News:

PD.com: Better than a xylophone made out of live kittens that you play with a tazer.

Main Menu

crazy curry type stuff!!

Started by Akara, February 10, 2009, 08:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akara

so, i had chicken, random fingerling potatoes (there are freaking PURPLE ones! like, vibrant pUrple!! frightening!!!), a can of straw mushrooms, a can of coconut milk, a bag of frozen collard greens and 4 tomatoes.

I also had sesame oil, sriracha sauce, some sort of curry powder, lemongrass, plum sauce, and rice vinegar.

It is all stewing now. It smells good. Let's see how it tastes.

If I had a camera I would post those freaky potatoes. they are very purple.
It's like a palsy victim doing brain surgery with a pipe wrench.

The Dark Monk

I must destroy curry from the face of the planet.
I am also destroying grapefruit in my campaign.
Also, tell me how good it is!
I thought this is all there is,
but now I know you are so much more.
I want to upgrade from my simple eight bits,
but will you still love me when I'm sixty-four?
~MIAB~

Kai

Quote from: Akara on February 10, 2009, 08:21:06 AM
so, i had chicken, random fingerling potatoes (there are freaking PURPLE ones! like, vibrant pUrple!! frightening!!!), a can of straw mushrooms, a can of coconut milk, a bag of frozen collard greens and 4 tomatoes.

I also had sesame oil, sriracha sauce, some sort of curry powder, lemongrass, plum sauce, and rice vinegar.

It is all stewing now. It smells good. Let's see how it tastes.

If I had a camera I would post those freaky potatoes. they are very purple.

okay, so its a japanese curry then? I've never tried that, only indian curry.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Richter

I like adding vinegar to curry, it seems to help the flavors soak in.  What does the plum sauce add though?  Seems like it may get lost in the spice.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Akara

well, the "food thing" was realy awesome. it tasted wonderful!

Kai, I'm not sure it is really classified as much of a curry other than the fact that it has a soup or stew-like consistency. I think the only reason I called it a curry is because of the spices I used.

Richter: the plum sauce actually gives the coconut milk a somewhat better tart tinge than the vinegar. it keeps the entire thing from being too sweet.

also, I got a picture of it with my bf's camera... but I don't have the stuff to load the pic on to my computer with. that will come later.
It's like a palsy victim doing brain surgery with a pipe wrench.

Kai

Quote from: Akara on February 10, 2009, 05:31:19 PM
well, the "food thing" was realy awesome. it tasted wonderful!

Kai, I'm not sure it is really classified as much of a curry other than the fact that it has a soup or stew-like consistency. I think the only reason I called it a curry is because of the spices I used.

Richter: the plum sauce actually gives the coconut milk a somewhat better tart tinge than the vinegar. it keeps the entire thing from being too sweet.

also, I got a picture of it with my bf's camera... but I don't have the stuff to load the pic on to my computer with. that will come later.

curry is basically a dish that uses a mixture of strong spices

there are all kinds of curries.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Rev. Asshat

I thought it said crazy furry type stuff! My dick got hard just seeing that title :canuck:
my email address is masterrichiep@gmail.com

Jenne

This recipe sounds like Thai curry, just minus the thai chilis.  Yum!  Some people don't like the coconut curries and order the thai ones without, but I like 'em swell.