News:

Can anyone ever be sufficiently committed to Sparkle Motion?

Main Menu

Your body

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, February 07, 2009, 08:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thurnez Isa

:lulz:

holy shit Cain... im going to piss myself
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

I am not gender fluid. I have a gender. However, what that means to me and what that means to a lot of other guys may be very different. People have seen me cry. I don't really play tough guy and I learned to fence for the flair and romanticism, rather than to pick up a martial art (though I found that was a great side effect). Though it was previously mentioned that not being a 'man's man' leads to less sex. I've found this to be incorrect... in the extreme.

For me being a guy just means that I have a outie dangling down there, rather than an inie... and I can't has babies. I don't really think there's much question on these two point. Another part of being a guy, I suppose that affects me is that I'm pretty proud of my outie. However, all the other 'Man' properties that are normally associated with the label may appear or not, based on what I'm doing, who I'm with and how I want to be perceived.

I don't think of the body as a meat-sack... I mean, its the only way I know of which allows me to experience anything at all. I'm pretty damned pleased about having one. However, the specifics about any given transport vehicle (dual exhaust, hybrid, All Terrain etc) seem less important than making sure that I actually go driving in it as much as possible ;-)
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Cain

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on February 13, 2009, 03:47:19 PM

holy shit Cain... im going to piss myself

Who knew literary theory could be so lol?

zen_magick

Gender Identity is still a tough thing for me, I went through a lot of shit and had major body issues which included not being able to let anyone touch me for a majority of my life.  Hence when I worked my way through it and began actually to be able to have sex it never ocurred to me that a 'sexual identity' was necessary.

I guess, I never based my identity on the fact that I had no sex life and now that I do, I don't think that it makes me a different person depending on what gender the person is that I'm sleeping with.

My gf says that, "I'm not Bi, I'm just easy."  I think I agree... :)
Blow my Mind or Blow Me!

LMNO

Quote from: Kai on February 13, 2009, 03:24:43 PM
:mittens: to LMNO

I think you're wasting your time though.

Thanks, Kai.

I figure it's not a waste of time if I'm enjoying what I'm doing, right?

fomenter

Quote from: LMNO on February 13, 2009, 04:19:07 PM
Quote from: Kai on February 13, 2009, 03:24:43 PM
:mittens: to LMNO

I think you're wasting your time though.

Thanks, Kai.

I figure it's not a waste of time if I'm enjoying what I'm doing, right?
nicely said LMNO good points, i tried to help dk to get it, and all i got for my effort was insults in return, had he bothered to make a reasonable reply to my points i might have continued, but i am certain his purpose is to troll  :troll:  don't expect an intelligent response from the self proclaimed smartest man on the forum.
but have fun with it.
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Kai

yeah, if you're having fun with it its not a waste LMNO  :)

I just wouldn't expect an intelligent response.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

:mittens: LMNO

I think you stated it better than I could have.

Also, mittens to PMZ for the Time Cube Guy analogy!  :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Kai

I think its a nice contrast between the good noobs (aka Zappathrusa) and the dumb noobs (aka Dead Kennedy) in this thread.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

FWIW, after playing with the gender dysphoria concept for a few years I concluded that it really kind of doesn't matter, because my body is just my body KTHXBYE. I can fuck with it to all kind of degrees to try to make it look different, but making it look different really isn't the issue... the issue is that there is a social concept of "gender" which is separate from "sex", and this concept of detached, compartmentalized "gender" dictates that I can't *really* be a guy if I'm a little soft curvy female human.

I struggled with this for an idea, because something about it rang false. Finally, I realized I was struggling with an artificially limiting made-up construct of what defines gender, and decided to call bullshit.

My body is just my body. The end. It is what it is, it's pretty goddamn awesomely functional, and I do not fucking give a shit whether made-up gender constructs say I can't be a guy because I'm a woman.

What gender constructs of that nature do is tell us that we have to change our bodies to match our imaginary gender construct, if the imaginary socially-imposed, inherently sexist gender construct doesn't match the gender role expected of our body's sex. Fuck them. In the face. To death.

