News:

I live in the Promised Land, except the Chosen People are all trying to get out. 

Main Menu

Suu demands to know what you are listening to!

Started by Suu, February 28, 2009, 09:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

I am listening to the drone of our plant engineer talking to me.  He is operating under the assumption that I am listening to, or somehow care about, what he is saying.  As I type, I am giving him looks that he assumes indicates interest in his jabbering, but is actually speculation about whether or not I could convince some Norwegians to harpoon his fat ass.  I bet I could, they'll hunt anything.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 25, 2009, 08:08:22 PM
I am listening to the drone of our plant engineer talking to me.  He is operating under the assumption that I am listening to, or somehow care about, what he is saying.  As I type, I am giving him looks that he assumes indicates interest in his jabbering, but is actually speculation about whether or not I could convince some Norwegians to harpoon his fat ass.  I bet I could, they'll hunt anything.

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Iason Ouabache

UNKLE - Berry Meditation (Fila Brazillia remix)

I'm not sure why...
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Pope Pixie Pickle

Cain

The Shield Theme Tune

Dunno who does it, I'd just like to remind everyone that The Shield is a massively underrated program, and of vastly higher quality than 99.9% of cop procedurals out there, with possibly only The Wire being better.  Its based loosely on the real life Rampant Division, and if you know the story behind that, you know what to expect from the show.  Corrupt cops acting as kingmakers among the L.A. gangs and underworld, negotiating and balancing against various factions like Armenian and Mexican cartels, stealing drug profits, organising hits and trying to stay one step ahead of internal affairs.

Its almost as cynical as The Wire, except for the end of the final season.  And as with most of my favourite shows, black and grey morality abounds, with the good guys in some cases being as every bit as bad as the people they are up against.  Pretty much every member of the Strike Team has killed someone in cold blood before, if not several times, and that they perpetuate the cycle of violence in L.A. is quickly obvious.

The Good Reverend Roger

I am listening to a room full of jackasses all trying to sound smart in front of the boss.  Incidentally, the boss is reading this over my shoulder (everyone else is on the other side of the room), and he is making a valiant effort at not laughing at my mockery of the fools who think he actually likes having his time wasted in such a manner.  Perhaps I shall loan him a large pipe wrench...ah, that's got him.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 26, 2009, 05:22:16 PM
I am listening to a room full of jackasses all trying to sound smart in front of the boss.  Incidentally, the boss is reading this over my shoulder (everyone else is on the other side of the room), and he is making a valiant effort at not laughing at my mockery of the fools who think he actually likes having his time wasted in such a manner.  Perhaps I shall loan him a large pipe wrench...ah, that's got him.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pixie O'Fubar on August 26, 2009, 05:27:46 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 26, 2009, 05:22:16 PM
I am listening to a room full of jackasses all trying to sound smart in front of the boss.  Incidentally, the boss is reading this over my shoulder (everyone else is on the other side of the room), and he is making a valiant effort at not laughing at my mockery of the fools who think he actually likes having his time wasted in such a manner.  Perhaps I shall loan him a large pipe wrench...ah, that's got him.

Yes, this meeting is THAT bad.  Fortunately, I had the presence of mind to insist that it occur in my office, so I can fuck off.  My boss is now gone, having shown his appreciation of all the ass kissing by pouring his coffee out on my office floor, slamming his cup on my desk, and storming out my back door.

The best part?  My back door leads to my bathroom, and there's no other way out.  He's still in there.

And everyone is kinda quiet now.  And looking at me.

Pope Pixie Pickle

i have had a day off today, and havew been drinking rum again. I have some pear cider for later.

also I am listening to Bee Girl by Pearl jam.

Suu

The Killers - Smile Like You Mean It

This band is highly underrated IMO. Their hits suck but the rest of their music is great.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

rong

"a real smart feller, he felt smart"

Pope Pixie Pickle

Terry Pratchett Monstrous Regiment on audiobook

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

AFK

For Whom The Bell Tolls as covered by Moonsorrow
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.