News:

Urgh, this is what I hate about PD.com, it is the only site in existence where a perfectly good spam thread can be misused for high quality discussions.  I hate you all.

Main Menu

Suu demands to know what you are listening to!

Started by Suu, February 28, 2009, 09:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Zenpatista on May 16, 2020, 07:17:29 PM
Louis Cole & Knower provide funk for the end of the world dance party.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxEIQQkhyeI

Was just watching THIS amazing ontological jail break!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifwc5xgI3QM

Fuck Armageddon! I'm here to THRASH!!
:banana: :buttsecks: :sadbanana: :sexybeast: :banana: :banana: :monkeydance: :monkeydance: :zombie: :sadbanana: :tao&evt: :banana: :banana: :sexybeast: :ECH: :madbanana: :bsex: :punchballs: :sexybeast: :banana: :banana:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

minuspace

minuspace

chaotic neutral observer

I decided to clean up some old tapes I had made off the radio in my youth; by which I mean, I typed the song titles into youtube, and listened to them that way.  I couldn't be bothered to hook up the tape deck, even if it works.
Much of my taste in music in those days was utter garbage, but there were some pretty good tracks, too.
Anyway, this listening binge caused youtube's algorithm to make a recommendation of a band from that period that I hadn't even heard of, but which I liked almost immediately.

Here are some tracks by "Faith No More".

Stripsearch

King for a Day
    Never cheer before you know who's winning / Don't make a sound

Everything's Ruined
    This video has the worst abuse of blue-screen technology I have ever seen.

The Real Thing
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

altered

How in the fuck did you not know Faith No More? They were fucking inescapable when I was a child.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on May 25, 2020, 06:03:50 AM
How in the fuck did you not know Faith No More? They were fucking inescapable when I was a child.

Yeah, that one song was on every 6 seconds.
Molon Lube

altered

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 25, 2020, 06:05:00 AM
Quote from: altered on May 25, 2020, 06:03:50 AM

Yeah, that one song was on every 6 seconds.

You mean the one that was in like twelve hit movies in 1998? Because I remember it from being on every soundtrack cassette my mother bought more than I remember it for being on all the radio (though it was definitely there too).

Lord. I can STILL hear the whiny punchable smug voice. Patton at his worst.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

altered

Here it is, CNO. If you don't immediately break out in fucking hives when you hear this then you somehow actually avoided Faith No More. And I can't believe it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG_k5CSYKhg

Fair warning: /I/ find this song intolerable. Me. It is difficult for me to believe it had any fucking popularity at all.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: altered on May 25, 2020, 06:41:13 AM
Here it is, CNO. If you don't immediately break out in fucking hives when you hear this then you somehow actually avoided Faith No More. And I can't believe it.

Fair warning: /I/ find this song intolerable. Me. It is difficult for me to believe it had any fucking popularity at all.

That's the one.
Molon Lube

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: altered on May 25, 2020, 06:41:13 AM

I don't know what to say.  As far as I can recall, I first heard that track a week or so ago while I was skimming their discography, and probably skipped past it after a minute or two.  It doesn't do anything for me.

...that song was popular, you say?  Huh.

Mind you, in high-school (mid-nineties), someone once asked me if I liked the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and discovered I had never heard of them, either.  I thought he was talking about actual peppers.  I grew up in a classical-music-only household, so my musical knowledge has some... gaps.  I have an intense dislike for Mozart that lingers to this day, and if Eine kleine nachtmusik is played in my presence, blood will be shed.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

altered

That's how I feel about Epic. It was literally everywhere in the 90s and early 2000s: every third commercial (especially beer commercials), every radio station, every fucking movie made for a full goddamn decade. If you had any sort of connection to alternative music or paid attention to any music in pop culture, you were drowning in it.

To be clear, I don't know a single person who actually LIKED that song. It was just every fucking where, all the fucking time. Since you grew up in an all classical music household, if you are about my age then you lucked out by pure chance because no human being on God's green earth has listened to it in 20 years. It was everywhere for YEARS and then overnight it disappeared. THANK FUCK.

minuspace

Cramulus