News:

What about those weed gangsters that are mad about you giving speeches in Bumfuck, Maine?

Main Menu

Suu demands to know what you are listening to!

Started by Suu, February 28, 2009, 09:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hawk on June 23, 2009, 03:58:19 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 23, 2009, 03:54:53 AM
Quote from: fomenter on June 23, 2009, 03:52:32 AM
that's right treachery and experience  :mrgreen:

Plus the money and boredom to pursue senseless vendettas. 

Next time someone talks to you of "the wisdom that comes with age", punch them in the balls.

Hahahaha. Shhhh, don't give up our mystique.

No, seriously.  I just get uglier and meaner as I get older.  I don't know how that fucking smart ass Dali Lama does it.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

fomenter

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 23, 2009, 04:02:53 AM
Quote from: Hawk on June 23, 2009, 03:58:19 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 23, 2009, 03:54:53 AM
Quote from: fomenter on June 23, 2009, 03:52:32 AM
that's right treachery and experience  :mrgreen:

Plus the money and boredom to pursue senseless vendettas. 

Next time someone talks to you of "the wisdom that comes with age", punch them in the balls.

Hahahaha. Shhhh, don't give up our mystique.

No, seriously.  I just get uglier and meaner as I get older.  I don't know how that fucking smart ass Dali Lama does it.

there must be an astral realm reached by meditation, where you can tear the heads off of your fellow man, so you don't have to do it in the material world...
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: fomenter on June 23, 2009, 04:08:34 AM

there must be an astral realm reached by meditation, where you can tear the heads off of your fellow man, so you don't have to do it in the material world...

Yeah, I think they keep it here:  hxxp://www.mysticwicks.com
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Triple Zero

I'm currently not listening to Streetlight, and goddamn, I never felt my superiority intensify from not listening to something like this before!
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

AFK

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on June 22, 2009, 08:58:29 PM
QuoteYes.
QuoteYes.

Joy, now there are two elitist bastards. Isn't life wonderful.  :fuckoff:

So, anyone else want to join the fuckhead bandwagon?

I will defend you on the Bosstones track cause I happen to like that one.  (Of course I'm biased because I did it as a cover tune in a band I used to be in)

But the rest of your list was pretty bad.  Disturbed, Slipknot, and Foo Fighters are all pretty much one-trick ponies.

But the fun part of musical snobbery is while LMNO and I may both mock you for your musical tastes, you can be sure that we'll have a go at each other for the same thing.  I mean, who in their right mind would like Justin Timberlake?  Now, if you'll excuse me I'm going to go put on some White Lion. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

rubickspoop

The track that is currently playing on my i-tunes is Spaniard by Infected Mushroom.
As for my musical tastes, I really get sucked into trancy stuff, I like grunge rock for its grunginess and general badassness, I like punk and metal for their angsty anger, and I like to be soothed by 18th and 19th century 'classical' music.
I'm a celebrity... Get me out of here!

The Wizard

QuoteBut the fun part of musical snobbery is while LMNO and I may both mock you for your musical tastes, you can be sure that we'll have a go at each other for the same thing.  I mean, who in their right mind would like Justin Timberlake?  Now, if you'll excuse me I'm going to go put on some White Lion.

Fair enough. Apologies if I over reacted. Get a ton of that shit at home, so I'm quick to get pissed when it happens elsewhere.
Insanity we trust.

AFK

No worries.  But really, ditch the Slipknot and listen to some real metal, like maybe some Amon Amarth or something like that. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Wizard

Naw, I'll stick with Slipknot. Amon Amarth is okay, but not really to my taste. Slayer is always a blast though.
Insanity we trust.

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on June 23, 2009, 09:39:10 PM
Naw, I'll stick with Slipknot. Amon Amarth is okay, but not really to my taste. Slayer is always a blast though.
Slipknot had exactly one halfway decent song. "Pulse of the Maggots" wasn't it.
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

The Wizard

Quoteyatto likes wait and bleed and vermillion

Good ones. Also enjoy Before I F0rget and Duality.
Insanity we trust.

the last yatto

those feel too much like trying to be like maynard
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit