News:

It's not laughter if you're just going through the muscle movements you remember from the times you actually gave a fuck.

Main Menu

Your body

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, February 07, 2009, 08:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on February 12, 2009, 07:51:05 PM
Incidentally, what's the "Internet white knight" fallacy?

It's when someone tries to discredit their opponents' arguments based on the presumption that they are defending/trying to impress a (ZOMG!) Real Live Girl on the Internet.

I've seen Internet White Knights in action, it's not that it doesn't happen, but it's a pretty weak argument to launch solely on the basis that someone has referred to your antagonist as female. Especially on a board as laden with females as this one is.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Capuchin Cress on February 12, 2009, 07:55:15 PM
Quote from: Fomenter on February 12, 2009, 07:53:53 PM
anyone who defends a "female poster " is basement dweller who's motivations for proffering a defence  are sexual in nature

But that's more of a behavior than a fallacy...

It only becomes a fallacy when it's used presumtively as an argument against your opponents.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dead Kennedy on February 12, 2009, 01:30:42 AM
So LLOF is a chick.  How much of this sudden onslaught of "defenders" is a case of Virgin Knights In Shining Armor rallying out from their basements to the defense of A Real Live Girl
Quote from: Dead Kennedy on February 12, 2009, 02:12:04 AMShe has illustrated that in this very thread by both failing to defend herself (attacking me is not defending her ideas, it's changing the subject (to me)), and by hiding behind all of the Shining Knights rushing to her defense.

Messier Undertree

Quote from: Dirtytime on February 12, 2009, 06:30:10 PM
:hammer:

also, I checked out our boy DK.

turns out, he's posting from a couple miles down the street. I had gotten myself pretty excited about the idea of pooping in a bag (I ate taco bell AND curry yesterday), tracking down some pseudo-intellectual eastside twatwaffle, and "redecorating" his car and his bedroom window when the sad thought occured to me that DK doesn't drive (never got license after telling test administrator how dumb he was for not realizing that "traffic" is an emergent property of "cars" and therefore "merging" is a logical fallacy) and that his mom's basement, in fact, has no windows.

:mittens:

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Nigel on February 12, 2009, 07:41:42 PM
Go to town with it.

I'm still really amused that Jefe appealed to the "internet white knight" fallacy in an attempt to discredit anyone who argued against him, when everyone knows I'm a tranny.         

I didn't know you were a tranny. Explains a lot though...

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

zen_magick

So if I rush to DK's defense just because I want to get into his pants does that still make me an internet White Knight? (angry sex can be fun, too)
Blow my Mind or Blow Me!

LMNO

I can only imagine what DK will think when he logs back in and sees these two exploded threads.

Sadly, he'll probably pick and choose only the ad hominem arguments to rail against.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: zen_magick on February 12, 2009, 08:13:50 PM
So if I rush to DK's defense just because I want to get into his pants does that still make me an internet White Knight? (angry sex can be fun, too)

That would not be a White Knight, but a hot and sweaty night...

Jasper

Quote from: LMNO on February 12, 2009, 08:16:08 PM
I can only imagine what DK will think when he logs back in and sees these two exploded threads.

Sadly, he'll probably pick and choose only the ad hominem arguments to rail against.

If he's smart he'll ignore us.  Which I do not foresee.

zen_magick

Quote from: Que Si on February 12, 2009, 08:16:43 PM

Ahhh, indeed.  An Internet Fairy Princess just doesn't have the same ring to it!  But I'm game, hehe
Blow my Mind or Blow Me!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Felix on February 12, 2009, 08:18:22 PM
Quote from: LMNO on February 12, 2009, 08:16:08 PM

If he's smart he'll ignore us.  Which I do not foresee.

Somehow, neither do I.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: zen_magick on February 12, 2009, 08:24:24 PM
Quote from: Que Si on February 12, 2009, 08:16:43 PM

Ahhh, indeed.  An Internet Fairy Princess just doesn't have the same ring to it!  But I'm game, hehe

WHOO!!!  :fap:

Dead Kennedy

Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on February 12, 2009, 12:17:21 PMAt which point did I accuse you of plagiarising? Unoriginal =/= copying. What I was implying is that your premise was the kind of shit that a million and one people can be heard espousing.

When you accused me of "lifting" my arguments from wikipedia or textbooks.

QuoteDon't even get me started on "cogito, ergo sum." that shit is three and a half centuries out of date "regurgitatum, ad nauseum" You want to talk geometry then yeah, he did some interesting shit but philosophically he was a fucking primate. Get over it.

Actually that's my point.   You seem to think that I am arguing in favor of Cartesian duality, which I can only explain by assuming you're a fucking moron who hasn't actually been reading the thread. 
To steal a person's voice is to censor them.  Change this sig and you are the censor. HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS

LMNO

Ah.  Welcome back, DK.  You might want to take a few minutes to read over a few of your threads.

There's a lot of people who want to talk with you.

Sadly, I now must leave for the day.  Enjoy your stay.