News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

Suu demands to know what you are listening to!

Started by Suu, February 28, 2009, 09:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rubickspoop

Quote from: AsylumSeaker on July 15, 2009, 09:14:30 AM
Psykovsky

Pretty much the ultimate in psychedelic dance music in my opinion. Only if you like things fast though.

Tchaikovsky is much better. This was pretty generic, IMO.

For psychedelic dance music, I'd go for above & beyond, infected mushroom, or jam & spoon. I'll have to check out Filteria and Pleiadians
I'm a celebrity... Get me out of here!

AsylumSeaker

Quote from: rubickspoop on July 15, 2009, 10:47:58 AM
Psykovsky

Pretty much the ultimate in psychedelic dance music in my opinion. Only if you like things fast though.

For psychedelic dance music, I'd go for above & beyond, infected mushroom, or jam & spoon. I'll have to check out Filteria and Pleiadians

Infected Mushroom > Psykovsky? Generic? You are so lol!
Perhaps it just takes a while of being into psytrance and the like to really get into stuff like Psykovsky but I've never found anything else so complex and goosebumpish.

AsylumSeaker

Quote from: Triple Zero on July 15, 2009, 10:30:18 AM
Psykovsky

Name of album or track please?

In my opinion, Filteria (especially Domestic Modulator) and Pleiadians (the entire I.F.O. album) are the best psytrance ever, but I am willing to consider new stuff for the top 10 :-P

Oh and I recently got a new album, "born underwater" by Merr0w, is really very good.

There seems to have been an increase in production of new melodic goa/psy in the past few years. I approve of this.

Check out his latest album 'da budet'. Here's a blog post with a rapidshit link:

http://psychedelicprofesor.blogspot.com/2009/01/psykovsky-da-budet.html

It's really fast and crazy with a lot of random bpm changes out of nowhere in the middle of segments and bars, etc.. can be a little hard to listen too sometimes.

If you want something a bit closer to normal psy I recommend these artists:
Mr Peculiar (my favorite melodic psy)
Electrypnose (master of many styles)
Luomuhappo (batshit crazy suomisaundi, you guys should love this)
Haltya (more weird pixie circus shit from finland)
Krumelur (funky, technoish psy)
Sensient
Pondscum (dark, insectoid gear)
Procs (dark, quirky, sort of orchestral weirdness)

Triple Zero

thanks I will check it out!

I don't know any of the other artists you mentioned :) funny because I have quite a lot of psy in my collection :) except suomisaundi, that's the same style that Haltya does, right? Usually I am a great fan of batshit crazy shit, but for some reason Haltya and other stuff like it never really got past "enjoyable" for me, perhaps it's just not my taste. The only "batshit crazy" psy track that I really enjoy (that comes to mind) is "Gamma Goblins" by Hallucinogen (please tell me you know Hallucinogen right).

And be sure to check it Pleiadians - I.F.O. if you don't already know it. According to a review on discogs "This album has attained almost mythical proportions. A timeless classic that is also a great album, the best Etnica/Pleiadians/Crop Circles album, the most psychedelic full-on album from the golden Goa era etc. So, is the album really this good? Yes. In fact this is probably the best example of a hyped album that lives up to the hype." :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

AsylumSeaker

Quote from: Triple Zero on July 16, 2009, 12:05:21 AM
thanks I will check it out!

I don't know any of the other artists you mentioned :) funny because I have quite a lot of psy in my collection :) except suomisaundi, that's the same style that Haltya does, right? Usually I am a great fan of batshit crazy shit, but for some reason Haltya and other stuff like it never really got past "enjoyable" for me, perhaps it's just not my taste. The only "batshit crazy" psy track that I really enjoy (that comes to mind) is "Gamma Goblins" by Hallucinogen (please tell me you know Hallucinogen right).

And be sure to check it Pleiadians - I.F.O. if you don't already know it. According to a review on discogs "This album has attained almost mythical proportions. A timeless classic that is also a great album, the best Etnica/Pleiadians/Crop Circles album, the most psychedelic full-on album from the golden Goa era etc. So, is the album really this good? Yes. In fact this is probably the best example of a hyped album that lives up to the hype." :)

I do know hallucinogen and I love gamma goblins. I saw hallucinogen / shpongle live a little while back and when he plays he keeps bringing in that gamma goblins melody throughout the set in different styles.. it was stuck in my head for days afterwards :D

Cain

Luis Enrique Bacalov - The Grand Duel (Parte Prima)

I seem to listen to a lot of tracks from Western movies while on PD, I have noticed.  Just switched to Armando Trovajoli's Long Day of Vengeance as well.

AFK

Guided Dream to Manuscript by Christopher Franke
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

AFK

Zyklop by Thomas Koner

It's this soundscape that kind of sounds like a helicopter flying around in a big Arctic cavern.  It's kind of messing with my ears a bit, but, I can't turn it off. 

rubickspoop

Quote from: AsylumSeaker on July 15, 2009, 11:41:01 PM
Quote from: rubickspoop on July 15, 2009, 10:47:58 AM
Psykovsky

Infected Mushroom > Psykovsky? Generic? You are so lol!
Perhaps it just takes a while of being into psytrance and the like to really get into stuff like Psykovsky but I've never found anything else so complex and goosebumpish.

Perhaps. I try not to pretend I know a lot about EDM, because I don't. I just thought I'd contribute my uninformed opinion and try to learn. I've hence listened to other Psykovsky tracks and think its better than my first impression. But none of the tracks I've listened to so far have grabbed me. A psychoactive drug would probably improve my perception of them. Its one of the big reasons I like the aforementioned artists.
Checked out the track Alcyone by the Pleiadians; it was a trip. I understand why IFO got sweet reviews.
Thanks for that list, AS. I just listened to Luomuhappo. Batshit crazy fucking COOL song.
I'm a celebrity... Get me out of here!

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

AFK

Empire's Fall by SETI

a truly remarkable piece of instrumental music. 

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

AFK

Suu

I have Babylon Sisters by Steely Dan stuck in my head.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."