Suu demands to know what you are listening to!

Started by Suu, February 28, 2009, 09:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

AFK

Quote from: Iason Ouabache on December 10, 2009, 08:09:54 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 10, 2009, 07:52:42 PM
Lady of the Valley by White Lion
:x Why would you do that to yourself???

Hey, say what you will about White Lion, but that's a good song.  Yeah, the lyrics are kinda cheezy, but I'm not there for the lyrics.  I'm there for the guitartistry of one Vito Bratta.  Also, White Lion were one of the few hair metal bands to blend in any kind of politics into their songs.  There was more substance underneath the glam compared to a lot of the other fluff metal bands. 

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 10, 2009, 08:12:51 PM
Quote from: Iason Ouabache on December 10, 2009, 08:09:54 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 10, 2009, 07:52:42 PM
Lady of the Valley by White Lion
:x Why would you do that to yourself???

Hey, say what you will about White Lion, but that's a good song.  Yeah, the lyrics are kinda cheezy, but I'm not there for the lyrics.  I'm there for the guitartistry of one Vito Bratta.  Also, White Lion were one of the few hair metal bands to blend in any kind of politics into their songs.  There was more substance underneath the glam compared to a lot of the other fluff metal bands. 

That's like being the skinniest kid at fat camp.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

East Coast Hustle

Coroner - Skeleton On Your Shoulder

these guys were one of the most underrated and underappreciated metal bands of the 90's.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

East Coast Hustle

also, RWHN, listening to White Loin for Vito Bratta's guitar work makes me wonder if you also listen to Winger for Reb Beach's guitar work.

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on December 09, 2009, 05:19:49 AM
So, if I recall there are a few Boston area Muse fans around?

Well for a heads up, they're playing a show in Boston in March, tickets are up for pre-sale for fan club members tomorrow and open to wider sale on Saturday.  I wouldn't announce it but for their North American appearances being so rare and there being only six of them this time around.

EoC,
will be braving the Twilight fans to go.

And the Glenn Beck fans.  Apparently he was saying their last album was awesome (it was pretty good, though not on a level with Origin of Symmetry or the like) until the band asked him to stop, because he was kinda scary and he was the kind of person they were talking about, to be honest.

After which he said they sucked.

AFK

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on December 10, 2009, 08:17:45 PM
also, RWHN, listening to White Loin for Vito Bratta's guitar work makes me wonder if you also listen to Winger for Reb Beach's guitar work.

Well, I only own the first Winger album and it was pretty much because of the guitar work of Reb Beach.  Though, as good as he is, doing that cover of Purple Haze was a bad, bad choice.  I saw him live once when he was touring with Dokken.  Nice guy.  

Darth Cupcake

I'm listening to an MP3 that randomly appeared in my iTunes on my work computer. I do not remember downloading this MP3 or ripping it or anything.

It's a cover of "The Final Countdown."

The instrumentals are all KAZOOS and the vocals have been replaced by yelling dudes.

It's actually kinda awesome.

BUT WHERE THE FUCK DID IT COME FROM?

KAZOOS!
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

AFK

I remember someone here posting a link to that.  Maybe it was you! 

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on December 10, 2009, 09:05:32 PM
I remember someone here posting a link to that.  Maybe it was you! 

Aaahhh. Perhaps THAT is where it came from. I feel a little bit reassured now.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Darth Cupcake on December 10, 2009, 09:03:29 PM
I'm listening to an MP3 that randomly appeared in my iTunes on my work computer. I do not remember downloading this MP3 or ripping it or anything.

It's a cover of "The Final Countdown."

The instrumentals are all KAZOOS and the vocals have been replaced by yelling dudes.

It's actually kinda awesome.

BUT WHERE THE FUCK DID IT COME FROM?

KAZOOS!

I dunno, but if you want more musical horrible, go get my collection of mp3s I ripped from the youtube vids posted in the Musical Atrocities thread: http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=21398.msg783905#msg783905
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Iason Ouabache

Coverville #632: The Tom Waits Cover Story II
http://coverville.com/archives/2009/12/coverville-632-the-tom-waits-cover-story-ii/

Currently on: Screamin' Jay Hawkins - Whistlin' Past The Graveyard
    \

Iason Ouabache

\