" documentary
Blow my Mind or Blow Me!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Go to town with it.

I'm still really amused that Jefe appealed to the "internet white knight" fallacy in an attempt to discredit anyone who argued against him, when everyone knows I'm a tranny.         
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

zen_magick

Quote from: Nigel on February 12, 2009, 07:41:42 PM
Go to town with it.

I'm still really amused that Jefe appealed to the "internet white knight" fallacy in an attempt to discredit anyone who argued against him, when everyone knows I'm a tranny.         

:lulz: :lulz: that's why your my hero!!
Blow my Mind or Blow Me!

LMNO

Incidentally, what's the "Internet white knight" fallacy?

fomenter

anyone who defends a "female poster " is basement dweller who's motivations for proffering a defence  are sexual in nature
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Fomenter on February 12, 2009, 07:08:58 PM
based on the writing style i am guessing a mad philosopher that followed the safari back after their site vanished..

i give a high grade for potential but he will have to realise the difference between being philosophical (exploring the relationship between your ideas about the world and your perception and experience of it) and being a philosopher (arguing minutia using big words for ego strokes and career advancement/university tenure)

pd leans toward being philosophical and abuses philosophers attempts to get strokes for being wordy and smart.

see it's a mulititude of gems like this that contribute to making an already great thread super (all the way back from the first OP).

Nast

Quote from: Fomenter on February 12, 2009, 07:53:53 PM
anyone who defends a "female poster " is basement dweller who's motivations for proffering a defence  are sexual in nature

But that's more of a behavior than a fallacy...
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

LMNO

Ah.  "You're disagreeing with me just because you want to get into her pants."

Gotcha.