How is it sexist? A man who identifies as "female" is expected to "live as a woman". Holy fucking shit, what does that mean? What is "living like a woman"? Oh wait, it means closing yourself up in a gender role artificially imposed by society. I AM a woman. Does that mean I have to "live like" one? BULLFUCKINGSHIT. How about I just live like a human being and FUCK THAT SHIT IN THE FACE TO DEATH? I don't have to change anything about my body to live how I fucking want to live. No one should have to.

Decorate your body however you like, live however you like.

Fucking retards can argue that because I am referring to "my body" that I'm introducing the superstition of Cartesian duality, but that itself is a completely bullshit fallacy because I bet that ignorant motherfucker hasn't gone the last week without referring to some body part in the first-person possessive.

My body

is

My body.

It fucking rocks. Whether I am solely a product of my body or not is completely irrelevant to the discussion. It's what I've got, and I am hell of down with that motherfucker.

So, eat a dick, asshole.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

fomenter

on the up side, having declared himself to be the smartest and having misused rhetoric to make an argument against a rant that it does not apply to,
i can see every comment he makes from now on being torn up in a way that may be a source of epic lols  
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Her writing style is so fucking dull that I mostly stopped reading it sometime yesterday afternoon.

I sort of skim it.

No wonder the ignorant ass can't sell her screenplays; she writes like a goddamn piece of plywood, and wouldn't know compelling prose if it snuck up behind her and lubed her in the anal cleft.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Nigel on February 13, 2009, 06:26:20 PM
Her writing style is so fucking dull that I mostly stopped reading it sometime yesterday afternoon.

I sort of skim it.

No wonder the ignorant ass can't sell her screenplays; she writes like a goddamn piece of plywood, and wouldn't know compelling prose if it snuck up behind her and lubed her in the anal cleft.

Well, I don't think that's really fair... DK might write quite well in a particular niche, interpersonal communication over philosophical hogwash isn't really a fair sampling to judge screenwriting from.

On the other hand, I haven't really seen anything in DK's posts which support the claim of professional writer.....
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

zen_magick

Quote from: Nigel on February 13, 2009, 06:20:17 PM
FWIW, after playing with the gender dysphoria concept for a few years I concluded that it really kind of doesn't matter, because my body is just my body KTHXBYE. I can fuck with it to all kind of degrees to try to make it look different, but making it look different really isn't the issue... the issue is that there is a social concept of "gender" which is separate from "sex", and this concept of detached, compartmentalized "gender" dictates that I can't *really* be a guy if I'm a little soft curvy female human.

I struggled with this for an idea, because something about it rang false. Finally, I realized I was struggling with an artificially limiting made-up construct of what defines gender, and decided to call bullshit.

My body is just my body. The end. It is what it is, it's pretty goddamn awesomely functional, and I do not fucking give a shit whether made-up gender constructs say I can't be a guy because I'm a woman.

What gender constructs of that nature do is tell us that we have to change our bodies to match our imaginary gender construct, if the imaginary socially-imposed, inherently sexist gender construct doesn't match the gender role expected of our body's sex. Fuck them. In the face. To death.

How is it sexist? A man who identifies as "female" is expected to "live as a woman". Holy fucking shit, what does that mean? What is "living like a woman"? Oh wait, it means closing yourself up in a gender role artificially imposed by society. I AM a woman. Does that mean I have to "live like" one? BULLFUCKINGSHIT. How about I just live like a human being and FUCK THAT SHIT IN THE FACE TO DEATH? I don't have to change anything about my body to live how I fucking want to live. No one should have to.

Decorate your body however you like, live however you like.

Fucking retards can argue that because I am referring to "my body" that I'm introducing the superstition of Cartesian duality, but that itself is a completely bullshit fallacy because I bet that ignorant motherfucker hasn't gone the last week without referring to some body part in the first-person possessive.

My body

is

My body.

It fucking rocks. Whether I am solely a product of my body or not is completely irrelevant to the discussion. It's what I've got, and I am hell of down with that motherfucker.

So, eat a dick, asshole.

This is the reason this thread Rocks!   :mittens:
Blow my Mind or Blow Me!

fomenter

this had turned into a troll long before i got involved, a repetition of the same argument (wrong) and the same insults, you didn't miss any thing by skimming

hmroogp