News:

Goddammit.  Another truckload of bees.

Main Menu

Point of views on the new president of the United States.

Started by Seth_The_Fallen, February 15, 2009, 02:28:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

Quote from: Seth_The_Fallen on February 17, 2009, 09:34:17 PMI really think Bush was a fine president, He made a few mistakes but who doesn't? I bet you that almost every president made at least one mistake that cost him something. I think you are just sponging up what the media is telling you. You have to look into the person's point of views and how much pressure he is under. Some of the bills that was past during Bush's term was vetoed by him and pass by the senate, it was not hid fault on some of the things he was blamed for.

That's just so completely wrong I have no idea where to begin.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Felix on February 18, 2009, 12:21:41 AM
Quote from: Seth_The_Fallen on February 17, 2009, 09:34:17 PMI really think Bush was a fine president, He made a few mistakes but who doesn't? I bet you that almost every president made at least one mistake that cost him something. I think you are just sponging up what the media is telling you. You have to look into the person's point of views and how much pressure he is under. Some of the bills that was past during Bush's term was vetoed by him and pass by the senate, it was not hid fault on some of the things he was blamed for.

That's just so completely wrong I have no idea where to begin.

SOMEBODY had to represent the 3% approval ratings.  Right?  I thought it would be composed of tweakers, oil barons, and syphilitic idiots, though.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Precious Moments Zalgo

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 18, 2009, 12:45:04 AMSOMEBODY had to represent the 3% approval ratings.  Right?  I thought it would be composed of tweakers, oil barons, and syphilitic idiots, though.
Don't forget the fundy Christians!
I will answer ANY prayer for $39.95.*

*Unfortunately, I cannot give refunds in the event that the answer is no.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pastor-Mullah Zappathruster on February 18, 2009, 12:48:59 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 18, 2009, 12:45:04 AMSOMEBODY had to represent the 3% approval ratings.  Right?  I thought it would be composed of tweakers, oil barons, and syphilitic idiots, though.
Don't forget the fundy Christians!

Ahem:

Quote from: MeSyphilitic idiots

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

VIDEODROME

The fear mongering from our leaders is reaching an all time high.  They're giving us more terror then the terrorists these days. 

Oh yes any moment now we will all be heading over an economic cliff if we don't do something RIGHT NOW!! even if what is proposed has little merit or doesn't make any rational sense. 

We'll save America by turning into the USSR.  Remind me again why we even bothered to have a Cold War or why we can't get along with Cuba. 
The experiments will continue...    film at 11.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: VIDEODROME on February 18, 2009, 02:50:50 AM
The fear mongering from our leaders is reaching an all time high.  They're giving us more terror then the terrorists these days. 

Oh yes any moment now we will all be heading over an economic cliff if we don't do something RIGHT NOW!! even if what is proposed has little merit or doesn't make any rational sense. 

We'll save America by turning into the USSR.  Remind me again why we even bothered to have a Cold War or why we can't get along with Cuba. 

Something about still being embarrassed because the CIA couldn't kill Castro with an exploding seashell?

Requia ☣

Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on February 17, 2009, 09:47:27 PM
Quote from: KC on February 17, 2009, 09:40:37 PM
50 bucks says in 10 years the historians decide Bush is the worst president n History.

I make this bet the full confidence that after the wreck Bush left this country in, I will be lucky to be able to get a gallon of milk with said fifty.

I'll take you up on that, if you give me 20-1 on them choosing Obama

Show aint over til the fat lady is lying in a pool of her own blood  :evil:

Done.  Have to give it till 10 years after Obama is out though.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Seth_The_Fallen on February 17, 2009, 09:34:17 PM
Quote from: OPTIMUS PINECONE on February 17, 2009, 05:59:35 PM
Quote from: Squid-diddle on February 15, 2009, 10:31:45 AM
Quote from: Seth_The_Fallen on February 15, 2009, 05:20:27 AM
WOW I posted a good topic here. I believe that obama  is not going to lead us into a time of wealth, but into a time that bead is for the super rich like bill gates. This is not the time to be doing any giving of money like what he is doing. if you give in a time of debt what do you do? make more debt of course. it is not going to be good on the part of the tax payers and I will rather die then see my country fall to depths of abyss it will.

