News:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Main Menu

Rev Roger, Welcome to the Monkeyhouse #6: Walking With the King

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, February 24, 2009, 12:06:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Where Roger is wrong is that you can unknow this.

One of the features of being mostly monkey is that we have an incredible capacity for self-delusion.

Thinking we cannot unknow this is optimistic.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Anomalous on February 24, 2009, 01:23:51 AM
Where Roger is wrong is that you can unknow this.

One of the features of being mostly monkey is that we have an incredible capacity for self-delusion.

Thinking we cannot unknow this is optimistic.

Tell that to my frontal lobes.  If you can find 'em.  Last I saw, they were at my kidneys, heading South.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Adios

I haven't been able to forget one damn thing since I joined this horrible circle jerk group.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Reverend Asshat on February 24, 2009, 01:30:41 AM
I haven't been able to forget one damn thing since I joined this horrible circle jerk group.

That's because your Cartesians are all full of dualisms.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Adios

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 24, 2009, 02:19:06 AM

Cartesians use that water to make beer, right? And the dualism is a 12 pack, right?

RIGHT???

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Reverend Asshat on February 24, 2009, 02:22:16 AM

Cartesians use that water to make beer, right? And the dualism is a 12 pack, right?

RIGHT???

NOW YOU'VE GONE AND MADE PINDAR CRY.   :x

Adios

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 24, 2009, 02:30:07 AM
Quote from: The Reverend Asshat on February 24, 2009, 02:22:16 AM

RIGHT???

NOW YOU'VE GONE AND MADE PINDAR CRY.   :x

My favorite filoosifer was OLY.

Thurnez Isa

Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on February 24, 2009, 02:52:33 AM
awesome amount of hate...
you need to do that via podcast

No, I have something...special...scheduled for next Friday's podcast.

muhaha

TGRR,
Gave himself the heebee jeebees filming it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on February 24, 2009, 04:04:05 AM
I cannot fucking wait for this.

Seriously.  One guy that was there won't look me in the eye, one won't speak to me at all, and I still get the wobblies just thinking about it.

Requia ☣

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 24, 2009, 01:11:59 AM
If they were given a minute to catch their breath, they'd tar and feather everyone on Capitol Hill, and then go rampaging across the mall towards the White House, wearing Scalia's face for a hat.

If anybody skins Scalia's face from his still screaming body and wears it as a hat before me there will be hell to pay.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: KC on February 24, 2009, 04:11:10 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 24, 2009, 01:11:59 AM
If they were given a minute to catch their breath, they'd tar and feather everyone on Capitol Hill, and then go rampaging across the mall towards the White House, wearing Scalia's face for a hat.

If anybody skins Scalia's face from his still screaming body and wears it as a hat before me there will be hell to pay.

I thought of it first, fucker.   :argh!:

Requia ☣

Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: KC on February 24, 2009, 04:17:32 AM
Fine, but I want one of the ears.

Who's looking SWANKY in his new suede hat?  Is it TGRR?  You BET it is!