News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

A desperate plea for help to the Right Reverend Roger

Started by Efrim, May 08, 2004, 08:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Efrim

(Perhaps this is the place for this post, perhaps not, I just assume this is the best place on the boards to get a message out to the man himself)

Another fine mess I've gotten myself into...I've traveled half way around the world to find myself down and out at an automatic laundry station in the heart of the eternal city. To think, I may be using the same washing machine that Augustus once used....Damn these mindless savages Roger, don't they understand that basic human decency can only be obtained through free market capitalism and the protestant work ethic? They really think all this Catholic hoodoo voodoo will save them...incredible. Twice weekly they find a proper virgin and sacrifice her to the pope in a canibalistic ceremony that verges on a level of inhumanity never even dreamed of by Henery Kissinger. Canibalistic rituals, now thats how you maintain a city for over 1000 years! I'm out here on the run from Ashcroft and the boys and after going three weeks without some Roger style wisdom I must admit I've nearly gnawed off half my leg out of sheer despair. But today the good Goddess Googeled me to the little corner of the web you call home. And thank Eris you have it for a home too, you inhabit some harsh lands you crazy bastard. There are dangerous amounts of sanity all through this continent....I've grown so accustomed to things making no sense at all. All these logical solutions for problems are unbearable on my poor American mind. I need some words from the Reverend to keep me moving and alert. The coffee helps, but it's just not the same you see. Soon enough I'll be headed into the backwoods of the Cinque Terre, I feel uncle sams eyes burning a hole through my head in these major citys. I'll be on the run just as soon as my towel gets out of the dryer....because I have not forgotten that it is the most useful thing to travel with. Ah, there's the bell, I must be running. I'll continue to spread the sermons accross the globe and to you, Roger, I wish all the best, to the bastards monitering this post from the black van outside all I can say is happy hunting and good luck...you'll need it to take me down. Farewell
"There comes a time when every man feels the urge to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

L,
Efrim

illusion

::Shakes her fist at the bastards in the black van::

Is your towell dry yet?

Efrim

Quote from: illusion::Shakes her fist at the bastards in the black van::

Is your towell dry yet?

Why yes, it is. Infact, it was dry several hours ago. Since then I've had time to find a properly fortified hostel and go on a raging Absinthe binge, so I've rather forgotten about the bastards in the black van. Take care friend, I'm down for the night.
"There comes a time when every man feels the urge to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and start slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken

L,
Efrim

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: Efrim
Quote from: illusion::Shakes her fist at the bastards in the black van::

Is your towell dry yet?

Why yes, it is. Infact, it was dry several hours ago. Since then I've had time to find a properly fortified hostel and go on a raging Absinthe binge, so I've rather forgotten about the bastards in the black van. Take care friend, I'm down for the night.

Absinthe goodies!
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Bella

I've never had any absinthe.
I take it I'm missing out on something good?
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of DoomI've never had any absinthe.
I take I'm missing out on something good?

Yep. It inspired the entire Romantic Movement... then again, that may not be such a good example.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

mobbing

I thought it is now legal again here in switzerland but I can't find it. maybe it was not in switzerland but in the EU
sigerm halkret meg tenibran kelfe zramt
favourite comic strip

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Efrim(Perhaps this is the place for this post, perhaps not, I just assume this is the best place on the boards to get a message out to the man himself)

Another fine mess I've gotten myself into...I've traveled half way around the world to find myself down and out at an automatic laundry station in the heart of the eternal city. To think, I may be using the same washing machine that Augustus once used....Damn these mindless savages Roger, don't they understand that basic human decency can only be obtained through free market capitalism and the protestant work ethic? They really think all this Catholic hoodoo voodoo will save them...incredible. Twice weekly they find a proper virgin and sacrifice her to the pope in a canibalistic ceremony that verges on a level of inhumanity never even dreamed of by Henery Kissinger. Canibalistic rituals, now thats how you maintain a city for over 1000 years! I'm out here on the run from Ashcroft and the boys and after going three weeks without some Roger style wisdom I must admit I've nearly gnawed off half my leg out of sheer despair. But today the good Goddess Googeled me to the little corner of the web you call home. And thank Eris you have it for a home too, you inhabit some harsh lands you crazy bastard. There are dangerous amounts of sanity all through this continent....I've grown so accustomed to things making no sense at all. All these logical solutions for problems are unbearable on my poor American mind. I need some words from the Reverend to keep me moving and alert. The coffee helps, but it's just not the same you see. Soon enough I'll be headed into the backwoods of the Cinque Terre, I feel uncle sams eyes burning a hole through my head in these major citys. I'll be on the run just as soon as my towel gets out of the dryer....because I have not forgotten that it is the most useful thing to travel with. Ah, there's the bell, I must be running. I'll continue to spread the sermons accross the globe and to you, Roger, I wish all the best, to the bastards monitering this post from the black van outside all I can say is happy hunting and good luck...you'll need it to take me down. Farewell

Stop your whimpering, "Efrim".  Things could be a LOT worse.  For example, YOU could be out here hiding in the sticks...and you WOULD be, if not for an accident of economics.  How'd THAT grab ya, bunky?  instead of chasing Italian girls, you'd be festering in some jerkwater town in the middle of the friggin' desert.  Count your blessings...and remember, it was ALL YOUR IDEA in the first place.

"It's a chance to smash the CoN", you said, "We are MORALLY OBLIGATED to carry through".  Like a fool, I believed you...and now YOU are in Europe, living large, and I am in BFE, where I am shunned by the inbred locals for reasons that escape me.

As for Ashcroft, well, he'll get you anyway.  You never WERE cut out for the role of expatriate.  Your tastes are too wild, your lifestyle is too extreme.  Sooner or later (probably sooner), they'll get you, and toss you in the cage that has my name on it, too.  You will sit stunned at your fate, while I curse you and kick you...

What the hell was I thinking, listening to you?  What the hell were YOU thinking?  Did we somehow think that they'd FORGET what we did to the DA's lawn?  Were we deluded into thinking that somehow, they wouldn't see that as a reason to hound us to the ends of the Earth?

Now that they are putting MORE people in jail without due process, what do you think will happen to us?  Well, let me tell you, "Efrim"...they'll beat us like egg-sucking dogs.  They'll have no choice...our paperwork isn't in order, and they are, after all, professionals.  The Free Market DEMANDS that we be punished...and you know that Adam Smith was NEVER wrong.

So, the only advice I can give you is to sink into abysmal pits of excess and decadence...preaching the word is fine, but do you really think that it will have any effect?  Hell, no!  You're just attracting attention to yourself, bringing yet closer the day that the hand finally lands on your shoulder, and you are "taken into the system".

Get your yuks in while you can.  We'll all be in jail by this time next year, for reasons that will never be made clear.

Or kill me.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bella

:shock: What in the world did you do to the DA's lawn? :shock:
just like in a dream

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of Doom:shock: What in the world did you do to the DA's lawn? :shock:

We landscaped it.  With 10 gallons of kerosene, and a road flare.

Why the hell else would I be living way out here?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Lord Trout

Well, shit.

Bella

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of Doom:shock: What in the world did you do to the DA's lawn? :shock:

No reason on earth you would if you didn't have to.
just like in a dream

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: SheckyNo more crabgrass to worry about.

Revenge is not really satisfying, if you half-ass it.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of Doom

Dunno...the place is starting to grow on me, though the natives aren't very friendly.

Bella

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of Doom

Dunno...the place is starting to grow on me, though the natives aren't very friendly.
They're probably afraid of intelligent lifeforms.
It's probably starting to grow on you because it's so weird there.
just like in a dream