News:

Mr Rogers is above all that nonsense.

Main Menu

Suu demands to know what you are listening to!

Started by Suu, February 28, 2009, 09:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

This has inspired me to research Knievel in greater depth.

Lies

Puscifers New EP-

"C" Is For (Insert Sophomoric Genitalia Reference HERE)

I love it, it's great, a couple of new songs with a few good remix's, best puscifer album out to day.

All Maynard fans, GET IT.
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

AFK

Suspended in Tribulation by Suffocation who is probably the best American Death Metal band, or maybe in a two-way tie with Obituary. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on November 23, 2009, 06:43:25 PM
Suspended in Tribulation by Suffocation who is probably the best American Death Metal band, or maybe in a two-way tie with Obituary.  

I hear you for Suffocation, maybe not obituary.
Also Nile, Morbid Angel, Hate Eternal, and possibly even Black Dahlia Murder.
Best Suffocation album is still Effigy of the Forgotten, IMO.

Oh, and right now I'm listening to
Dr. Dooom - Take That Ride

East Coast Hustle

Suffocation is great. Old obituary (with James Murphy) was awesome but they haven't put out anything good since "The End Complete".

Nile and Morbid Angel are pretty good, for American bands.

Black Dahlia Murder is unquestionably one of the worst bands I've ever heard, IMO.

I'm listening to "Cut the Mullet" by Wesley Willis.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

AFK

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on November 24, 2009, 06:49:06 AM
Suffocation is great. Old obituary (with James Murphy) was awesome but they haven't put out anything good since "The End Complete".

Nile and Morbid Angel are pretty good, for American bands.

Black Dahlia Murder is unquestionably one of the worst bands I've ever heard, IMO.

I'm listening to "Cut the Mullet" by Wesley Willis.

Yeah, I was thinking more old-school Obituary.  Cause of Death and The End Complete are outstanding albums.  IIRC, The End Complete is actually the best selling Death Metal album of all time.  Not that that fact itself makes Obituary great.  Now, if you are going to the other side of the Atlantic, Bolt Thrower. 

East Coast Hustle

Bolt Thrower is dope. And yeah, Cause of Death is the album that got me into death metal and still one of my all-time favorites. The guitar solo on the title track still gives me goosebumps.

If I'm not mistaken, though, Dethklok's "Dethalbum" recently became the top-selling death metal album of alll time.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The two bands that got me into metal are Carcass and Hypocrisy, neither is American.

Black Dahlia Murder might be overhyped, but worst metal band you've ever heard? Thats harsh.
Really harsh.

AFK

I'd give that title to Five Finger Death Punch, and a bunch of other metalcore bands.  But, I'm biased because I really, really don't like metalcore.  

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on November 24, 2009, 07:42:09 PM
I'd give that title to Five Finger Death Punch, and a bunch of other metalcore bands.  But, I'm biased because I really, really don't like metalcore.  

I'm the same way, I liked that shit when it was melodic death-metal. Its amazing how many bands can rip off riffs from At The Gates and Gates of Ishtar, put some shitty hardcore vocals on it, and get pretty successful in america.

Venetian Snares & Speedranch - Meta Abuse

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Z³ on November 24, 2009, 07:37:18 PM
The two bands that got me into metal are Carcass and Hypocrisy, neither is American.

Black Dahlia Murder might be overhyped, but worst metal band you've ever heard? Thats harsh.
Really harsh.

not THE worst, but certainly in the bottom 10.

also yeah, "Heartwork" was a great album and Hypocrisy kicks a ton of ass.

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on November 24, 2009, 09:27:08 PM
Quote from: Z³ on November 24, 2009, 07:37:18 PM

Really harsh.

not THE worst, but certainly in the bottom 10.

also yeah, "Heartwork" was a great album and Hypocrisy kicks a ton of ass.

Bottom ten? Maybe, I mean subjectivity is definitely an issue here. I like stuff that's influenced by Swedish party metal, I also like bands where fat guys write songs about Castlevania, so I guess that's why I like that band. They are, however, extremely over hyped... probably because they're popular amongst the new set of hardcore/metalcore kids. Is this a case where you think they are musically bad, or is it a reaction to their fan-base.

I mean, I can understand that. It was impossible for me to listen to Radiohead for years and years after Ok Computer just because of the people who wouldn't shut up about Radiohead, and it completely destroyed Tool for me back when I was in highschool. Also, this phenomenon is common amongst a lot of other things. For instance I dont think the Beatles are that bad, they even have a couple good albums IMO, but overall they're not even that great and they get way over-hyped by certain people who think things which are objectively wrong.

East Coast Hustle

though I am definitely prone to disliking bands based more on their fanbase than their sound, BDM is one case where the music just makes me want to stick rusty butter knives into my ears until they stop working.

Sir Squid Diddimus

LMNO

Excuse me...

Did someone really just say SWEDISH PARTY METAL?

:crankey: