News:

PD.com: promoting the nomadic, war-like and democratic lupine culture since 2002

Main Menu

I'm tired of the U.S. and I wanna move

Started by indigoblade, February 14, 2009, 05:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dirtytime on February 17, 2009, 02:43:23 AM
yeah, but the people that would buy the likes of him for pleasure are, frankly, too hideous and twisted for me to want to think about for long.

ECH,
is reminded of the time his 80 year-old west indian friend "Manny" bought a hooker named "Pigeonfoot" down by the fish market strictly because she had longer toes and therefore more room for Manny to work with his freakishly long tongue (6+ inches past the lips, no exaggeration) as he indulged his dirty foot fetish

We had a guy named knobby foot working at the bar.  He had a thing for animals.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

East Coast Hustle

yeah, there's not much scarier than a violently sociopathic criminal furvert, is there?
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dirtytime on February 17, 2009, 03:16:10 AM
yeah, there's not much scarier than a violently sociopathic criminal furvert, is there?

It was okay, though.  He had an incredible club foot and he was wall-eyed, so you could say whatever you wished without retribution.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

East Coast Hustle

yeah, that's the difference between ghetto America and the actual 3rd world.

a clubfoot, wall-eyed, 80 year-old west indian would still cut you, put you in a fish trap, row you out to the north drop, and wait patiently for you to provide his family some dinner.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Akara

I agree that Mr. Blade here is in for a nasty surprise. Specially since he specified he wanted a country where they don't hate americans. Good luck.
It's like a palsy victim doing brain surgery with a pipe wrench.

Jasper

Honestly, I hope he finds what he's looking for.  I have no reason to hate him, other than his breathing air I might have wanted.

Akara

I think that living in another country thn that of your birth is a great thing to do. I just question a quest for something better than where you are. Every piece of land occupied by humans is going to have fairly similar problems.

rong

Quote from: Felix on February 15, 2009, 06:22:50 AM
What the world needs is a thought experiment that reliably makes people die.

isn't that the internets?
"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

indigoblade

You gotta point, ok, eliminate no hate of Americans and add toleration of their presence.
What?

East Coast Hustle

that tolerance will begin to disappear as soon as you show up on the scene.

Jenne

I think what you're getting here, indigoblade, is a certain amount of rejection of your arrogance.  Your assumptions on what makes America vs. anywhere else a shithole seem quite myopic, and your ignorance of parts unknown is also rather overwhelming.

Do yourself a huge favor and do some research.  Read up on what other countries (westernized and non-westernized) are facing economically and socially.  As someone else stated earlier, you will undoubtedly come across the same types of problems to varying degrees, humans being pretty good for that kind of consistency.

Akara

Quote from: indigoblade on February 17, 2009, 12:53:30 PM
You gotta point, ok, eliminate no hate of Americans and add toleration of their presence.

unless you speak any other languages, you've basically limited yourself to english speaking countries there. If you go foreign with no knowledge of the native tongue, you will likely be a reject there for a really long time. One thing americans are famous for overseas is an arrogant expectation that everyone will speak english to them. so if you plan on actually MOVING to another country, do yourself a favor and learn the language before you go. that usually shows the natives that you are at least a tad more tolerable than your average american.

remember, most of the time, most places get these:

and they resent it. Hell, I'd resent it too, if I got invaded by THAT.

Dysfunctional Cunt

There is also the factor that free health care, education and so on is AFAIK only available to citizens of the country they are being given in.  So you would have to renounce your US citizenship to qualify for any of that stuff, which means you aren't american anymore so there is that problem solved.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirtytime on February 17, 2009, 02:44:04 AM
for the sake of clarity, I do not mean to imply that foot fetishes have a moral value and that I think they are "dirty", I mean that he had a fetish for dirty feet.

:vom:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: K-Bitch on February 17, 2009, 10:00:17 PM
There is also the factor that free health care, education and so on is AFAIK only available to citizens of the country they are being given in.  So you would have to renounce your US citizenship to qualify for any of that stuff, which means you aren't american anymore so there is that problem solved.

Yes, and it's actually this aspect that made me guffaw the loudest.

There are still some countries out there (I think) whose economy is holding up reasonably and which offer their citizens awesome socialized health care and educational options. The thing to keep in mind is that those countries don't just hand out citizenships like candy. It's even hard for a USian to get into CANADA these days, for fuck sake. A strong socialized benefits system means that these countries have a vested interest in only naturalizing people who are bringing them strong assets and are not simply there to suck from the teat of the system. Some typical requirements are:

A college degree
A job already lined up in a growing field
Middle-class or higher earning potential

OR

Independent wealth enough to assure that you won't be a drain on their system.

I don't know if this is still the case, but about 5 years ago when a friend of mine wanted to move to Canada, since she didn't have a college degree, a portable business, or highly desirable job skills, she could have bypassed those requirements by having $100,000. She didn't have that, either, so she still lives in Oregon. Oh well! Canada might have been a bit of a disappointment, anyway.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."