what you seem to be missing is that he didn't START the stimulus or the bailout. it was already a-go and in place before he even came into office. bush set forth the first of the bailout before the inauguration, and if memory serves me correctly, before the elections were over(i could be wrong in that). so obama didn't start the fire, he has to figure out a way to put it out with what he's been given. capiche?
he didn't want this shit, he didn't want to have to deal with this particular shit, but he had no choice upon entering office. it was already put into place. the board was already set, he just has to figure out which pawns can be sacrificed to save the fucking king.
i give the man kudos for actually WANTING this position.
what have YOU done. hell, what have I done.
i will do what i need. will you?

Squid. You're hardly correct on these points. Firstly, he ABSOLUTELY voted in favour of the bailout, as an individual. Secondly, he has spent the last several weeks kicking and screaming "mo money, mo money" for the stimulus, which he fully stands behind and wishes it were much more reckless of an endeavor than congress will allow. In both cases, Obama's LARGEST financial supporters are the direct receivers of both the "bailout" and the "stimulus".  

A STICK is a better presidential option than "W", no contest there.

VIDEODROME has a great opinion on this topic, couldn't have said it better.

TGRR is right on in regards to American politics being a fucking sham, his negativism (on this topic) is unfortunately a clear view.

Obama is going to lay waste to what's left of America, in lock step, for those "few" which he serves. Obama is a fucking fake, he's the "ANTI-W" tool of deception, a pawn move played perfectly by the financial institutions which comprise & arrange American politics. He's a pied piper, America's Tony Blair.

In regards to military, Obama wants America to police the world to a far greater extent, and ultimately plans a a separate military just for within U.S. borders.

But never mind, he's half black, now we can all feel good.

I really think Bush was a fine president, He made a few mistakes but who doesn't? I bet you that almost every president made at least one mistake that cost him something. I think you are just sponging up what the media is telling you. You have to look into the person's point of views and how much pressure he is under. Some of the bills that was past during Bush's term was vetoed by him and pass by the senate, it was not hid fault on some of the things he was blamed for.

I think the one and only big mistake he did was make the terrorist camps and cities a big crater then into a Walmart. But that is just my point of views on the subject of Bush's terms in office.

wow. I honestly thought the "dumbest statement of the week" award was in the bag.

congratulations on pulling off the upset.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Jasper

East Coast Hustle

LAST week, a homeless lady stopped me while I was walking through the alleys of Belltown and asked if I could spare some money because she was REALLY hungry.

I told her that I didn't have any money to spare, but I did just happen to have an apple in my bag.

"I'm allergic to those."

"oh, well, I've also got a half a sandwich."

"I'm allergic to those too."

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Jasper

Well, that's the homeless.  They can go to food banks, but those don't carry Wild Turkey.

Seth_The_Fallen

If it is so wrong then tell me why did almost every bill Bush vetoed got passed by congress and he got blamed for it. I think your taking what the media is spoon feeding you. Just like the obama shit. It is not a god thing to have a person running for a political office allow the hit and run media give him free Show time on the Tv. it Makes me sick thinking about how they used the Tv to get in the voters heads and made the choice on who to vote for. Would you like any examples of what I am talking about? I can get them for you with ease.

Phineas T. Poxwattle

yeah I pretty much form all my opinions from stuff I see on TV. I don't really have time to think about stuff - all I do is watch TV and perform abortions.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

I find DK preferable n00b material than this... wow.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Seth_The_Fallen on February 18, 2009, 10:33:55 PM
If it is so wrong then tell me why did almost every bill Bush vetoed got passed by congress and he got blamed for it. I think your taking what the media is spoon feeding you. Just like the obama shit. It is not a god thing to have a person running for a political office allow the hit and run media give him free Show time on the Tv. it Makes me sick thinking about how they used the Tv to get in the voters heads and made the choice on who to vote for. Would you like any examples of what I am talking about? I can get them for you with ease.
\
:mullet: