Suu demands to know what you are listening to!

Started by Suu, February 28, 2009, 09:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on November 25, 2009, 07:36:17 AM
though I am definitely prone to disliking bands based more on their fanbase than their sound, BDM is one case where the music just makes me want to stick rusty butter knives into my ears until they stop working.

You know what?
I have to revisit this.

They're not crap, they're a pretty good band for american metal.
Although, the older they are, the more generic they are.
None the less, they definately have a huge influence from swede-thrash (aka: swedish party metal)
I hated them at first, seven years ago, because I thought they were a trashy band that wrote cheesy lyrics about vampires.
what won me over for them was when I saw the video for What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse, because...
     I played Castlevania 2: Simons Quest, when I was a kid
     ... and it indicated to me that they had a sense of humor.
     Its a pretty good song.

Kind of like when I saw Witchery and realized they were joking.
Although, I still dont like Witchery.

So BDM isnt that bad, but... hardly my top five for metal, I just think bottom ten is harsh.
Mostly, bad metal bands I remove from my memory, for example... I cant think of the terribly shit I've heard because of Necropolis comps.
Also, I like BDM more than MOONSPELL or PEGAZUZ, for example...

Also, A like a couple songs by Sinister, but otherwise they arent that great.

Wait, Sinisters' version of To Mega Therion is the catchiest of all time.
OF ALL TIME

SATAN WILL BE VICTORIOUS IN THE BATTLE OF ARMAGEDDON

East Coast Hustle

Perhaps i should revisit BDM. I don't think I've listened to anything they've put out more recently than, say, 2005.

And I generally trust your taste in Metal.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on December 01, 2009, 08:23:58 AM
Perhaps i should revisit BDM. I don't think I've listened to anything they've put out more recently than, say, 2005.

I'm not saying they're that great.
Listen to Wormphlegm.

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

I bought a coil record yesterday for ten bucks.

Obscura- Incarcerated

This is the best band named after my favorite album so far.

Cait M. R.

Quote from: Z³ on December 01, 2009, 08:56:00 AM

Listen to Wormphlegm.

Um, what's wrong with Wormphlegm? :|

Seriously. Everyone I know who has heard them thinks they're the pinnacle of funeral doom.

Quote from: null & void on December 02, 2009, 02:02:32 AM

Listen to Wormphlegm.

Seriously. Everyone I know who has heard them thinks they're the pinnacle of funeral doom.

Thats basically what I was saying, they're my fav band right now.
Last night I flipped shit because I discovered that I missed out on a lot of good Funeral Doom, mainly Wormphlegm and Ahab.
Oh, and the new skepticism.

It makes me really happy to see some new shit happening in that genre.

Cait M. R.

Check Funeralium. They do what I can only describe as Wormphlegm meets Silent Hill.

I have a MASSIVE pile of suggestions for any interested parties, actually. I have a DVD full of doom that most people haven't heard of, though it IS getting a bit outdated. Newest tracks on it are probably 05.

President Television

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1msiz-0Z1w

This is actually a completely different band from the Foetus that I usually listen to, but I like them nevertheless. It's a shame that if they ever release an album (probably under a different name), I'll probably never find out about it.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

Freeky

Edguy - Save Us Now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jihR08lWh6M

This is my favorite song when I want to laugh, and also because it's got alien bunnies.

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

AFK

Quote from: Z³ on December 02, 2009, 02:15:09 AM
Quote from: null & void on December 02, 2009, 02:02:32 AM

Listen to Wormphlegm.

Thats basically what I was saying, they're my fav band right now.
Last night I flipped shit because I discovered that I missed out on a lot of good Funeral Doom, mainly Wormphlegm and Ahab.
Oh, and the new skepticism.

It makes me really happy to see some new shit happening in that genre.

I guess they're really more death-doom, though they do play pretty fucking slow, but I've really got into the band Ataraxie lately.  Hard to find their CDs though. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.