News:

Urgh, this is what I hate about PD.com, it is the only site in existence where a perfectly good spam thread can be misused for high quality discussions.  I hate you all.

Main Menu

Started by lumberjim, February 17, 2009, 03:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumberjim

Hi!  I'm a stalker!  Disagree with me, and I'll follow you around for MONTHS!

The Good Reverend Roger

Naw.  It would only be cheating if you took credit for someone else's work.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Thurnez Isa

people post old stuff all the time...
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Jasper

Yeah, fair play if none of us have heard it yet.

Thurnez Isa

Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

:mittens:

I like you more and more as time goes on. This was really sweet, and also really significant if we use it as a reminder that often the most valid reminders of the value of any individual life are those which tell us that our lives, in any given moment, may be full of interpersonal wealth, if we are receptive enough to appreciate it. And those who can are fortunate indeed.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: lumberjim on February 17, 2009, 02:16:54 PM
sometimes I get scared about the amount of debt I carry, and the payments I have to make every month, and the gutters need to be fixed, and tax money I'm going to owe, and.....etc.

When I'm in that state of mild panic, I look around at the strangers I see driving their cars to work in the morning, and wonder if they are as twisted up inside about money as I am...or maybe they hate their husband and are living in pain....

Or are they bored?  Just heading in for another day that will slip by like all the others.  Or maybe they're all charged up with purpose, and can't wait to get to the office to enact the plans they're making in their head on the ride in.  I guess it's all of the above out there. 

I am glad that I did take the time to write down how I felt that warm night.  It helps to calm me down some....and thanks to cram for reminding me about it...it's been over a year since I've read it, I think. 

Or maybe they're one thin thread away from snapping, and walking into the office with a really big fucking pistol and blowing everyone away.  Except that cute one in accounting.  And maybe the only thing keeping them holding on is the radio, and maybe it will suddenly go to commercials for the entire remainder of his drive in.

Mornin' boss.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: lumberjim on February 17, 2009, 02:16:54 PM
sometimes I get scared about the amount of debt I carry, and the payments I have to make every month, and the gutters need to be fixed, and tax money I'm going to owe, and.....etc.

When I'm in that state of mild panic, I look around at the strangers I see driving their cars to work in the morning, and wonder if they are as twisted up inside about money as I am...or maybe they hate their husband and are living in pain....

Or are they bored?  Just heading in for another day that will slip by like all the others.  Or maybe they're all charged up with purpose, and can't wait to get to the office to enact the plans they're making in their head on the ride in.  I guess it's all of the above out there. 

I am glad that I did take the time to write down how I felt that warm night.  It helps to calm me down some....and thanks to cram for reminding me about it...it's been over a year since I've read it, I think. 

I used to stress about money REALLY bad. Crazy bad, all the time.

I'm not sure exactly what happened. Maybe it was when I decided to stop fighting to save a marriage that my husband clearly wanted to leave. I knew I'd be making a huge financial sacrifice, at a time when I had a $14k medical bill from an unexpectedly complicated tonsillectomy (long story), $12k in business debt from being unable to work during recovery, AND I'd gutted my business and gone to part-time so my husband could work full-time. Plus a $2010/mo mortgage payment. During a monumental recession.
:lulz:
I think that the day I decided I'd rather deal with the financial issues than keep fighting to save a doomed and stressful marriage, something inside me changed, and I stopped worrying about money. It's touch and go, but I don't stay up nights worrying about it anymore.

I'm not happy yet, but it's only a matter of time.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."