News:

'sup, my privileged, cishet shitlords?  I'm back from oppressing womyn and PoC.

Main Menu

Suu demands to know what you are listening to!

Started by Suu, February 28, 2009, 09:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

altered

I got to listening again because of this: https://humanimpact.bandcamp.com/

That's an EXCITING group there, and that song... that SONG...
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

chaotic neutral observer

Sometimes, I'll wake up at 4 a.m., and a song I haven't heard in months will be blasting at full volume inside my head.

"You Probably Get That A Lot".

The way you swing your head while strolling fancy-free
Or melting down some army guys to make green tea
Though there are millions of cephalophores
That wander through this world
You've got something extra going on
I think you probably know

Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Cramulus

Currently loving DakhaBrakha, a Ukranian band that describes their sound as "ethnic chaos"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxg1dL_x0gw

altered

Happy New Years! I got in an unaccountable mood for Haunted Horses, who I last listened to on their Severed Circle EP. Sort of ambient goth rocky post punk. So, kind of like Swans trying to be Joy Division high off their ass on opium, you know, nothing too special.

It didn't prepare me for Dead Meat. HOLY. FUCK. https://hauntedhorses.bandcamp.com/

The video track is in the shittier half of the tracks on offer here and that's no easy feat. The Continental and The Banker are songs I'll listen to obsessively, I know it for a fact.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Cramulus on December 30, 2019, 03:36:06 PM
Currently loving DakhaBrakha, a Ukranian band that describes their sound as "ethnic chaos"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxg1dL_x0gw

Thanks for that one.  Their Carpathian Rap is groovy. 
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

altered

Slavic music is weird for me. It's too damn mad to really enjoy (all that Czech death metal is so goddamn bonkers...) or its so fucking good I can never stop (Russian noise-hip hop artist todestriib is an inexplicably satisfying nightmare of shimmering tinnitus with incomprehensible, warped Russian shouting on top of it, and 7.H Target is the best slam death band. The best one).

I'll give this a proper listen soon, as such.

Bruno

Was listening to this a lot for the last couple days of prior decade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmTSNCf6X7Y

Seemed like an appropriate requiem for our former futures considering our current futures cover the spread from Dystopian to Lovecraftian.
Formerly something else...

Juana

The racket of students in a vocational ed class: the electric sizzle of welding, the rumble of woodworking, the whir of sanding, and the hiss of tape measures, intermixed with the clank of tools and the banter of (mostly) teenage boys. I'm very fond of this group. They're very self directed and I barely had to remind them about safety gear.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Juana on January 22, 2020, 09:38:24 PM
The racket of students in a vocational ed class: the electric sizzle of welding, the rumble of woodworking, the whir of sanding, and the hiss of tape measures, intermixed with the clank of tools and the banter of (mostly) teenage boys. I'm very fond of this group. They're very self directed and I barely had to remind them about safety gear.

Send them my way.  We're building the apocalypse and nobody seems to care about safety.
Molon Lube

Juana

:lulz: I just told one of my favorites to be on the look out for weapons manufacturing gigs in Tucson. HE thought it was funny.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

altered

https://reliqa.bandcamp.com/album/eventide

I think Dok would get a real kick out of this. I certainly do. LMNO and CNO might also appreciate.

It's the promise of late 90s female fronted nu metal, except actually coming true instead of barely approaching halfway, and mixing with actually pretty excellent neoclassical/prog metal stuff. (Nu prog metal is something you could not convince me would ever exist just last week, for the record. It sounds like a shitpost.)

The result is excellent: try The Halfway Point, there's like seven very different things going on there musically and while the blending isn't seamless, it's not the stupid scattershot bullshit that bands like Unexpect try to pull. It sincerely sounds very much like a band who have found their own sound and just need to work out a few more of the kinks in the songwriting.

altered

https://illusionistnj.bandcamp.com/

Super Lemon Haze, Crickets and Shivers, and Scatter Brain speak for themselves: hideous, sludgy nu metal with a heaping helping of freakish noise rock shit. Completely braindead thumping Neanderthal music. Absolutely unlistenable, but I'm in an angsty bitch mood so I'm eating up this stupid bullshit.

But not JUST this stupid bullshit. Oh no.

Occasionally, I'm switching over to something far, far worse.

https://liveconformdie.bandcamp.com/album/circa-94

Check Roman Holiday, Deicide, and Blood Eagle. If you don't want to have me murdered in cold blood for my sins, let me know so I can spill more of this dipshit music all over the place. REALLY CAN'T HYPE BLOOD EAGLE ENOUGH. That song is one of my favorites now.

Suu

I've been on a second and third wave ska kick lately courtesy of my bestie, and what's probably a midlife crisis in the making.

So right now it's "Riot on Broad Street" by The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, but I'm building a playlist on Spotify. It keeps my mood from totally tanking.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

altered

Ska and I don't always get along but when we do, Bosstones are definitely fucking good stuff.

I'm an edgy bitch, I wish there was some shitty angsty goth ska. I'd be addicted. How have we gone so long without anything like that? Ska has distant connections to the roots of literally every angsty teenager genre, after all.

Doktor Howl

I am still stuck in this new metals thing.
Molon Lube