News:

Testimonial: "Yeah, wasn't expecting it. Near shat myself."

Main Menu

Suu demands to know what you are listening to!

Started by Suu, February 28, 2009, 09:18:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

themenniss

IPT-2 - Battles
danm good stuff if you can handle it. makes for good background music.
'I talk aloud to all those who listen. when nobody does, i talk aloud to myself.'

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Iason Ouabache

You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

East Coast Hustle

my condolences.

one of the best things I ever saw at a concert was when The Mars Volta stopped playing during the 3rd song of their set in a vain attempt to explain that their music was SERIOUSLY SERIOUS and ONLY WIFE-BEATING NASCAR FANS WOULD BE MOSHING TO THEIR SUPER SERIOUS MUSIC SO STOP RIGHT NOW!

about 2 minutes later, a plastic water bottle came flying through the air and hit Cedric Bixler-Zavala in the face, splashing the contents of the water bottle all over him. He stopped playing and uttered a line which will be forever immortal to me:

"What the.....OH FUCK, IT'S PISS!"

They stopped their set and flounced amidst mutterings of "we'll never play here again!"

the kid who was deemed responsible for the piss bottle received a standing ovation from 67,000 people as he was being carried out by security.

And RHCP, who was headlining the festival, came out 45 minutes early rather than leave the fans waiting in between sets, and played their full set plus the extra 45 minutes to make up for Mars Volta's utter lack of ballsack.

all in all, it was glorious.

RCH,
loved At The Drive-In, though.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

LMNO

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on December 12, 2009, 09:51:51 PM
my condolences.

one of the best things I ever saw at a concert was when The Mars Volta stopped playing during the 3rd song of their set in a vain attempt to explain that their music was SERIOUSLY SERIOUS and ONLY WIFE-BEATING NASCAR FANS WOULD BE MOSHING TO THEIR SUPER SERIOUS MUSIC SO STOP RIGHT NOW!

about 2 minutes later, a plastic water bottle came flying through the air and hit Cedric Bixler-Zavala in the face, splashing the contents of the water bottle all over him. He stopped playing and uttered a line which will be forever immortal to me:

They stopped their set and flounced amidst mutterings of "we'll never play here again!"

the kid who was deemed responsible for the piss bottle received a standing ovation from 67,000 people as he was being carried out by security.

And RHCP, who was headlining the festival, came out 45 minutes early rather than leave the fans waiting in between sets, and played their full set plus the extra 45 minutes to make up for Mars Volta's utter lack of ballsack.

RCH,

Which goes to show, only Fugazi can pull the Fugazi trick. 

They're still incredibly douchey when they do it, however.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: LMNO on December 14, 2009, 01:48:51 PM
Which goes to show, only Fugazi can pull the Fugazi trick. 

They're still incredibly douchey when they do it, however.

Fuck you, Ian McKaye!   :argh!:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

LMNO

Heh.  He may be a douche, but he's done all right for himself as far as the whole "keeping your integrity and actually spending your life making money doing what you love" thing goes.

Sure, he's not perfect, but he's done a lot better than most people.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: LMNO on December 14, 2009, 04:04:51 PM
Heh.  He may be a douche, but he's done all right for himself as far as the whole "keeping your integrity and actually spending your life making money doing what you love" thing goes.

I think, like most people, it's his worshipers that really get under my skin.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

LMNO

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: LMNO on December 14, 2009, 04:04:51 PM

yeah, but then, he's also responsible for the straightedgers, whether he meant to be or not.

LMNO

AFK

Quote from: Rip City Hustle on December 12, 2009, 09:51:51 PM
my condolences.

RCH,

Roddy Bottum told this story in an interview about a time they (Faith No More) were playing somewhere in South America.  It might've been Columbia, who knows.  Anyway, apparently when they were playing "Epic" some people started throwing water bottles on stage.  Mike Patton being Mike Patton, encouraged it shouting "more bottles" in Spanish.  One apparently was filled with urine.  Mike Patton being Mike Patton, opened the bottle and emptied the contents on top of his head.  But, then again, that's pretty much Patton's schtick.  Mock the audience non-stop.  
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.