News:

Thinking about Gabbard in general, my animal instinct is to flatten my ears against my head, roll my eyes up till the whites show, bare my teeth, and trill like a cicada stuck in a Commodore 64.

Main Menu

Sink or Swim

Started by Pariah, February 22, 2009, 10:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pariah

Sink or swim

Our two options according to nearly everyone. You either Sink or swim. Do you want to be like that dirty hobo? Of course not. Do you want to be that charming businessman with the caustic grin, trophy wife and 2.5 kids. OF COURSE! My question. Is why do I have to do either. Why can't I float. Or frolic in the water. Why can't I live on a shack on the beach swim and sleep. Why can't a climb a mountain with out fame or glory. Why do I have to take part in their sick game. What kind of sick fuck traps a bunch of people in a tank full of water and tell them to sink or swim anyways.

Not only that, they quietly tell you  "this is your grand opportunity, the American Dream. Anyone can swim if they want to. Anyone can rise to the top" all while slipping  on hereditary life jackets to the ones they want to succeed and rocks to the ones they don't. It's a joke. They don't even conceal their laughter. This is your freedom? Be impoverished or have your soul taken. Fuck swimming anyways, I'm hydrophobic.

[Edited for spelling]
Play safe! Ski only in a clockwise direction! Let's all have fun together!

Aufenthatt

Its all pretty shallow anyway

Aufenthatt

Chillin, taking life slow, house by the beach

Chillin, taking life slow untill 37, living in basement

fomenter

"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

The Good Reverend Roger

The fail has been extracted.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

fomenter

it was attracting flies
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Pariah

What was the fail anyways?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Pariah on February 22, 2009, 11:48:20 PM
What was the fail anyways?

DK, taking your rant personally.  We have removed it in a lead box, and put it where future generations will be able to appreciate it.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Pariah

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: lumberjim on February 23, 2009, 01:51:58 AM

"Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get."
-brother Dave Gardner

that's my buddy zippyt's sig line.  dude lives it.

I'm more like:

"Success is getting what you want. Happiness is beating the shit out of bankers on the street corner."

Pariah

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 23, 2009, 01:56:47 AM
Happiness is beating the shit out of bankers on the street corner."

For me it leaving all the shit behind. But when fuckers take that stuff away from me then its time for a beating.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

The Good Reverend Roger

Cleaned (again).

Bump to bring it back where it belongs.

Pariah

The Good Reverend Roger